jto966

What's a ~10year old German made P226 9mm worth?

It's a safe gremlin.. sits there and sits there... So I thought I'd get everyone's opinion on what you thinks it's worth.

Original Case and paper work.

1 10 round

1 15 round

Made in Germany

I put that in bold for that fact because to me it's worth more. Also this gun was produced at a time when they weren't mass producing guns, which again IMO is worth more..,, not necessary more money but personally it would make me feel better buying a gun from a time that they were'nt rushing to get them out. again.. to each his own opinion.

What do you think I should ask for it

post-2026-0-40749800-1361656486_thumb.jpg

post-2026-0-33265800-1361656500_thumb.jpg

post-2026-0-13116200-1361656513_thumb.jpg

You have a certain limitation on the amount of pictures you can upload if you're a non-premier member. However, you can post up the pictures using photobucket or imageshack and use their links to post in here, instead of uploading directly.

From what I've seen on gunsamerica.com and gunbroker.com they usually sell German made P226 and P229 around $500-$600 dollars. However, these were Swiss/German police issue so they might be devalued from a gun that's been taken care of well by a civilian.

Depending on the condition, etc. might be willing to pay $625 and/or make a trade... Let me know if you want to sell.

Depending on the condition, etc. might be willing to pay $625 and/or make a trade... Let me know if you want to sell.

I'd like to sell it. I don't have a handgun permit, I have a Moss shotgun, .22 lever action rifle, and two other handguns and a AR.. personally I can't think of anything to trade.. but let me know.

Unless you might have a really nice scope for my ar...

just because its a german one doesn't make it rare

I never mentioned it was RARE. My only point was that some people might prefer one made in Germany.

Turns out the gun is 13 years old. All I was looking for is opinions on what it was worth and what someone might think I should ask for it. I have my answer THANKS

I never mentioned it was RARE. My only point was that some people might prefer one made in Germany.

Turns out the gun is 13 years old. All I was looking for is opinions on what it was worth and what someone might think I should ask for it. I have my answer THANKS

you just didn't seem happy with the answers you got..that's all. Good luck if you decide to sell it.

If I had money, or a PP, I'd buy it in a heartbeat....

...for $500. (Who am I kidding, I never have money anyway!)

That being said, the market is artificially inflated right now due to panic buying, so you can probably get more for it now than it's worth, though maybe not as much for a 9mm pistol, since nobody can find the damn ammo haha.