Agent_Smith

If NJ ban on internet sales passes ...

If on passes, we have to wait and see what the final version of the law says.

If it passes have family out of state or friends? Even get a ups box out of nj... maybe right in pa... just an idea. Plus whats the worry u cant get shit right now anyway and I see atleast 7 months before we see this die. By then any laws maybe in tact. If ur really worried find someone who visits the state regularly and have them buy it for you

Make friends out of state.

I sincerely hope this stupidity does not pass as it severely restricts and infringes on inter-state commerce.

In any case, I would run across the boarder anywhere and buy ammo like a normal human being.

I sincerely hope this stupidity does not pass as it severely restricts and infringes on inter-state commerce.

In any case, I would run across the boarder anywhere and buy ammo like a normal human being.

+1

I will be screwed if this passes! All the local dealers are freaking expensive and limit the ammo to around 3 packs that like an hour at the range if that! Is it legal to buy out of state and transport it in? Also does anyone know where to send a letter to oppose this? I already sent one to the governor but just got a generic letter back. There is so much legislation going on its hard to keep track. Now they want to ban conceal carry on a federal level. When will this stop!

I will be screwed if this passes! All the local dealers are freaking expensive and limit the ammo to around 3 packs that like an hour at the range if that! Is it legal to buy out of state and transport it in? Also does anyone know where to send a letter to oppose this? I already sent one to the governor but just got a generic letter back. There is so much legislation going on its hard to keep track. Now they want to ban conceal carry on a federal level. When will this stop!

Take a breath. =)

1. Even if this passes, there are plenty of ways to deal with it. I doubt this will stand as it will not stand up in court. You can buy ammo out of state, much like now.

2. Make friends with a local ffl/vendor. There will be plenty of people competing for business if this stupidity does pass.

3. National CCW ban will not occur, the vast majority of the country is against gun laws. Only the liberal centers, north east, and west support this. (include Chicago, but.... that hell hole will implode soon anyway, it is not real america.)

Breathe. Prices will come down as soon as this all quiets down... which it will. Otherwise... buy a press and stock up on reloading supplies.

Keep in mind from 1968 to 1986 there were no mail order ammo sales to individuals. You had to go through FFLs. Fortunately, we had places like Navy Arms in NJ then where you could buy bulk ammo at reasonable prices. Dealers had various policies from ordering it for you no charge to charging a percentage with a minimum and maximum.

In any case, I would run across the border anywhere and buy ammo like a normal human being.

You have a friend in Charlotte, NC (or will have soon). I think I will start ''Colonel Mortimer's Micro Storage" for all your 10-round plus magazine storage needs. I will lease you a storage bin in my garage until you join me in NC.

You have a friend in Charlotte, NC (or will have soon). I think I will start ''Colonel Mortimer's Micro Storage" for all your 10-round plus magazine storage needs. I will lease you a storage bin in my garage until you join me in NC.

Dude... you moved! So who is going to run the intro USPSA classes?

It's ok... the way things are going you will have a friend in FL. =P

If they can tax it.... they want it. Part of the issue with online ammo, NJ never sees a dime of the tax revenue from sales taxes.

Nor will they when I drive out if state to purchase. Unless they amend the law to count that as "gun trafficking".

I reckon most will not go out of state to buy.

I do wonder how they will inforce it.... they would have to really contact EVERY vendor out there and tell them this... otherwise, it is the same issue as anything else.

Does NY have this now too?

This bill is the epitome of stupidity.

I think it will be time to start doing group buys of ammo by the pallet through ffl's

You won't even need to organize a group buy. The only reason you don't see bulk deals now is the ffls can't make it worth while to attract customers. They have done it before during shortages because getting it moved out the door was fast and easy.

... what alternatives will we have for buying bulk ammo? Do stores in NJ ever sell bulk pistol ammo? Will the law affect reloading components or just complete cartridges?

Thanks

- AS

These kinds of disparities are how black markets are created.