Sign in to follow this  
1LtCAP

probably a stupid question.....

ok......i didn't search this, partly 'cause i'm at work..........

first off, i'm going to look into south Some other site down on piney hollow rd because it's pretty close to me, and has 300 yard rifle lanes, which i could shoot a garand in.

my question........if i were to bring a friend shooting witn me from pa.....and he brought a non jersey compliant gun with him, can we legally shoot it at a new jersey range? or if i want to shoot it, should i just play safe, and go to his range in pa?

thanks guys

I live in PA and shoot in NJ.. everything I bring to NJ is NJ compliant.. I pin the stocks.. leave the fun mags at home.. weld and pin on Comp/Brakes, etc..

I had a range guy whom thought my 10 round VEPR 54R mags was more than 15 rounds.. I explained currently there is no mag for the VEPR 54R that holds 15 or more.. and then showed him the factory 5 next to it.. he then understood what I was saying..

Certain ranges will be nice and tell you to just 'stow' it.. problem would be if you get an LEO in a bad mood shooting next to you.. or you get stopped from A-B..

I've seen out of state military (stationed in NJ) thinking folding bayonets on the SKS's were OK at the range.. I casually mention the possible issues and some of the NJ laws..

I've seen out of state military (stationed in NJ) thinking folding bayonets on the SKS's were OK at the range.. I casually mention the possible issues and some of the NJ laws..

Bayonets on SKSs are not an issue as long as the rifle has a fixed magazine. SKSs with detachable mags are banned in NJ.

Doesn't matter, the detachable mag is the qualifier to make it an AW, without it anything goes (folding stocks, flash suppressor, bayonet, pistol grip).

This is correct. You can have what you want on a fixed magazine SKS as long as you are 922r compliant (922r is Federal law).