iRescue

Which standard cap 45ACP to get?

So I have 2 permits coming my way.

I currently own a G19.

Looking to get something in 45ACP. I'd prefer to get something that can accept mags with a bit higher round count, in the unfortunate event that these idiots pass anything.

I do like Glock, but I am open to anything. I know 1911s are the defacto choice for 45acp, but I'd like something with at least 10 +1.

Looking to spend around 1k or less.

Any help would be awesome.

Do you really need more than 8 with a .45 cal? Just how big a hole do you need to put in that bad guy ? :D

I've got a Glock G22 which holds 15+1, but am in the process of getting a really nice Kimber 1911 and I think the 8+1 will be more than fine.

Keep in mind that double stacking a 45's gonna make that grip much bigger. Good to goto a shop and actually feel one out. If you got big hands, disregard what I said. Not a high-cap choice, but I'd get a 1911. You know eventually you'll get one. The G19's already your high-cap option for the moment.

So I have 2 permits coming my way.

I currently own a G19.

Looking to get something in 45ACP. I'd prefer to get something that can accept mags with a bit higher round count, in the unfortunate event that these idiots pass anything.

I do like Glock, but I am open to anything. I know 1911s are the defacto choice for 45acp, but I'd like something with at least 10 +1.

Looking to spend around 1k or less.

Any help would be awesome.

The 1911 issue is easy to solve...Get the 1911 of your choice..Get Tripp 10 round 1911 mags (I have full size 1911; check to see what is available for other size 1911s)...The Tripp mags are the best of the best even better then Wilson mags which are also great.

Beretta PX4... standard magazine capacity is nine rounds, but they ship with one nine and one ten rounder. Very comfortable grip for a .45...

What do you think of the 4" barrel accuracy? I have one in 45 and it is an very nice gun...But not as accurate as my 5" 1911s...And I am saying tightness of groups.

Do you really need more than 8 with a .45 cal? Just how big a hole do you need to put in that bad guy ? :D

I've got a Glock G22 which holds 15+1, but am in the process of getting a really nice Kimber 1911 and I think the 8+1 will be more than fine.

Sometimes bad guys travel in packs like wolves. Glock 21, 13+1 can handle a pack of bad guys. Easy to clean and maintain, reliable.

Sometimes bad guys travel in packs like wolves. Glock 21, 13+1 can handle a pack of bad guys. Easy to clean and maintain, reliable.

Fair enough, but my Siberian Husky pack should probably be able to hold them off for the fraction of a second it takes to pop in another magazine :D

Oops wrong post.

Edited by NJJim

What do you think of the 4" barrel accuracy? I have one in 45 and it is an very nice gun...But not as accurate as my 5" 1911s...And I am saying tightness of groups.

If I do my part, it is very good.

I really don't keep major track of groups, but if I have to give a guess, I can easily do under 2" groups at 15 yards. I did pretty good in a fun shoot at SS a few years back. At that time, I had 200 rounds through the gun... but just got it back the same day from CCR (plated the metal, but I also had night sights added). I was actually shocked, being I didn't shoot the gun too much (was at CCR for two months), and I wasn't sure on the sights.

My 9mm, which I shoot more, is ok with the 4" barrel. I have a 4.5" stainless barrel, which I do notice a little better accuracy... but it is a match barrel.

CZ 97! 10+1 capacity double stacked magazine so the grip has a little meat to it. Definitely spend some time looking. I love this pistol and have no complaints. My buddy has tried it out as well and the first time he was so so about it and now he is giving some serious thought to getting one. Try and shoot a few different models if you can.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

So I think I'm going to look at these guns in no particular order :

G21

Sig 227

M&P45

1911 w/ 10 rnd mags

Those seem to be among the "available" firearms right now.

I'd love to check out the HK45, but that o ring has me sketched out... Anyone have any experience with it? What happens if you lose it?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2