HolyHandGrenade

Hello from Mahwah

Hello all. I just found this forum doing a Google search about NJ gun laws. I have all of my paper work filled out to get my purchase permit and handgun certs. Just waiting to get finger printed on Tue...

I moved down here from NH a few years ago and can't believe all of the hoops you have to jump through to get a gun here. Up there I was an avid shooter and had a concealed carry permit. I'm hearing that I can pretty much forget about CC down here.

Anyway, I just wanted to do a quick intro. I'll be around and checking out the classifieds as soon as my paperwork comes through!

Welcome to the forum. I believe there is a range right over the state line in NY. I have never been there but a buddy of mine that lives in NY has gone and said its pretty good.

Thank you, I found that range online before and was wondering about it. I can't seem to find it again, but I believe it's right on rt 17?

Welcome to the forum. I'm also in Mahwah. The PD here will not give you any problems at all.

As for NY, you can forget about going with a handgun. They'll lock you up. Closest outdoor to Mahwah is Cherry Ridge. Closest indoor is RTSP, Bullethole, Tenafly or Riverdale. You can follow this link: http://njgunforums.c...-bergen-county/

Thanks for the heads up on the NY ranges. I was going to look into first... Question answered! My Fiances Father lives in PA. He's an ex-game warden. Needless to say, he's an avid hunter and belongs to a few clubs. I might just do my shooting down there. He introduced me to sporting clays two weekends ago. It was a blast. Pretty sure I'm hooked. My Fiancée also filed the paperwork for the permits. Our first guns will be a Glock 21 for me, a Glock 23 for her, and a shotgun for me to shoot clays with. Looking for a safe right now.

I just picked up an m6 tactical light/laser for $130 shipped WITH the remote pressure switch! I used one on my Glock 22 up in NH. I really liked the combo for HD.

If you want to do some clays (trap, skeet), be sure to check out Thunder Mountain in Ridgewood. It's about a 30 minute drive. You don't even need a shotgun, they will lend you one of theirs.

Cherry Ridge is more like an hour drive if you do the speed limit.

If you want to do some clays (trap, skeet), be sure to check out Thunder Mountain in Ridgewood. It's about a 30 minute drive. You don't even need a shotgun, they will lend you one of theirs.

Cherry Ridge is more like an hour drive if you do the speed limit.

I was looking at Thunder Ridges site earlier. I'm going to check it out for sure. Thanks!

Wow, never had so many replies to an intro thread in any other forum before! Usually, I find it a waste of time to even write one, not here though. Good stuff!

Hey, You guys in Mahwah. What was your experience getting your purchase license and pistol permits> Nightmare? Good? Somewhere in the middle?...