ogfarmer

OLD NEWS---ATF Agent Seizes 30 Airsoft Toy Guns! Says They can be Converted!

sorry if repost...

converted to fire real bullets..lol

*****After further research is is possible to modify a particular model*******

is this guy related to Mainor? J/K

DISCLAIMER---I DID NOT POST VIDEO ORIGINALLY AND I AM NOT PERSONALLY CALLING ANYONE A MORON it was title of the youtube video

Meanwhile. Im watching on tv, 'Cops' where they bust into a SMALL house w AR's dressed w ACOG's and maybe even a bipod to get this one unrepentant moron in the baby's room w baby still in there.

I guess AR's are not appropriate in the 'home'.

This gun paranoia has got to stop, really getting old and NJ breaks the record.

was he trying to put the mag in backwards at first?

Yes.

And the work to convert it to fire real ammo took like 5 days, and a team to get it to work. It fired one shot before it blew apart from chamber pressure. Guess Pot Metal doesn't make a good material when handling pressure...

The AR lowers on some toys are so close they can be modified to a real lower, supposedly. It's not cost effective but could be used by someone that can't pass a background check.

If you look inside the lowers of the ones they are talking about...it Appears IDENTICAL to a standard M-16 lower..until you put a real lower next to it, and you see the dimensions are altered...just enough that an upper wont fit

The AR lowers on some toys are so close they can be modified to a real lower, supposedly. It's not cost effective but could be used by someone that can't pass a background check.

This is 100% correct and why they were seized, they were made by a Chinese company that was removed from the

list of importation on this specific type of airsoft gun for that very reason. The owner of the store decided to order them

anyway and was cought while importing them. Then..... when he got in trouble he went and get the lame ass air soft online

community involved spouting all sourts of BS they even went as far as saying that the ATF should be going ofter real

gun owners and importations and leave them alone. So dont feel too bad for this guy or those ass hats, they gladly threw

us under the bus because one of their own did something illegal. Real gun or not, break the law and get cought, you deserve what you get.

Before you all starting calling people morons and idiots you should know what you speaking about. You just did exactly what every liberal BS politician does when they write another ass hat bill trying to restrict our rights knowing nothing about firearms, the current laws and what they are speaking about.

Before you all starting calling people morons and idiots you should know what you speaking about. You just did exactly what every liberal BS politician does when they write another ass hat bill trying to restrict our rights knowing nothing about firearms, the current laws and what they are speaking about.

This ATF 'expert' tried to put the magazine in backwards and said "with minimal work" they could be converted to a machine gun. Maybe if he knew what he was speaking about it wouldn't be so obvious. Nobody is calling him a moron without reason. A quick look into his history at ATF seems to substantiate this.

This is 100% correct and why they were seized, they were made by a Chinese company that was removed from the

list of importation on this specific type of airsoft gun for that very reason. The owner of the store decided to order them

anyway and was cought while importing them. Then..... when he got in trouble he went and get the lame ass air soft online

community involved spouting all sourts of BS they even went as far as saying that the ATF should be going ofter real

gun owners and importations and leave them alone. So dont feel too bad for this guy or those ass hats, they gladly threw

us under the bus because one of their own did something illegal. Real gun or not, break the law and get cought, you deserve what you get.

If you break NJ's pending new gun laws, I certainly hope you get what you deserve since that is your philosophy.

It's stupid.  Anybody can get a gun and this would be the dumbest and most difficult way to try to come up with one.

Morons and idiots.

I only copied the title of the video... I wasnt calling anyone a moron

So these toy rifles CAN be "very easily converted into machine guns"?

That's very interesting

I do concur. I had no idea this can be done..... this is truly scary and this kid will be crying for his mother when they come and get him.

You do realize he "converted" an airsoft AR15 to a real "military grade" AR15 with nothing more than a screwdriver, punch and a tube of chapstick, right? This doesn't strike you at all as being a farce and a sly shell game to foll you into thinking such a ridiculous notion is true? Come on.

You do realize he "converted" an airsoft AR15 to a real "military grade" AR15 with nothing more than a screwdriver, punch and a tube of chapstick, right? This doesn't strike you at all as being a farce and a sly shell game to foll you into thinking such a ridiculous notion is true? Come on.

He had me at "there is a REAL Chamber there". Just a sarcastic post about the fact that there are people out there attempting to do this kind of stuff. Hope he doesn't shoot his eye out!

this sounds to me like the guys owning the store managed to piss someone off......possibly inadvertently, but they did, and now machinegundan has a hardon for them.

It's not a particular company. BATFE has a stick up their but about detailed all metal airsoft replicas wiht bits that look like they could be genuine receivers for a given firearm. I suspect the logic goes something like this. If I milled a receiver out of crap metal, and sold it to someone as a gun, I'd be breaking the law regardless of the fact it couldn't fire more than once without serious negative consequences. If I sold something as a firearm without the proper manufacturing and sales licenses that DID work like gun X despite not actually having the exact dimensions of gun X, I'd be breaking the law, reagardless of the fact that it differed in dimensions and materials to gun X. I think they get these concepts in their head as bureaucrats with an overdeveloped sens of authority and deem certain products as existing specifically to spite them.

What they really want are the importers to accept "NO" as an answer, and they can't come up with a way to legally justify a no answer, so they grab a bunch at the border and make sure they can't turn an upper into a machine gun, and that the trigger group can't be put into a semi lower to make it a machine gun. The dimensions on ANY part of it change a milimeter, they do it again and escalate the sample size. The internet talks about it, and all the sudden they are SURE they heard someone is doing it despite the reality being all they are hearing is an echo of their own stupidity, and the next time will be even more escalated.

So these toy rifles CAN be "very easily converted into machine guns"?

That's very interesting

Remember the part that counts is the :Lower..if an upper can be attached and it it can Fire...VIOLA........ NOW you have a potential Firearm. Personally i dont KNOW firsthand if it would work or not...im not willing to play stupid BATFE games to find out. I Dont BELIEVE that a live upper would fit on that lower..but even ATTEMPTING to see if it works, can be seen as an attempt to Manufacture an unlawful Firearm..and all of the attendant penalties that that brings. Considering just HOW detailed some of the overseas airsoft stuff is Dimension-wise, i wouldnt have been shocked if it DID work. Remember, people have built functioning lowers out of wood and plastic..even a pot-metal lower that functioned would be an issue. Either way this is something that was argued ad nauseum a couple of years ago...I cant see myself spending as much for an airsoft gun as i would for a real rifle, so im not planning on testing that out anytime soon..and if I DID, I certainly wouldnt say anything about it.