MosinRob

Hog/ram hunt. *pic heavy

I don't know what kind of hogs these were, but feral hogs (all over the southern half of the country, and getting closer), are mean dangerous animals and relatively hard to hunt!

I know the difference between a bore and a Hog. :)

Morhs raises farm pig's(Hogs) Off prem and then they release them onto the preserve a few day's

before the hunt. Some guys have told me they felt bad shooting them or could not because they just stand there

and stare at you while they eat and wait to be shot in the face. I love pork dont get me wrong but it's not very sporting.

You can hunt Russian Bore in PA on other game preserves but it will cost you anywhere from $600-$1200.00 depending on

the size and if it's a full Russian or interbread.

I know the difference between a bore and a Hog. :)

Morhs raises farm pig's(Hogs) Off prem and then they release them onto the preserve a few day's

before the hunt. Some guys have told me they felt bad shooting them or could not because they just stand there

and stare at you while they eat and wait to be shot in the face. I love pork dont get me wrong but it's not very sporting.

You can hunt Russian Bore in PA on other game preserves but it will cost you anywhere from $600-$1200.00 depending on

the size and if it's a full Russian or interbread.

That statement is not entirely true. No one said these were Ferrell either. The fact is it comes down to the shooter. Some people don't have the heart to kill a animal simply to eat it. It doesn't have to have this big wild goose chase like a person such as yourself dreams of. It's a chance to take a kid, parent or just some buddies on a cheap hunt that's close to home. Further more we went over this on a previous post man. We've all heard your opinion more than once. If you interested and want to come, great I'd love to meet you and have a good time. If not, please just move on man.

That statement is not entirely true. No one said these were Ferrell either. The fact is it comes down to the shooter. Some people don't have the heart to kill a animal simply to eat it. It doesn't have to have this big wild goose chase like a person such as yourself dreams of. It's a chance to take a kid, parent or just some buddies on a cheap hunt that's close to home. Further more we went over this on a previous post man. We've all heard your opinion more than once. If you interested and want to come, great I'd love to meet you and have a good time. If not, please just move on man.

Soory brother my intention was not to piss on your parade I apologize if it came off that way.

I'm not pissed man. I just HATE having the same conversation with people about how im not a sporting hunter cause I kill a hog myself instead of buying it from a supermarket at triple the price. Don't take it personal friend, it just seemed thats where you were heading. But like I said, If you want to come get a ram which can very challenging. Please pm me, love to have you.

I am really interested. This would be a great way for my 14yr son to get his feet wet. He turns 15 in November this might be a nice thing to do with him. Thanks for posting this.

I am really interested. This would be a great way for my 14yr son to get his feet wet. He turns 15 in November this might be a nice thing to do with him. Thanks for posting this.

still have room bud

This sounds incredible.

MosinRob, PM is incoming.

pm returned Dan

I appreciate the offer. When are you heading there again? I've got some pretty heavy car repairs looming on the horizon which will take some time and money to deal with. Thankfully I'm a gear head so doing a clutch on one car one weekend and hub / bearings / ball joints on another weekend is par for the course.

Just picked up mine yesterday.. I used a butcher local to the hunt and it was worth the trip back up..

131835_10200784444077590_828296757_o.jpg

There's probably 125-130lbs of meat on this table. almost 50lbs of sausage, 16 lbs of bacon, 4 hams, 1 whole shoulder for smoking (bottom right), some huge ham slices, racks of ribs (far left) and a metric shit ton of pork chops (bottom center, 1" think, 2 per pack 46 Chops!)...

I wonder if they have any spots open in the next few weeks. It says on their website the season ends in early May. Hopefully I can get there and kill a hog before I have a baby and can't afford it anymore. If they have spots available, anyone wanna go in the next cpl of weeks?

I wonder if they have any spots open in the next few weeks. It says on their website the season ends in early May. Hopefully I can get there and kill a hog before I have a baby and can't afford it anymore. If they have spots available, anyone wanna go in the next cpl of weeks?

I just got back from Mohr's Island yesterday! Great Hunt, did mine with a .44 Cap and Ball revolver loaded with Lee 225 grain Conicals. One shot in the Boiler Room and it fell-over sideways! Call Mary Ann Mohr and get on the list to be grouped with other hunting parties. We had 8 folks altogether, and only four of us were originally scheduled several weeks ago, so they can "work you in".

Dave