Howard

Carroll vs Cryan on News12 this weekend

Just got this e-mail, should be interesting to watch:

Asm. Michael Patrick Carroll will appear on NJ News 12's "Power and Politics" airing this Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 22 & 23, at 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.

He will be discussing the 2nd Amendment, along with Asm. Joe Cryan. It should be a spirited debate!

Elaine Turner

Legislative Aide

sucks to be us.

Maybe they will have it on the internets?

This link seems to be live:

http://newjersey.news12.com/news/news-12-new-jersey-live-1.3925819?firstfree=yes

Make sure that ?firstfree=yes is in the link, otherwise you need to login with a Cable account

Email above says Sat and Sun, the 22nd and 23rd. I'm guessing its meant to be 23rd and 24th rather than Friday and Saturday

This link seems to be live:

http://newjersey.new...9?firstfree=yes

Make sure that ?firstfree=yes is in the link, otherwise you need to login with a Cable account

Email above says Sat and Sun, the 22nd and 23rd. I'm guessing its meant to be 23rd and 24th rather than Friday and Saturday

The ?firstfree=yes doesn't work for me, I get automatically redirected to the login version.

Watched it on facebook, Cryan did better because of the time differences.

Can you post a link to the Facebook vid?

He's a DB. If not for his little Christine Green analogy, he wouldn't have anything to argue the point. Loughner used a 33-round magazine. Christine Green was killed with #13 of 33. After firing 33 rounds, he fumbled the full one when he went to reload.

In his hypothetical way, he's saying that if it was a 15-round magazine (which is what we used now) , and he emptied it and fumbled the re-load, Christine Green would still have been killed. But, if it was a 10-round magazine, she would have been spared. So, in backing his way into a safe round count he can still use the death of Christine Green to make his point. There are many democratic legislators across the country who are trading on the death of Christine Green to make that same point. It's shameful when lawmakers have to stoop to that level.

I'm convinced most politicians are slime balls.

He's a DB. If not for his little Christine Green analogy, he wouldn't have anything to argue the point. Loughner used a 33-round magazine. Christine Green was killed with #13 of 33. After firing 33 rounds, he fumbled the full one when he went to reload.

In his hypothetical way, he's saying that if it was a 15-round magazine (which is what we used now) , and he emptied it and fumbled the re-load, Christine Green would still have been killed. But, if it was a 10-round magazine, she would have been spared. So, in backing his way into a safe round count he can still use the death of Christine Green to make his point. There are many democratic legislators across the country who are trading on the death of Christine Green to make that same point. It's shameful when lawmakers have to stoop to that level.

Amazing how they hang on one instance...How about Libby's, didn't the guy have 8 round mag's and was able to switch mags with impunity killing multiple people in the process?

What a dirtbag, dragging the death of a child into the discussion to make an emotional plea, when logic is clearly against him! Come to think of it, that's mostly what the antis have been doing, using emotion to counter logic.

By his reasoning, either the deaths of anyone from the first ten rounds do not matter; or no one should be allowed to have even one round, since many people have been killed with the first shot. So essentially, he is admitting that he wants us to have a mag capacity of zero.

Amazing how the game works, right? It all has to do with playing on emotions by using the death of a kid as the example. He could have used the deaths of any one of the 5 other people who died, but he didn't. It's pretty much the same with the shooting in Connecticut. What you hear are emotional pleas for gun control in honor of the kids. Nothing about the adults. It's all about evoking emotions to cloud the issue. They blow smoke and let emotions take care of the rest.

Amazing how the game works, right? It all has to do with playing on emotions by using the death of a kid as the example. He could have used the deaths of any one of the 5 other people who died, but he didn't. It's pretty much the same with the shooting in Connecticut. What you hear are emotional pleas for gun control in honor of the kids. Nothing about the adults. It's all about evoking emotions to cloud the issue. They blow smoke and let emotions take care of the rest.

You mean like Obama using kids and emergency response or whatever works for his agenda. The libs use all the tricks that they can to con the sheeple...... and it works! It drives me crazy thinking about how these clowns get elected and we the honest, hard working people pay their salaries.......for no real, true representation.

If this is " what if argument" then it is wrong

By his logic first 10 don't count.

What if it wasn't gun free zone and shooter was stopped even before he hit his first victim?

BTW, I've tried to research this subject and it seems like there is no official police report published anywhere.

If anyone knows where to find it, please share.

So far, only credible source I can find is NY Times article published immediately after incident, and they say that shooter fired more that 20 rounds, it says nothing about reload pause that helped to stop him.

If this is " what if argument" then it is wrong

By his logic first 10 don't count.

What if it wasn't gun free zone and shooter was stopped even before he hit his firt victim?

Each time he humps on the memory of that little girl, and tells his story, he doesn't start out by saying that the shooter had a 33-round magazine in a handgun. He always starts out by saying that she was killed with the 13th round, and that since NJ's limit is 15, it should now be 10, and if it were 10 she would still be alive. The shooter's gun could have jammed on the 3rd round, or the 5th round, or the 8th round. Could have, could have, could have. All he's doing is drawing hypothetical parallels that cloud the real issue. Like a true democrat, he's a master at blowing smoke.

I watched this, as well as the show with Cryan and Kean. If I hear the phrase "common sense" one more time I'm going to vomit.

I'll quote someone smarter than me, and maybe, just maybe, smarter than Joe "Father of the Year, Terrorist Supporter" Cryan:

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. -- Albert Einstein

I spent probably half of this Sunday searching for official timeline of the actual shooting,

to prove or disprove that poor girl was hit with 10+ bullet as he says.

Timeline does not exists, Loughner aimed for the district court judge Rolls and then Giffords.

After that he spayed crowd with bullets and attempted to escape but was tackled by a bystander.

Mark Kimble, aide to Giffords, who witnessed shooting said that “Everyone hit the ground” after gunman shot judge.

My guess is that nobody can tell with 100% certainty in what sequence people were hit with bullets.

Every attorney knows that eye witness testimony is always questionable evidence, because people tend to imagine certain things and believe that they saw it.

Next time we need to ask our friend Cryan what sources he is using to make such bold statement and base state wide policy on it.