Pizza Bob

A Little Game - Name That Gun

OK, I bought a new handgun yesterday. It caught me flat-footed with no permits, so it'll be a while until I actually take physical possession - so no pictures at this time.

Those that know me, or have read some of my previous posts know that I have a penchant for purchasing guns that are slightly different - not so "run-of-the-mill", such is the case this time.

Only clue I'll give is that it is IDPA legal - but I won't say in what division - so right away you know it's not something like a Desert Eagle (won't fit in the box). I'll update this post with the names of the first people to guess the three pieces of information I'm asking for below. Sorry, no prizes, just the satisfaction of knowing you got it right. For those few of you to whom I have already disclosed this, you are excluded from the game.

Here you go (it gets harder as you go down the list):

Manufacturer: Smith & Wesson - PK90

Caliber: .38 S&W Special - Smokin' 50

Model: Model 586 (a 586-4 to be precise) - Nobody got it. See post #64 for the explanation

Have at it.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

s&w governor

You obviously have never read my previous posts. A Governor would be the LAST S&W I'd buy. Nothing against those that have them, just not my taste.

.41 Mag

Model 57

Not a bad guess, but not right, either.

S&W 520, 7 rounds of rare goodness! Only 3000 made.

This was a better guess before you edited your response. The original 520 is better suited for IDPA than the late 520 you describe - but both would be wrong.

.327 federal magnum?

Bullet diameter precludes this caliber's use in IDPA - but it is somewhat out of the ordinary

Manufacturer: S&W

Model: 52

Caliber: 38 wadcutter

I wondered if someone would bring this up. The 52 is a neat gun - but again, not really suitable for IDPA by virtue of its 5-round mags (perfect for NYS though). One note: .38 wadcutter is what it is made to shoot, but that really isn't a caliber designation - try again.

Some good guesses. I included the part about suitable for IDPA, not to test your knowledge about the sport, but to help eliminate a lot of the guesses that have been made.

Good show. Keep trying.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

S&W Model.... 67, 64, 15, 14, or 10?

None of the above.

Also, I am not playing semantic games with you. When I indicated that the caliber is .38 S&W Special - that is what the gun is actually chambered for - it is not a .357 mag that also shoots .38 Spl. It is .38 Spl exclusively.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Ah, its gotta be the model 52, right? Cool gun!

Smith & Wesson Model 64

Those have both already been mentioned and eliminated from consideration. Sorry. I told you it gets tougher.