AmericanMade

Governor Christie on 101.5 tomorrow night

He will. He will say that he will duly consider any bills that pass both the Assembly and the Senate and end up on his desk-- after he receives the report of his NJ Safe Task Force.

Expect digs at Cryan and the Assembly for rushing through 22 bills with no consideration as to the their basis other than purported "common sense", several of which represent useless "feel good" legislation, some of which are already covered by other state and federal laws, one which will bog down the FPID system that is already overwhelmed and do it at a huge cost and at least one of which appears to be clearly unconstitutional.

I'm a bit doubtful that he'll speak anything about guns period. Tomorrow, if I recall correctly, is a budget meeting, so I'd expect he'd try to push the questions in that direction, while injecting a little bit of "look how awesome I did during Sandy!" here or there, failing to answer anything that we'd be interested in.

I expect him to remain mainly quiet until March, when the SAFE task force is supposed to report back to him.

I'm curious to see how many callers get through on the gun control issue. NJ1015 has clamped down on the pro-gun rhetoric as far as I can tell. Even Dennis in the afternoon has dialed it back. I've written several times, called, etc and never got on. They didn't really discuss any of the hoopla building up to the rally and the assembly vote. They only reported afterwards and the reporting wasn't very flattering. The morning guy did have NJ2AS on which was nice but overall I think their coverage has been pretty weak.

What I would like to hear someone explain on the radio for all to hear, including Christie, is that this country isn't "majority rules". It's a Constitutional Republic and the Bill of Rights is there to protect individuals from the majority. I think a majority of this country doesn't understand that principle.

I'm curious to see how many callers get through on the gun control issue. NJ1015 has clamped down on the pro-gun rhetoric as far as I can tell.

The morning guy talked this morning for about an hour about the new gun bills being pushed through. He was sympathetic to the cause and mentioned several times how pointless in preventing gun crimes the new bill are. All this in spite of the few callers channeling Alex Jones that chimed in.

It got the point that Jim had to point out that framing the 2nd amendment as a means for the populace to overthrow the government is a losing argument with the general public. He went further and said if Paul Revere were to ride his horse today announcing that the gun grabbers are coming he would be shot off his horse by some angry person trying to watch American idol. Sadly I think he's right on both points.

If the governor takes calls about the gun bills, you'all make sure you call. Start by cracking a few fat jokes. I"m sure he'll like that. Proceed to drop a few Elmer Fudd references, read the latest Alex Jones type conspiracy lunacy, make veiled references about the shooting starting soon and, of course, sprinkle an appropriate amount of malon lobe throughout.

:facepalm:

5 WAYS TO ASK THE GOVERNOR YOUR QUESTION

Call 800-283-1015

Join our live interactive blog below

Text your question by texting “GOV” to 89000. You will receive a bounce back message asking for your question.

Twitter: #AskGov

You can SUBMIT your question for Governor Christie in advance via email.

http://nj1015.com/ask-the-governor/

The morning guy talked this morning for about an hour  about the new gun bills being  pushed through. He was sympathetic to the cause and mentioned several times how pointless in preventing gun crimes the new bill are. All this in spite of the few callers channeling Alex Jones that chimed in.

It got the point that Jim had to point out that framing the 2nd amendment as a means for the populace to overthrow the government is a losing argument with the general public. He went further and said if Paul Revere were to ride his horse today announcing that the gun grabbers are coming he would be shot off his horse by some angry person trying to watch American idol. Sadly I think he's right on both points.

Jim is as anti as you can get without spending all of your years living in jersey and while still believing that maybe someone, somewhere, should be allowed to own a gun, for hunting. In other words, he is a FUDD on steroids. Completely anti-carry as well, believes there would be blood in the streets. I would think he is smart enough to know that doesn't seem to be the case in 45 states, so I guess I'll blame the water again. Something about the East side of the Delaware and the Kirkwood-Cohansey. Too much arsenic marl and dinosaur bones.It is interesting to see he can hate on us and still understand that more firearms restrictions probably won't do much to protect other people that hate guns.

They will screen all calls for "approved content".

THIS.

I've tried calling into a few of these ask-the-governor sessions and every time I told the screener that I am pro gun and want to simply ask why we can't be more like PA with gun laws when statistics are in the pro-2A favor. Never made it through, was just on hold.

I'm sure there's a little troll with a finger on a big red button waiting for key words or terms like "2A" or "gun control". Pre-planned for Christie to go "Hello?.....hello? Looks like we got disconnected." All while winking at the troll.

Say you want to know why nothing has been done since the Sandy shooting.  That way they think you are giving him an opportunity to brag about being a "moderate" and his wonderful gun commission.

Then, when they put you on the air with him, shove a RKBA Parm Sandwich in his face.  With gabagool.

But said its laughable how assembly passes things so quickly when it meets their political needs..

He's not lying.

I'm actually kind of happy with the way he answered that. Said just enough that you know his stance on it, while also taking a little dig as the assembly.

He's not lying.

I'm actually kind of happy with the way he answered that. Said just enough that you know his stance on it, while also taking a little dig as the assembly.

We know his stance? I for one think his handling of this is a joke. I will not be voting for him next time he runs. The question is, do I vote for the person running against him out of spite?

Depending who the alternate choice would be, you'd be not only spiting yourself, but all of us as well.

We know his stance? I for one think his handling of this is a joke. I will not be voting for him next time he runs. The question is, do I vote for the person running against him out of spite?

He may veto them just to piss the senate off (hopefully)

Yea, I said that last week when he threw a dig at the assembly. I think it was in a Sea Bright press conference.. he said something like... its amazing how fast they can do something when they want to... something along those lines. I honestly think he is going to veto the big ones just to make them all look like a bunch of fools. That's exactly how he likes to roll !

Based on his previous comments.. I don't think he will let anything pass that bans or prohibits any items but he will pass the mental health and nonsense like that.

Molon Labe

I feel your pain. But by staying home you have just voted (most times anyway) for the worse of the two evils. Unfortunately it seems that the most evil is the one that gets the most votes when any of us stay home, look at this last Presidential election something like less than 35% voter turnout.

And like I always tell my adult kids.. "If you don't vote, you got no right to complain about anything the winner does"... But I do think if we put all our effort into the Governor it might pay off better than the Senate, I think them and the Assembly are a loosing battle right now. Just my 2 cents.

I'm sorry, but i think that could be the dumbest thing i've heard in a while. Would you have rathered Corzine? What do you think our chances would have been of getting these bills vetoed if he were in office? C'mon... Think a little! Christie is as good as its going to get in Jersey for now. Hopefully we can get a real conservative in the future.. but for now, Christie will do.

It's fine. I get not voting for him is voting for someone worse. But I decided, after this last election, to not vote for someone I don't support. Or more importantly, someone that doesn't support me. May change my mind if he takes a firm stance on this but doubtful. If it means someone worse gets in there I'm ok with that I guess. Not like I have many options.

Let me clarify. I don't mean id vote for someone that I disagree with 100% that is vocally anti American just because Christie is 100% anti gun but keeps it quiet. I just mean if there is a candidate I do support, I'm voting for him.

For example A lot of people voted for Romney because they thought a vote for Ron Paul was a vote for Obama. I'm just saying this time I'm voting Ron Paul. However, a strong pro 2a democrat would be a possibility (do they exist?)