Sign in to follow this  
TooBigToFit

(Some) Computers to be made in America (Lenovo ThinkPad/ThinkCentre)

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/2/3443596/lenovo-thinkpad-thinkcentre-computers-made-in-the-usa

A bit old but figured someone would be interested. Don't personally remember the last American made computer I purchased, but I find it ironic that a Chinese company is manufacturing in America before American companies are. And kinda sad.

Note that it's only some of their Think products, but that's better than nothing right? They're fantastic products, with the best keyboards in the business. I'm a bit disappointed that they no longer make a 17" workstation though.

I am kind of neutral on this. On one hand we are getting more jobs back here in America. On the other hand the money is still going back to China. Considering that most of their products are still going to be coming out of China, I think this is more of a publicity stunt, So they can say "We proudly Make in America" while in reality what you end up buying most likely still comes from China.