So I was at bullet hole yesterday after work to use their range for the first time, first time ever inside their store and to my surprise they had a firearm in stock that I've been wanting for a while now, I asked about the firearm and the guy over the counter said the lowest they'll take as a down payment is 100 and hold it to the side for as long as 6 months

So how reputable is bullet hole in general? Everyone seemed really nice, I got in and out of the range pretty quick so no hassles

I don't have any permits right now because I wasn't expecting to find this firearm, so I don't want to put all the paperwork in wait for my permits, put a down payment on the firearm and in 4 weeks they sold it already, or put a down payment and have them keep it on display for people to handle with the chance of damaging it

I'm not saying anything bad about them, just I've heard horror stories and wanted to know how they treat their customers there since I've never used them before

Thanks

When I there a few years ago there was a few want to be gangsters there acting like A%$ Holes. Friends that went there also had the same experience a few times. And the display cases had hand guns all over each other. I was there only once and would never go back.

Bullet Hole is my local shop.

The handgun cases have been cleaned-up and organized since.

Most everyone there is helpful and knowledgeable.

Yes, some of the counter people seem to be permanently miserable. However, I've never had any issues with them.

Also, I've recently found some of the best local ammo prices of any shop within 45 min from me (North Jersey).

I bought a handgun through them that was on consignment. It went smoothly. I had a P2P but NICS was closed when I was there. They did all the paperwork, ran the NICS, and I picked it up the next day. No issues or hassles. Don't expect a warm welcome though, they are all grouches. As for the range, it's cramped, and yes, sometimes filled with people who could possibly be endangering your life! haha. However, it's one of the closer ranges for me and their price is right.

there are people who like it and people who dont. most people do not go online to put a review of a good experience, or even an average experience. but most people do put a review on negative experiences. so figure this they have been there a long time. they must do something right and treat someone right.

I've bought 3 out of my 5 firearms there all with good experiences. The owner has seen me there many times but still doesn't say hello and doesn't really acknowledge when I say hello either. I'm OK with that as he probably has a stressful job. The other employees are very friendly. There are 2 female employees whom are both very nice and most helpful. Their prices are fair and the range is decent for what it is.. It's nothing spectacular, just a place to shoot. The older range officer is quite grumpy at first if he doesn't know you but he's a very nice guy if you talk to him. All good people there overall. It seems to be a tight family run business. I won't stop going there as long as they're still open.

usually when you put a payment on a gun it goes in the back, its called layaway, most places will keep your deposit if you fail to finish payments. it usually does not stay in the case for all to fumble. The past guns I have made payments on at different places have all done this. I have never been to bullet hole

Been there a couple of times. Cheap place to shoot with reasonably priced ammo.

But between the grouchiness of the staff and the costumers gangsters wanna be, I'm not going back. I'm just a paying costumer that doesn't appreciate to be barked at. The wife hates it so that seals the deal.

I'll pay more at another place.

I cant complain about bullethole. Bought my first firearm there and used to shoot at their range regularly.

Ill agree that the gentleman that owns the place will not say hello to you and is an absolute grouch, however the rest of the staff is nice.

Their prices on used guns are reasonable and prices on new are a bit high on the scale, but overall typical of a nj gun shop.

I was there on Saturday with a buddy shopping for a 22 pistol for him. The young shorter guy with the beard helped us. Nice kid. Wasn't familiar with what we were shopping for and didn't bother to check if they could get it. Overall, not a bad experience but the kid wasn't very helpful. Looked like he could not wait for the day to end. I don't blame him.

Then went to Meltzers. Nice helpful guy behind the counter, answered all our questions. Couldn't order what we wanted because it was on back order already.

Lastly, went to ottomanellis in woodland park. Walked in the store at 4:50 and didn't realize that they close at 5pm on Saturday. At no point were we rushed or asked to leave because it was past 5pm. In fact people were coming after 5pm and they let them in. Very friendly. Steve the salesman answered all our questions and convinced my friend to buy a different 22 then what he thought he wanted. They laminated his fid card and gave him a free t shirt before we left at 6pm. What a great experience.

