tm12

Pistol permits expiring soon, which first gun to get?

I am a new to handguns and wanted to purchase a Glock 19 Gen 4, however after Newtown I can't find any in stock. I qualify for the Glock LEO Discount but at this point it seems I'd be lucky to find any G19 Gen 4 at any reasonable price. I wanted the G19 Gen 4 because I have small hands, and the smaller frame, and smaller backstrap gave me a good fit and I was able to reach the magazine release without changing my grip. I also wish to use this pistol at some point for concealed carry. That said, I was also looking into a 1911 either this Tisas 1911Aa1 http://www.budsgunsh...ts_id/411552921 or a similiar Auto Ordinance model http://www.budsgunsh...oducts_id/16100 and buy slim grips. My pistol permits expire in 45 days. My dilemma is should I wait to see if a G19 will be come avalable in the next month, (or next 3 months if I can get the 1 time renewal), or just go ahead and buy a 1911 now. I've also rented a Sig 229 9mm, but I was unable to depress the magazine release without adjusting my grip. Any suggestions?

Buy used in good condition something popular, that way if you decide you don't want it, then you can sell and recoup your money. Also, you should have applied for your next set of permits by now.

don't mean to threadjack, but will RTSP or Otto's let you handle handguns without a P2P? I'm interested in feeling the Glock 32, FNX, and XD..

I just bought a FNX-9. Comes with two different size backstraps with two different textures. I have small hands and with the larger backstrap, it fits me like a glove. Can put it into DA/SA or SA only. Even have the option of DA/SA with a Safety.

don't mean to threadjack, but will RTSP or Otto's let you handle handguns without a P2P? I'm interested in feeling the Glock 32, FNX, and XD..

If by "handle" you mean simply hold the unloaded gun in your hand as part of the sales process, yes. Depending on the model you may also be able to rent one and try it out in the range. I have also noticed the supply of used handguns seems okay as people seem to have traded them for ARs. I wouldn't have guessed that in advance but it seems to be happening. With the additional difficulty of selling them quickly due to the permit process, you may run across something you like in a used handgun.

For the OP concerned about the mag release on a Glock, there is an extended mag release that will probably solve your problem, though getting the part for a Gen 4 model in the current market may take awhile. The Gen 4 mag release is different than the Gen 1-3 part so be careful not to buy the wrong part.

I think I saw you at Otto's yesterday. I suggest you look at the Baby Eagle II they had there in .45. It's a 3.9" barrel and the grip is quite comfortable. Price was reasonable and the gun has some weight to it so there won't be a lot of kick either. I plan on getting a BE/Jericho myself I just can't decide between the .45 or the 9mm.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By medic2264
      NOW SELLING PARTS
      THIS PISTOL WAS NOT BUILT UP BY ATEI GUNS-  I used their parts specs to put this pistol together
      Parts breakdown:
           Overwatch precision TAC blue line trigger $100
           Ghost 3.5 trigger bar $15
           KKM Precision Glock 19 Match 9MM Barrel with 9/16×32 Thread 4-Port Compensator (Gen 1-4) $250
           Agency Arms Magwell $80

GLOCK 19 PISTOL
          L&M Precision (Mark Housel) slide milling / serrations / cerakote, with Ameriglo Supressor height sights $450
           Trijicon RMR06  $400
           IF YOU BUY PISTOL AND OPTIC TOGETHER $750
          I DO NOT have 10 round magazines for this pistol
      Pistol was used for one competition, one RMR class and a few range sessions.  Approximately 1000 rounds through pistol
      Buyer is responsible for transfer fees
      I am in Monmouth County
      The first "I'll take it" gets it
      FOR SALE GEN 4 GLOCK 19

• By lostcyborg
      Both of these handguns have literally zero rounds through them. I wish i was lying, these were both random purchases in the past not thinking of use or need. Both come in their respected boxes with everything that came with them. The Canik does come with a tlr-3 just because it fits well and i have a tlr-1 hl on my glock and my walther pdp pro. 
      First pistol is a Armscor M1911 A2 45 ACP. Comes with one magazine.(10rd) $380.00
      Second is a Canik TP9SF Elite 9mm Comes with Two Magazines(10rd) $370.00
      Cash/Paypal Sorry no trades. All transfers made via NJ FFL. All local laws apply. Buyer pays transfer fees at FFL. My FFL Is Louie GS In Secaucus(I live in bergen co)
      Prices are final and non negotiable. 
      First Come first serve(I’ll take it) will update as needed. 

• By CNJ
      Hello,
      I am new here and looking to sell my two hand guns (I have another post for a Browning 22 1911 what will have a description very similar to this post).

This post is for a Glock G19 GEN5 with night sights that I purchased new from Firearms Support and Storage June of 2019. I have used it a total of two times at RTSP in Union NJ and in it's lifetime it has shot only 172 rounds down range.
      It comes with 3 10 round magazines as well as the grips/lock as shown in the photos. I have not used it since prior to covid, so I will give it the best cleaning I can before the sale.
      The price is $325 plus FFL transfer fees.
      If you have questions or if I can share any other photos, please let me know.

Thank you! 

The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale

• By CNJ
      Hello,
      I am new here and looking to sell my two hand guns (I have another post for a Glock G19 GEN5 that will have a description very similar to this post).

This post is for a Browning 22 1911 Black Label with fiber optic sights that I purchased new from Firearms Support and Storage June of 2019. I have used it a total of two times at RTSP in Union NJ and in it's lifetime it has shot only 390 rounds down range.
      It comes with 2 10 round clips magazines - I have not used it since prior to covid, so I will give it the best cleaning I can before the sale.

The price is $400 plus FFL transfer fees.
      If you have questions or if I can share any other photos, please let me know.
      The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale
      Thank you! 

• By Evan Long
      Hey all. New member, long time shooter. Just got my NJ credentials. Looking to purchase my 'first' handgun. I have experience w Glock. 17/19/43/43x. Need to find an outlet to purchase a new/used Glock. 
      Please advise!