Sign in to follow this  
SURFINGJERSEY

FIREARMS PRICCE REQUEST?

Price Requests are coming in at a rate of 20 to 30 per day. Mostly for the same thing. I used to respond to every request, but it got old since I can not get anything that everyone wants. Evil guns are NOT AVAILABLE. if I don't have it, I can't get it. My inventory is about 1/3 of what it was pre-election/shooting. Maybe people do not realize that there is NOTHING out there.

Price Requests are coming in at a rate of 20 to 30 per day. Mostly for the same thing. I used to respond to every request, but it got old since I can not get anything that everyone wants. Evil guns are NOT AVAILABLE. if I don't have it, I can't get it. My inventory is about 1/3 of what it was pre-election/shooting. Maybe people do not realize that there is NOTHING out there.

Not to bust your ballettes, I recognize the inventory issues. I can't speak for others, but I get frustrated wondering if my emails and price requests have fallen into some black hole in cyberspace. When I submit a request for quote, I have permit in hand and money in my pocket. I wait to shop elsewhere, hoping to do business with a forum vendor, for replies that never come. I think all forum vendors should at least reply with a note that says it's out of stock, and it's unknown when the gun will be available again. Then I can move on to look elsewhere.

Before the hype I got replies within an hour. The vendors here are great.

The thing is I've asked a few of them for price requests directly by e-mail

and they've all come back and told me they simply cannot get their hands

on anything right now.

Sorry, but answering 20 requests per day saying I don't have it is getting old.

Sent from my DROID4

We're just as tired with this crap as you are. With enough courtesy to those who still want to buy guns, they'll probably continue to do business with when this stuff finally goes away. How the hell would I know if, for some reason you might have, or not have, a particular gun I'm looking for. Don't tell me you don't have 1 new gun to sell. Perhaps it could be the gun I'm looking for.

We're just as tired with this crap as you are. With enough courtesy to those who still want to buy guns, they'll probably continue to do business with when this stuff finally goes away. How the hell would I know if, for some reason you might have, or not have, a particular gun I'm looking for. Don't tell me you don't have 1 new gun to sell. Perhaps it could be the gun I'm looking for.

Okay. Point taken. I was trying to relay what others are thinking. I can't wait for the next "l am looking for a cheap AR" request.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Okay. Point taken. I was trying to relay what others are thinking. I can't wait for the next "l am looking for a cheap AR" request.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

A simple email template that tactfully address requests from DB's would suffice. LOL. Don't get me wrong, I understand your point completely. What you may consider is, if you have something similar to my request -- perhaps by another manufacturer, you might just want to quickly reply, "I don't have what you're looking for, but I do have ... , which is similar if you're interested. In the present atmosphere, people are willing to compromise. As an example, I was looking for a Kimber, 1911 a few weeks ago. Didn't necessarily have to be a Kimber -- that was a want. Could have been just about any 1911 with a decent reputation within my price range.