Ddc2003

Opinion- Would you like to see a Gun Store and Range in Old Bridge?

Hello everyone!

I haven't posted yet, I'm usually more of a reader.

I have been milling around with the idea of opening of a gun store with a public range in Old Bridge. I figured you all are the best people to ask a simple question: Do you want one?

My idea is a store that sells Guns, Paintball equipment, and Air-soft equipment. I would have an attached public shooting range. I was thinking of adding a small classroom for teaching classes. I would obviously sell Ammo and accessories. I would like to sell competition equipment, targets, etc.

I want to stay away from camping, hunting, and fishing equipment.

I would really like your feedback. Do you like the idea? Would you shoot there? Why or why not? What size range would you like to see? Should I stick to guns only, or is the idea is a multipurpose store a plus? Should I offer a certain service?

Any and all feedback, negative or positive, is appreciated.

With the amount of firearms sold in the past few years and new gun owners crowding into what few and largely overburdened but profitable public ranges there are....I believe your question to be moot.

The question instead should be, do I have the Patiences,finances and wherewithal to proceed with such a venture?

Rather like the field of dreams......build it and they will come.

With the amount of firearms sold in the past few years and new gun owners crowding into what few and largely overburdened but profitable public ranges there are....I believe your question to be moot.

The question instead should be, do I have the patients,finances and wherewithal to proceed with such a venture?

Rather like the field of dreams......build it and they will come.

Central/ Northern Jersey needs a long range. 600 yard. Yes build it and they will come. Build a 600 yarder and you'll be running prolly max capacity all day every day. I tinky so... of course the land is required to do this but I know old bridge and englishtown have some space.

Molon Labe

More like 5 million with a buffer zone, legal work & permits, bond for lead remediation, test well monitoring, indoor range, HVAC, and all of the inventory....

And we're STILL waiting for the EB Range on Harts Lane to go "public" (not in my lifetime?).......

But at $30+ per hour some here will pitch a Beotch about how expensive it is...and so the circle of life continues!

I would consider moving the location, but If I went to an abandoned factory or strip mall, I wouldn't be able to make the floor plans the way I want it. And I would need to take extra steps making the place bulletproof.

I think it would be better to start a place from the ground up.

I am not the person who posted here before looking for investors, I am actually newish to the hobby and have been thinking of this for the past few months.

I'm in the process of putting a business plan together. I know a few people who would be likely investors if I had a solid plan.

If anyone has any references to wholesalers or projected costs, I would appreciate it. It's hard trying to find things between working 2 jobs!

I don't particularly like the idea of selling paintball and airsoft stuff in the same place as real firearms. I'm sure there's some crossover interest there, but if I was going to open a gun shop, I'd want to steer clear of toys that are designed and intended to be shot at other people being on the same shelves as actual firearms.

As for another public range, you can't go wrong there.

The Harts Lane in East Brunswick reference is actually the EB Police Training facility. Some town council members were in favor of public accessibility to the EB Range.Unfortunately there has not been enough public support for this to become a reality at the present time. I certainly hope anyone waiting for it to open in ones lifetime would have enough sense to let it go.

The Harts Lane in East Brunswick reference is actually the EB Police Training facility. Some town council members were in favor of public accessibility to the EB Range.Unfortunately there has not been enough public support for this to become a reality at the present time. I certainly hope anyone waiting for it to open in ones lifetime would have enough sense to let it go.

LMAO, Like I said you'd be shocked what can happen in a someone's lifetime.

ESPECIALLY on (Broken) Hart's Lane.

We need a giant range in the meadowlands! Come further up! :fan:

There was talks a few months ago about a range opening up in Kearney. I haven't heard any news recently though.

There was talks a few months ago about a range opening up in Kearney. I haven't heard any news recently though.

Also variances approved for an indoor shooting facility in Monroe the middle of last year but no further word on any progress since.