O-gre

Ammo situation

I think in a 1-2 months ammo will be absolute dirt cheap because everyone and their mother will have 3k rounds of their favorite rounds and the ammo stores won't be able to give it away cuz everyone is stocked to the T! It will be so quiet in the ammo warehouses u could give a mouse a six pack and here a lil burp

A lot of it seems to be driven by panic buying, as indicated by this post on another thread from this board:

"I know that most people on this forum, including me, are stock piling ammo due to the shortage and the expectation of severly restrictive laws coming in the near future. I myself and buying ammo every chance I get, as long as I can find it at a reasonable price."

It's still bad out there and it's sad how some people try to take advantage of the situation even in your own forum community. But I guess if they want it that bad and didn't prepare and willing to pay for it... I guess it's what you call supply and demand...

Anyways I don't see it getting any better until after summer time and more like fall.... And that's still a long time from now...

I think we must also consider the many many many new shooters that have gotten into the hobby in the last few years, a lot of them who never owned a lot of ammo. Those of us who've seen this before kept extra ammo at hand already, a whole new bunch of people are learning this lesson.

Very true right there....but Here is what I did, if I needed a certain caliber of ammo and I didn't want to spend the crazy $$$ that they are asking for, I always traded for ammo... Post it here on the wtb section and trade away... Just don't get ripped off, I refuse to get ripped off. But atleast now I know who not to deal with next time I decide to get rid of something.

I think we must also consider the many many many new shooters that have gotten into the hobby in the last few years, a lot of them who never owned a lot of ammo. Those of us who've seen this before kept extra ammo at hand already, a whole new bunch of people are learning this lesson.

And dont forget those gearing up for the zombie hordes and the new revolution....

I was terrified to post ammo for sale on here just for the fact that I can't give it away but I felt like I was only adding to the problem if I put it on gunbroker... So I managed to help a couple guys out, made 2 really great new friends and they merely got charged a handling charge...

I didn't wanna post for fear of being black balled but didn't want to give it away, in the end everybody made out and I can still sleep at night :)

All markets eventually burst and ammo is no different I don't care what it is it is still a market and needs to pop some time!!! After that you will have total capitulation and prices fall off the charts ie: housing bubble

If and when the FED AWB gets shoved back into the drawer, you will see a sharp decrease in purchasing.. Places like NY/NJ/CA will still be buying like crazy, but a sharp decline from the other 47 once the fear of a ban gets shushed. If the fed AWB passes there is no returning to normal inventory for the next 2-3 yrs.

I think in a 1-2 months ammo will be absolute dirt cheap because everyone and their mother will have 3k rounds of their favorite rounds and the ammo stores won't be able to give it away cuz everyone is stocked to the T! It will be so quiet in the ammo warehouses u could give a mouse a six pack and here a lil burp

People were stockpiling since Obama got into office. It was just and I mean just starting to calm down when That sick SOB killed those kids. Now the gun grabbers are going wild and those clowns in NY fanned the flames. If NJ and Cali follow I dont see this calming down for years plus the added pressure of Homeland security buying like mad.

Wow, really? What have you seen that would give you this confidence?

Wow, really? What have you seen that would give you this confidence?

i think 1-2 months was a bit of an exaggeration on my part... but it is just a market and no market can maintain imbalances like this for an extended period of time...

but 1-2 months shoudla been 5-6 months... more realistic

[putting on tin foil hat]...unless the government starts kicking in doors making people surrender firearms, in which case they will continue to buy up all the ammo, making it impossible for the public to obtain. [taking off tinfoil hat]

People were stockpiling since Obama got into office. It was just and I mean just starting to calm down when That sick SOB killed those kids. Now the gun grabbers are going wild and those clowns in NY fanned the flames. If NJ and Cali follow I dont see this calming down for years plus the added pressure of Homeland security buying like mad.

like i just said to another guy deff an exaggeration on my part.... but every market needs to stabilize, if you look at rounds as say shares...

at the same time we could also test new lows, normal may be "high"

but supply always catches up with demand eventually, for instance you have a number when you will say.. hmmm i dint need any more .40

everyone has that number and eventually no one feels they need ammo.. its that sick back and breathe moment when you say "shit i have 10k rounds of .40 i dont need anymore" lol

everyone has that point, i am guilty of a little exaggeration though ;)

People were stockpiling since Obama got into office. It was just and I mean just starting to calm down when That sick SOB killed those kids. Now the gun grabbers are going wild and those clowns in NY fanned the flames. If NJ and Cali follow I dont see this calming down for years ....

I decided to purchase a gun and learn to properly handle it. I can't say it's been a life-long ambition but as our rights become regulated, over-regulated, and destroyed it became more of an ambition. Top that with Obama and the fools of NY/NJ and it became a necessity. I was determined to exercise my Constitutionally provided rights. Now I keep my eye out for ammo for the sport and for the challenge of becoming proficient. I need ammo to practice and become skilled at the sport.

Still looking for some 45ACP. My last trip to the range kind of depleted my stocks. I have the 2 box reserve but I don't want to dip into that.

Simon Peter said they had in stock but all they had was that awful blazer aluminum cased ammo.

I guess I better learn to reload.

Up until recently, I'd been laughing, since people said I was a moron for reloading .223, I was laughing when the prices skyrocketed.

I have hundreds of empty cases (can get more easily)

several thousand primers

Decent bit of powder

...and I have 75 bullets...whoops...

Not like I even shoot, who am I fooling, I don't even have a range membership XD.

i think 1-2 months was a bit of an exaggeration on my part... but it is just a market and no market can maintain imbalances like this for an extended period of time...

but 1-2 months shoudla been 5-6 months... more realistic

Back when Obama was first elected there was an ammo and powder/primer shortage just because people were afraid of what might happen. There were no bills being written. It took about 8 months or so to start getting back to normal. The current situation is way worse. 5-6 months is not happening. The Feds and states are writing bills and some are just starting to go into the voting phase. Until things are finalized, this isn't even going to begin to start getting back to normal. Try finding powder or primers on the net. Distributors have stopped taking orders and removing products from their websites.

You may be able to find things in stores, but it's very limited and even they don't know when supplies will be back.

Back when Obama was first elected there was an ammo and powder/primer shortage just because people were afraid of what might happen. There were no bills being written. It took about 8 months or so to start getting back to normal. The current situation is way worse. 5-6 months is not happening. The Feds and states are writing bills and some are just starting to go into the voting phase. Until things are finalized, this isn't even going to begin to start getting back to normal. Try finding powder or primers on the net. Distributors have stopped taking orders and removing products from their websites.

You may be able to find things in stores, but it's very limited and even they don't know when supplies will be back.

Yea the more I think about it my timeline is getting more and more stretches to reality lol,

Maybe wishful thinking on my part mixed with a dash of optimism ;)

The major factor to really find out us are people shooting more??? Or jus hoarding cuz if its just hoarding than we may get a little suprise and the demand may slow to allow production to catch up