Sign in to follow this  
David_p

Hi from Whitehouse Station (Readington)

Hi all. I've been a lurker on these boards for some time, I finally decided I was ready to get my FID and pistol permit. I must say the Readington PD process was quick and painless. It took roughly 23 days and the only extra item they wanted was a copy of a pay stub to verify employment.

I'm not one to post too often but I'm enjoying all of the great information everyone provides.

Hi from Readington township as well.

I must say he PD has their act together here. Permits are usually 35 days. We ll see how it goes for me this round since my references were not contacted still and its been 2 weeks into it. They usually get letters in 2-3 days. When did you apply?

They do have the paystub thing but i find it ok since they would call work and ask to speak to you or sometimes they d get transferred to HR in some places and you can bleck out any sensitive info on the styb.

See you around sometime

Welcome.

They do have the paystub thing but i find it ok since they would call work and ask to speak to you or sometimes they d get transferred to HR in some places and you can bleck out any sensitive info on the styb

Igor, why do you need to prove you have a job? Is having a job a requirement of exercising a Constitutional Right? What if you were unemployed?

That's screwed up, but painless I guess.

Welcome.

Igor, why do you need to prove you have a job? Is having a job a requirement of exercising a Constitutional Right? What if you were unemployed?

That's screwed up, but painless I guess.

I dont know if that they would want it if you re not employed. I ll ask them about it since my wife is applying for FID soon and she is unemployed.

The way they explained it was that it was delaying the process since some corporations wanted them to send a letter to HR and it would cause delays since the detective incahrge could not verify employment in the 30 day timeframe.

At least they are aware they have to complete it in 30 days.....:)