Ginerik1

New Video Destroys Myth About Large Capacity Magazines

And they're not always firing the stated magazine capacity. Just noticed on Christy firing the AR with 2 10 rounders, she fires 9 rounds the first mag and 11 rounds after changing.

Purposely so they dn't have to cycle the weapon before firing wth the new mag. Fastetest way to reload. As long as they do it consistently can compare times.

I think the comparison was worthless. They shoot faster when reloading the smaller mags.

I agree. I would rather see something with the blue glocks where they simulate a live active shooter situation and actually have someone try and attack the shooter during a reload. The pressure in a real situation would make it tougher to do the reload quickly. Also picking up magazines off of a barrel isn't relaistic either. They should have done it with magazines in pouches instead.

Problem with all of this is depending on the shooter and the circumsances there will be cases that support either side i.e. Lubby's Cafe where the shooter changed magazines with impunity and Tuscon where they were able to tackle him.

Need to go with common use strategy in my opinion or we'll never get anywhere...

The point is a million and one variables make the entire mag limitation debate simply silly. What about the fact that almost all of these lunatics were carrying multiple weapons? In terms of NJ how did 1/3rd become reasonable? Where does it end? Is 2 round mags any less dangerous if the skill level is at all above average?

The point is a million and one variables make the entire mag limitation debate simply silly. What about the fact that almost all of these lunatics were carrying multiple weapons? In terms of NJ how did 1/3rd become reasonable? Where does it end? Is 2 round mags any less dangerous if the skill level is at all above average?

Exactly right.

This thread brought to mind a question I have been pondering for a while and rather than start a new thread, I will ask it here.

I have been instructed on magazine changes to chamber the first round by racking the slide on my Glock. I find it much quicker and convenient to use the slide release. What are the pro's and con's of this?

This thread brought to mind a question I have been pondering for a while and rather than start a new thread, I will ask it here.

I have been instructed on magazine changes to chamber the first round by racking the slide on my Glock. I find it much quicker and convenient to use the slide release. What are the pro's and con's of this?

I'd rather go with the overhand slingshot method. Idea is, when you are in a high stress situation, it'll be easier to grip the slide with your full hand (overhand grip), and slingshot the slide. Trying to hit a small slide release in a high stress situation will be more difficult.

I'd rather go with the overhand slingshot method. Idea is, when you are in a high stress situation, it'll be easier to grip the slide with your full hand (overhand grip), and slingshot the slide. Trying to hit a small slide release in a high stress situation will be more difficult.

This^^^^ plus if you have to use an unfamiliar weapon the slide stops arent all in the same place, the slides are though.

I have a mag question and didn't want to waste bandwidth by creating a thread. If the magazine bill passes, how are they going to enforce it? How would they know if we just keep our 15 rd mags at home and never bring them out thus eliminating the possibility of getting caught with one. They are not going to do home inspections, which just the thought of is ludacrous. So how they heck would they ever know if we had mags over 10 rds?

I have a mag question and didn't want to waste bandwidth by creating a thread. If the magazine bill passes, how are they going to enforce it? How would they know if we just keep our 15 rd mags at home and never bring them out thus eliminating the possibility of getting caught with one. They are not going to do home inspections, which just the thought of is ludacrous. So how they heck would they ever know if we had mags over 10 rds?

The same way those that did this with the assault rifle ban. They get picked off one at a time over time for one reason or another. Fire, vindictive ex wife, emergency, etc etc. Consider that there is jail time and forfiture involved. Thats a stout risk in my view. So its not as simple as dont ask, dont tell!

Here is the fundamental problem everyone seems to be missing with arbitrary magazine limits. An active shooter attacking unarmed people can reload as many times as he needs and still be effective. A reload compounded with the high stress of a defensive situation puts the law-abiding citizen with the low capacity magazine trying to defend themselves at a greater disadvantage than the criminal who is attacking unarmed victims.

This video makes no sense, sorry

Ray, the point is, the results are all within mere seconds of one another, therefore any sort of arbitrary magazine limit would do no good whatsoever. It stops the anti's argument that LCMs are part of the problem... because in this video it is shown mag capacity makes very little if any difference. The antis either have to accept facts, OR call for a ban on everything that takes a removable magazine.

But of course, we're talking common sense here, something the antis don't possess much of.