Bully

Petition to ask Sig Sauer to stop sales to L.E./Gubbmint

Petition to ask Sig Sauer to join the fight.

http://www.causes.com/actions/1733845-sig-sauer-for-citizens-rights?recruiter_id=185197053&reposter=384128&token=6hPzi7Wha8VdNc_fA223N92T&utm_campaign=activity_invitation_mailer/activity_invitation&utm_medium=email&utm_source=causes

Mods, if it's a redundant post, please inform me and delete. Did a quick search didn't find anything.

C

We need a grassroots movement against these companies. Here is a letter I am placing on all of their (sig, glock, s&w, springfield, etc...) Facebook pages, I will also tweet this and include several conservative bloggers asking for retweets and such. Please let me know your thoughts

To whom it may concern,

I represent over 80 million firearms owners, all NRA members and Americans with the purchasing power to support those companies that support us, our interests and our second amendment rights.

I am writing you today, on behalf of the above mentioned groups, to ask for your support. We are at a crossroads with all of the pending laws that are being introduced at the federal, state and local levels as they relate to second amendment rights. You are aware, I am sure, that these proposed laws will not only effect law abiding American citizens, but those companies that design, manufacture, distribute and sell firearms and related accessories. Though some laws affect some companies immediately, it is ignorant to think that future laws will not affect all companies.

We are asking your support in standing with excellent companies like LaRue Tactical, Olympic Arms and 23 other companies that have enacted policies of either not selling to the state and local law enforcement organizations in restrictive states or limiting their sales to that which state residents can purchase.

As the member body of the NRA, 80 million law abiding American firearms owners, and Americans with the purchasing power to engage in the enjoyment of the Second Amendment will will make the continued promise and action of supporting each of your companies with continued purchases of your products and accessories. Those of you that do not support us, will be plagued with the unfortunate action of losing our purchase dollars.

You see, unlike being fooled by politicians that we can elect out of office during election cycles, we can decide immediately what to do with our private funds for purchase. This purchasing power, that we sincerely want to use to purchase your products, will go to the manufacturers that stand side by side with us against the draconian regulations that are being proposed and will be proposed in the future.

Look back into history at the dilemma that Smith and Wesson willingly put themselves in during 2000. S&W signed an agreement with Andrew Cuomo, then President Clinton's secretary of housing and urban development, to basically accept the gun control proposals of the liberal citizens disarmament movement. This forced advocates for freedom like the NRA ,GOA and every free American gun owner to boycott S&W. This boycott had an immediate effect on their stock price and forced changes at all levels of S&W and forced them to back peddle their original position.

We ask you to avoid this and situations like this in the very near future and act immediately to stand with us and benefit from and solidify a continued customer loyalty.

Sincerely,

Americans for Free States,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We need a grassroots movement against these companies. Here is a letter I am placing on all of their (sig, glock, s&w, springfield, etc...) Facebook pages, I will also tweet this and include several conservative bloggers asking for retweets and such. Please let me know your thoughts

To whom it may concern,

I represent over 80 million firearms owners, all NRA members and Americans with the purchasing power to support those companies that support us, our interests and our second amendment rights.

I am writing you today, on behalf of the above mentioned groups, to ask for your support. We are at a crossroads with all of the pending laws that are being introduced at the federal, state and local levels as they relate to second amendment rights. You are aware, I am sure, that these proposed laws will not only effect law abiding American citizens, but those companies that design, manufacture, distribute and sell firearms and related accessories. Though some laws affect some companies immediately, it is ignorant to think that future laws will not affect all companies.

We are asking your support in standing with excellent companies like LaRue Tactical, Olympic Arms and 23 other companies that have enacted policies of either not selling to the state and local law enforcement organizations in restrictive states or limiting their sales to that which state residents can purchase.

As the member body of the NRA, 80 million law abiding American firearms owners, and Americans with the purchasing power to engage in the enjoyment of the Second Amendment will will make the continued promise and action of supporting each of your companies with continued purchases of your products and accessories. Those of you that do not support us, will be plagued with the unfortunate action of losing our purchase dollars.

You see, unlike being fooled by politicians that we can elect out of office during election cycles, we can decide immediately what to do with our private funds for purchase. This purchasing power, that we sincerely want to use to purchase your products, will go to the manufacturers that stand side by side with us against the draconian regulations that are being proposed and will be proposed in the future.

Look back into history at the dilemma that Smith and Wesson willingly put themselves in during 2000. S&W signed an agreement with Andrew Cuomo, then President Clinton's secretary of housing and urban development, to basically accept the gun control proposals of the liberal citizens disarmament movement. This forced advocates for freedom like the NRA ,GOA and every free American gun owner to boycott S&W. This boycott had an immediate effect on their stock price and forced changes at all levels of S&W and forced them to back peddle their original position.

We ask you to avoid this and situations like this in the very near future and act immediately to stand with us and benefit from and solidify a continued customer loyalty.

Sincerely,

Americans for Free States,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Great letter. One criticism... "peddle" should be "pedal"

C

I wish I could look at shareholder and profit reports on civilian market opposed to government/military contracts.

This is mainly because these companies can survive off cutting out some middlemen, employees (overseas even) and just rely on these contracts.

