Just went to bullethole earlier today. Not sure who said there's a 1 box per person limit but I bought 4 boxes of tula .45acp for $20/box with a buddy of mine that wanted to let off some steam with his kimber. It was all they had left but it's way cheaper than anywhere else. Got there just before closing and had a great time. Wasn't packed at all and even though it was past their usual 8pm closing time, no one was rushed to get finish their port times.

If anyone was looking, they have a beautiful S&W E-series 1911 in the display case. I believe its the one that's coated with melonite - very hard to find.

Didn't read through all 3 pages, but I have been shooting there for more than a decade. Bought every single one of my guns from them including the stripped lower for my AR. Prices always seem to be fair on both guns and ammo. The help there always can leave a bit to be desired however and really is my only gripe with them. The owner helped my wife pick out her 38 a few years back and he was great, prob the best experience I've had there over the years. To answer the original question about the deposit, my first gun from them (10 years ago and was an SW99) I did exactly that and every week I came and paid a bit until it was all paid off (and the permit was in) and it went very smooth with no issues at all.

SW99-

My go-to range if I am only planning on shooting pistol. They seem pretty sad all the time though on the front end. If you respect the rules and not be a moron even the ROs are nice guys. Have never had a problem with them.

I have had quite a few bad experiences. Lousy service, bait and switch on supplies and rude staff. Get in, get what you need and get out.

The only good thing I can say is that they have a good RO there. Not sure of his name but people call him Kip. Guess because of that movie, Napolean Dynamite.

Meltzers, Silver Bullet and RTSP would be my top choices.

I would say that from the gun stores I have visited in NJ, they are the best.

I did not buy my first gun from them, and obviosly they dont stock the AR's I would want but I will buy as much from them as I can.

Bought my G19 from them, brought my mom in there when she wanted a handgun and they were nothing but nice, she walked out with an HK UPS-c. Brought friends there, they walked out with hanguns and experienced nice service. Was with my father when he bought his M&P9 there, once agian, nothing but nice.

I transfered 3 lowers through them, and had my PretadAR transfered through them.

Sometimes they say dumb shit, but I just brush it off:

me: Can I see that AR please

guy behind the counter: Oh, thats not an AR, its an LWRC...

hu?

Was transfering a Noveske lower through them

guy behind the counter: Why would you want this lower, I have this Bushmaster lower, its much better...

Uh... okay.

Otherwise I have recieved good service and I would not even say that they are grumpy.

I shoot at their range when I want to shoot pistol and the range officers are always nice to my wife and me. Maybe cause she wears tight jeans, I dont know. Once day when she was shooting my AR and AK the owners grandson (I assume) sat there drooling lol. He's a kid... who cares lol.

The older range officer who frequently wears a red sweater always asks me where my wife is if Im there alone or with someone else.

A lot better than the asshole at Ray's who made her cry.

I have sugested the BulletHole to a lot of my friends and not one had a bad experience. Once I get my permits, Ill be there for an M&P9 and 9c.

The bullet hole is a family run business. Good people, highly reputible. Never had an issue dealing with nice people.

Unfortunately in my experience in business, customers tend to suffer with family run establishments. It's harder to get fired for offering poor customer service or no service at all when your Father or Brother is the boss. Not for nothing, a few times I went in and had a neutral/positive experience. Mostly when I was picking up an FFL transfer or it was really slow in the shop.

The Bullet Hole is not the best, but not the worst (Mike's?). If you want knowledge and customer service, go to Caso's. If you are like me and you do the research and know what you want, the Bullet Hole works just fine. Carmine is nice, and the younger guy is too. I've bought two guns from them and I've used their range more than any other. The older range officer is nice, but he is very professional, and takes his job seriously as a RO should. If you respect the range rules, he warms up to you, if not he warns you and tells you what you did wrong. I'm actually glad to see such an attentive RO there since some of the shooters there seem to be "novice" at best. Again, if you want a range where you are more or less "unsupervised" I go to Bayonne, I feel like it's my private range (I have literally been the only person shooting for up to 30 minutes). FWIW, I brought my friend there for his first pistol a few days ago, and his experience was positive as well.

Should be called the s--t hole, small, over crowded, glass cases that are so scratched you can't see through them, bunch of people behind the counter that look at you like an idiot, parking sucks, never again.

Should be called the s--t hole, small, over crowded, glass cases that are so scratched you can't see through them, bunch of people behind the counter that look at you like an idiot, parking sucks, never again.
lol..accurate summation of the establishment.