Bullet hole has to deal with the gangstas holding their glock sideways but everyone is basically friendly. Jen sold me my first gun years ago.

Don't be afraid to go there. Just be afraid of nais in your tires from that dumb train track parking lot

Nothing but good things to say. Manny, Ben, basically everyone there have been very nice and pleasant to deal with . The range guys are good guys, have seen them help out newbies very often. Smooth experience every time.

They have always treated me well , no complaints. I put 100 bucks on a gun a few weeks ago ( was waiting for permits) . They put it in the back in its case to wait for me to pick it up. It does not stay in the display. Jenn gave me a very fair price on the gun . They are not gouging ammo during the current crisis. They have done a lot for the 2A cause. When we needed a bus from North Jersey they offered to foot the bill for the empty seats if the bus did not fill. Jenn bought us all donuts , coffee and movies for the ride to the Rally.

Give them a chance , be friendly , and observe range ettiquette . Then make your own decision ;)

They have always treated me well , no complaints. I put 100 bucks on a gun a few weeks ago ( was waiting for permits) . They put it in the back in its case to wait for me to pick it up. It does not stay in the display. Jenn gave me a very fair price on the gun . They are not gouging ammo during the current crisis. They have done a lot for the 2A cause. When we needed a bus from North Jersey they offered to foot the bill for the empty seats if the bus did not fill. Jenn bought us all donuts , coffee and movies for the ride to the Rally.

Give them a chance , be friendly , and observe range ettiquette . Then make your own decision ;)

Based on my first experience at the Bullet Hole, I have to agree with this. I found the staff to be cordial and helpful, and there weren't any "gangsters" in the shop or ports. I'll be going back. Of course, the fact that I went with irishpete'swife (Sandy) for my first shots at the Bullet Hole definitely made the experience more pleasant. :icon_e_smile:

To the OP, personally I wouldn't hesitate about putting a deposit on anything at the Bullet Hole. However, as mentioned by others, I suggest applying for your P2P ASAP because these days 6-months could be cutting it closed (depending on your home town).

Stopped in a couple weeks ago for the first time ever. Weeknight around 730pm, place was crowded and they were busy. Waited my turn, a nice girl was able to show me a pistol I was interested in and answered all my questions about range rates, ammo availability, etc. She cracked a smile when I told her that I heard great things about them from GFH radio. Overall not a bad place, it's family owned and operated, they have a decent range plus they sponsored buses to the Trenton rally. They fight for all of our 2A rights, I say support them.

Been there many many times, yeah there a little grouchy sometimes, never with me but i have seen it with others, can you blame them? they probably have hundreds of newbs asking the same questions over and over again, newbs wanting to touch every single gun under the counter and not really serious about purchasing annoying... yes it does get crowded but what do expect in this part of the woods there are no other ranges and bullet hole is not that big but at least they can handle high power rounds... prices are good, purchases go smoothly... it is what it is...

Thanks for the replies everyone, I went to bullet hole again just to check their inventory during my lunch break, wasn't really busy since it was middle of the day, I don't remember who I talked to but he was really nice and tried to help the best he can just seemed like he didn't have much knowledge around guns

Anyways I decided to wait till I get my permit in, I live in Sparta and they've always been good usually about 3 weeks but with everything going on it might be a longer wait so I'll have to wait and see

That is the range I go to. My only complaint is the wait times for the range, but that isn't their fault. It's in an urban area, so some of the people there may be perceived as "gangster" but I've never seen anyone acting like one. Sure some of the staff may seem grumpy, but they have never been rude to me. I also purchased my 10/22 from them at a very reasonable price.

I bought my first handgun from them. The woman who helped me (I think the daughter of the owner) was actually pretty nice and threw in a cleaning kit and 2 boxes of ammo with my gun. The range is kind of old and crappy, but whatever.

The range safety officer was a douche though... just rude and overall not very helpful.

Are they reputable? Yes

Are they grumpy and miserable most of the time? Yes

If you found what you want and like the price, then go for it. They will not sell it on you.

However, don't waste you time if you want them to order something for you.