Somewhat parallel to my thoughts. Arms companies that have a significant percentage of their profits derived from Law enforcement and Government contracts plus answerable to share holders will be hard pressed to bend to any amount of noble but ultimately futile letters or campaigns.Reasoning assuming that the difference will be made up with now loyal private sales would solely depend on the percentage mix and any forecast for the continuing sales boom and passed laws. I don't see Glock,Sig,S&W et al suddenly doing a about face just because they are the focus of a letter writing campaign pointing out already painfully evident and punishing laws unless of course there's a profit to be made long term.

Somewhat parallel to my thoughts. Arms companies that have a significant percentage of their profits derived from Law enforcement and Government contracts plus answerable to share holders will be hard pressed to bend to any amount of noble but ultimately futile letters or campaigns.Reasoning assuming that the difference will be made up with now loyal private sales would solely depend on the percentage mix and any forecast for the continuing sales boom and passed laws. I don't see Glock,Sig,S&W et al suddenly doing a about face just because they are the focus of a letter writing campaign pointing out already painfully evident and punishing laws unless of course there's a profit to be made long term.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Duppie,

You just hit the nail on the head! Publicly-held companies have to answer to shareholders, whereas smaller family-owned businesses are more able to cut ties with whomever they so please. The Dreamers & Kids we have here just don't "get it" when it comes down to economics and the entire picture. They'll also be the first ones to **** if gun prices go up any more due to market conditions, contracts, suits from broken contracts, etc. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the idea of a Mom & Pop operation not selling to LEOs in a State where they can't legally do business with the populace. I am however a realist and don't want to see any harm come to those few who can't find a solid way of doing it, because if any of the Big Boys fold, we'll all have less selection and higher prices....

Dave

Unpopular Old Fudd & Patriot

I applaud those of us who tilt at windmills but again some of these companies only survive to offer us their wares by fulfilling LE and Government contracts and to suggest that they should be thrown into litigation or abandon a primary source of their profits is asking a bit much.

Better still is to show them that far friendlier States,Governors,workers and populace are sometimes available elsewhere,frequently at a overall operational savings. I need not remind anyone that it's all about the money....

I applaud those of us who tilt at windmills but again some of these companies only survive to offer us their wares by fulfilling LE and Government contracts and to suggest that they should be thrown into litigation or abandon a primary source of their profits is asking a bit much.

Better still is to show them that far friendlier States,Governors,workers and populace are sometimes available elsewhere,frequently at a overall operational savings. I need not remind anyone that it's all about the money....

May I suggest Montezuma, Iowa, home to Brownell's for instance. Nice little town, great work ethic, lower cost of living, trained work force within commuting distance. Just 5 minutes or so away from Rt. 80! I drive right past their front door on the way to visit my Son! My son lives just 30 miles away in Pella, where he's an Engineer for Vermeer Manufacturing Co. (a privately held family-owned company with great people running it). Iowa is a SHALL ISSUE State....took my Son a whole 3 days for his hand gun permit, lol!

May I suggest Montezuma, Iowa, home to Brownell's for instance. Nice little town, great work ethic, lower cost of living, trained work force within commuting distance. Just 5 minutes or so away from Rt. 80! I drive right past their front door on the way to visit my Son! My son lives just 30 miles away in Pella, where he's an Engineer for Vermeer Manufacturing Co. (a privately held family-owned company with great people running it). Iowa is a SHALL ISSUE State....took my Son a whole 3 days for his hand gun permit, lol!

There you are......If a firearms or accessory company is increasingly beleaguered by their home state laws and politicians,why take it out on a cross section of the public that depend on your product sometimes for their lives? They didn't pass the laws even if some have already drunk the Coolaid. Better to show their politicians that the business and the jobs associated with it is welcomed elsewhere and see just how fast they capitulate. I know of no state that is willing to lose jobs and the votes that go along with it.

Colorado

.....as an option for a potential firearm friendly state for a company to move to or as a state willing to lose jobs and voters?

A state willing to lose jobs. See the Magpul controversy

I have indeed read about the Magpul incident and Colorado have already conceded with an amendment to allow manufactures including Magpul to continue to produce mags with a capacity of 15 rounds or more as long as it is sold to states with no restrictions. Magpul on the other hand have yet to commit as I suspect they are waiting to consider other offers and opportunities.

So you see Colorado in effect....blinked and was not prepared to allow jobs or voters to be lost.

I have indeed read about the Magpul incident and Colorado have already conceded with an amendment to allow manufactures including Magpul to continue to produce mags with a capacity of 15 rounds or more as long as it is sold to states with no restrictions. Magpul on the other hand have yet to commit as I suspect they are waiting to consider other offers and opportunities.

So you see Colorado in effect....blinked and was not prepared to allow jobs or voters to be lost.

But they will still lose them because Magpul has said no thank you to the offer.

It has passed the Assembly in Colorado, leaving the Senate and the Gov yet before it is official. Magpul has made their stance and have stated regardless of exemption, if the bill passes, they will move.

Note that Magpul's primary sales are the civ market. They have limited gov market because of their desire to fully own their patents, or something like that.