Sign in to follow this  
18Steel

M&P40 VTAC

In the market for a M&P40 and I found a VTAC that I have an opportunity to buy. Love the looks of something a little different. Is it worth the extra bucks for the VTAC version? Is it just paint and the sights that make this version different than the other M&P's? I read that there are been some issues with the optics in the sights. Any thoughts?

On a different note, do they make a M&P9 that is NJ compliant?

I have the M&P 40. To be honest the VTAC and pro's are not worth it. You can get a M&P 40 for under $500 with a few mags. Apex trigger job is about $85. Both VTAC and pro start at $700+ if I recall.

Yes there are several M&P9s that are fine in NJ.

I have the M&P 40. To be honest the VTAC and pro's are not worth it. You can get a M&P 40 for under $500 with a few mags. Apex trigger job is about $85. Both VTAC and pro start at $700+ if I recall.

I meant to say M&P9 VTAC NJ compliant.

I have the Pro and it's worth it to me.

I have a Pro in .40. To me, it was not worth the extra dough. The trigger still sucked, and I don't like the 3 dot night sites. Too many dots for my eyes to try and focus on the front one. I put Apex trigger parts in mine, and swapped out the sites for Dawson precision fiber optic front and Warren Tactical blacked out rears. Save yourself the money, get a regular M&P and upgrade it from there.