Howard

Carroll vs Cryan on News12 this weekend

I spent probably half of this Sunday searching for official timeline of the actual shooting,

to prove or disprove that poor girl was hit with 10+ bullet as he says.

Timeline does not exists, Loughner aimed for the district court judge Rolls and then Giffords.

After that he spayed crowd with bullets and attempted to escape but was tackled by a bystander.

Mark Kimble, aide to Giffords, who witnessed shooting said that “Everyone hit the ground” after gunman shot judge.

My guess is that nobody can tell with 100% certainty in what sequence people were hit with bullets.

Every attorney knows that eye witness testimony is always questionable evidence, because people tend to imagine certain things and believe that they saw it.

Next time we need to ask our friend Cryan what sources he is using to make such bold statement and base state wide policy on it.

You're correct, no way to prove it. But it is the partyline used by all politicians who want to limit magazine capacity who are pointing to that event as an example.

You're correct, no way to prove it. But it is the partyline used by all politicians who want to limit magazine capacity who are pointing to that event as an example.

This should be our mission,

Every time they pull numbers out of thin air to support BS argument,

We need to do everything to question credibility of the sources.

He's a DB. If not for his little Christine Green analogy, he wouldn't have anything to argue the point. Loughner used a 33-round magazine. Christine Green was killed with #13 of 33. After firing 33 rounds, he fumbled the full one when he went to reload.

In his hypothetical way, he's saying that if it was a 15-round magazine (which is what we used now) , and he emptied it and fumbled the re-load, Christine Green would still have been killed. But, if it was a 10-round magazine, she would have been spared. So, in backing his way into a safe round count he can still use the death of Christine Green to make his point. There are many democratic legislators across the country who are trading on the death of Christine Green to make that same point. It's shameful when lawmakers have to stoop to that level.

I'm convinced most politicians are slime balls.

crazy.

And there was no court trial, because he pleaded guilty in exchange for life sentence.

so there no official reconstruction of events.

I think it was the third bullet, prove me wrong ...

In the hearing Cryan mentioned 'ballistic evidence' whatever that is of the 13th shot striking the girl. Perhaps there is an actual official report that states this? While I don't believe anything I see on TV like CSI and all that stuff, is there some way of determining a timeline of the shooting with that level of granularity? I really don't know, I would err on the side of Cryan being a lying politician (BIRM) , but is such a determination possible at all?

They pull the numbers out of their azz. Here's a comment made by Senator Murphy, a Democrat, from Connecticut: "We do know that historically in these instances, amateurs have trouble switching magazines,” Mr. Murphy said, referring to the high-capacity ammunition feeding device used by Mr. Lanza to shoot scores of bullets in seconds. “I believe, and many of the parents there believe, that if Lanza had to switch cartridges nine times versus two times there would likely still be little boys and girls alive in Newtown today.”

In the hearing Cryan mentioned 'ballistic evidence' whatever that is of the 13th shot striking the girl. Perhaps there is an actual official report that states this? While I don't believe anything I see on TV like CSI and all that stuff, is there some way of determining a timeline of the shooting with that level of granularity? I really don't know, I would err on the side of Cryan being a lying politician (BIRM) , but is such a determination possible at all?

Like a said, I searched high an low, probably up to the 10 page of search results of Google and Bing.

I did find police reports on Loughner prior to shooting and timeline of events prior and after actual shooting, but there is no detailed reconstruction of shooting sequence.

And if you think about it, it probably was only few seconds long and chaotic. Since case was never tried in court, there was no need traumatise victims with reconstruction interviews. Guy is guilty, gets life, case closed, prosecutor gets the medal.

So, I call bluff on "ballistic evidence" BS, another evidence of how our law makers learn about real life from TV and Holywood movies.

Cryan probably thinks that 250 lb guy is supposed to drop to the ground immediately afte single 9mm pistol round hit (just like in the movie).

Well, same TV ( life in the ER) portraits people walking into emergency room by themselves with three bullets in the upper body 30min after being shot on the street.

"Artistic license" that's the new word for stretching and distorting reality in the movies.

But law makers cannot have this license, and they cannot use it for political gains.

Wouldn't a mass shooter use the biggest mag he could find, and not worry about facing a weapons charge for disobeying a state law?

And if the girl was hit with the thirteenth round, then by his own logic, shouldn't he be arguing for a 12 round limit? And had she been hit with the 31st round, would our state limit be upped to 30?

What an unmitigated douche!

Wouldn't a mass shooter use the biggest mag he could find, and not worry about facing a weapons charge for disobeying a state law?

It presumes that the shooter is too dumb to drive to Pennsylvania or Delaware to buy whatever illegal mag he so desires. It also ignores the Columbine HS massacre which occurred during AWB I, and included a "Biden Special" (double-barrel shotgun).

If multiple rounds were fired in a very short time it would be very difficult if not impossible to determine which round was responsible for each wound. There is still debate raging about exactly how many shots were fired, and which bullet and which bullet fragment was responsible for each wound in Kennedy's assassination 49 years later. And Oswald used a bolt-action rifle.

Google "Cryan Christie" and you'll get more than a million hits with Cryan accusing Republicans in general, and Christie in particular, of responsibility for pretty much everything that's wrong with New Jersey except Snooki. Which is amazing, since Republicans haven't been in charge of governing New Jersey for most of the last 100 years.

I think he actually believes this stuff. As Democratic state chairman in November 2009, Cryan presided over Corzine's defeat by Chris Christie. The loss must have been a huge blow to his ego.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so.

And had she been hit with the 31st round, would our state limit be upped

Since no one seems to be able to find true ballistic evidence except Cryan, this is the magic number we need to argue.

But yet again, I will continue to argue the stupidity of ANY mag restriction debate. FORGET EVEN CHANGING MAGS. If these madmen know they're going out, they will just bring a sack of guns, toss them away when empty, and grab ANOTHER GUN without having to bother to reload. Based on this, perhaps we can persuade Joe Cryan that we will "concede" legislation which permits us to legally restrict us from CCW only 1 weapon at a time. Win for Joe.