Sign in to follow this  
Drnflood

Finally applied for a FID

Good luck, I don't know the process for Howell. Now what kind of scatter gun are you thinking about!

The guns in order of interest atm...

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/detail.asp?family=021C&mid=512257 - Winchester SXP field/camp combo, also like the defender.

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli-nova-pump-tactical.php - Benelli Nova

http://www.weatherby.com/product/shotguns/pump_tr/pa08_tr - Weatherby PA-08 TR

I like the combo, as I want to learn to hunt. Barrels on the other 2 guns shown can be switched out from what I have read.

I haven't ruled out any gun yet honestly. I want to go check out as much as possible. Whatever feels best and shoulders nicely I suppose.

Getting prints done on the 8th. Does anyone know if Howell waits to send out the reference letters until fingerprinting is done? Itching to get this all taken care of so I can go looking for my first shotgun.

in pretty sure they do wait.. my prints were done 1/22 and the reference letters were not sent out until 2/6... they had the prints back by then..

no worries, Howell is pretty good compared to others (especially jackson).. initial FID and 2 permits in 6 weeks.. what will take the longest is the mental health check which is done by monmouth county

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By milkstatus
      Price drop- Up for sale is a never fired BNIB STD MFG DP-12. Of course, all original accessories, packing etc. included. Located in Middlesex area . Buyer to have FID, matching DL and fill out COE. $1000 First I'll take it wins. Thanks!

• By a2uc
      Want to sell my Remington 870 tactical. It is in good condition. Has some slight rust on the upper part of the receiver. 
      It is a 12 gauge pump action shotgun. I can include 8 boxes of Winchester 8shot ammo as well. 

I'm in union county and will travel to FFL within reasonable distance. 
      Asking $300 with ammo.

• By dman2112
      Hello all,
      Some opinions please.  I am a long time NJ resident and also a resident in SC.  I spend 8 months out of the year in NJ out of necessity.  When I leave NJ I carry everywhere as I have multiple CWP's.  I have purchased many pistols legally in NJ over the years.
      I was thinking about getting some new permits to pee...(my term for the Pistol Permit) but with all the BS that had been going on I was thinking about refraining.
      I also have completed all the NJ CWP permit applications, but I am not sure I am actually going to apply.  I don't need to put up with the NJ BS.  To me it's insulting.  Plus with all the restrictions coming and being tied up in the courts for probably years, it may be just a futile exercise.   I would rather just leave when my house is build in SC and buy it there.  Once I switch my license to SC, its cash and carry for me.
      I have the old, non-expiring FID.  What I do not want to happen is if I go apply for new permits to pee, that my FID gets converted to an expiring one and then I have to pay a renewal fee.   
      I did read the new regs and it looks like they are grandfathering old FID folks to the non expiring one but this is NJ...what is written in law is usually ignored by the class warfare system we have here and the horrible mentality and attitude of some of these LEO's and NJSP officers that think their personal bias is important and the sneers you get when you go pay the $2.
      Am I being paranoid?
    • By Kn1089
      Looking to sell my Beretta 1301 Tac. Black, standard stock, extended factory 7 round magazine, WITH replaceable chokes. Gun is like new, with all original packaging, paperwork, and accessories. Has been fired less than 250 rounds, and is in perfect shape. 7+1 round model, made NJ compliant with a 2 round limiter. I bought this gun brand new less than a month ago. I’ll include a Beretta hard plastic, foam lined gun case. I have a 1301 comp incoming, and while I would love to keep the tac, it’s just not practical, so I am letting it go.

Located in 08724, will travel to a ffl for transfer within a reasonable distance. Would prefer not to deal with shipping. 
      Please, serious buyers only. Ask any questions and I’ll answer them asap!
      https://imgur.com/a/LjsVi9C
      IMG_8426.HEIC IMG_8431.HEIC IMG_8436.HEIC IMG_8435.HEIC