Jon

A3659: Bans .50 cal weapons

my only question is, does it really matter what they are trying to ban? the simple fact that they are trying pisses me off and we need to do everything in our power to stop them. i will continue writing and calling. if there is another rally i will try my best to attend.

It matters if you plan to obey the law when it passes and want to use that information to plan your purchasing decisions now.

You can thank the additional, poorly written amendment to the genius of Bryan Miller and the total ineptitude of the authors of these Bills to actually understand what they are trying to legislate and total lack of responsibility to seek out the desperately needed consulting expertise.

so. Will the s&w 500 be banned. I plan on buying one so i need to know.

The way the bill is currently written/amended? My opinion is yes. NJ2AS is working on this.

Adios,

PIzza Bob

I purchased a s&w 500 back in February. Loved shooting it and can't wait to shoot it again. While I'm concerned about the .50 cal bill, I refuse to let the government dictate my gun selection.

IMO, since Sweeney has suggested his own version of a .50 cal ban aimed at banning the 50 BMG,I think the bill the was passed in the assembly will get squashed.

That's what the NJ AWB was and is to this day. Why would you think this would be any different?

I didn't say that NJ wouldn't try it. I said that you shouldn't base decisions in what YOU want based on the actions of NJ politics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I didn't say that NJ wouldn't try it. I said that you shouldn't base decisions in what YOU want based on the actions of NJ politics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I didn't say NJ would try it, I said they already did it. And you are living with it currently.

So I just purchased a 50 cal rifle (barrett) and its being shipped to my FFL next week. If this goes through, will I have to sell it or move it out of state? Will there be a grandfather or guns pre-ban?

Sorry I just read the bill and it seems like I would have a year to move the rifle out of state :( I sure hope this doesnt pass. How many 50 cal rifles could there be in NJ?!?!

New Jersey has a bad habit of NOT grandfathering anything. Legal today, illegal tomorrow! They done it before and given the opportunity will do it again! The last AWB signing saw a lot of traffic to safe storage in PA. Not many, if anybody filed the AWB licensing part of the last AWB because nobody expected to get approval. Again, typical New Jersey. If passed as written, there will be a lot of equipment to move out of state or sell out of state.

Isnt there some other legal cases they could point to? How is that fair? Also the buy back would have to pay market value right? Whats the amount they would have to buy back my .50 cal for? Why in the world would they ban a .50 cal rifle? who lugs around a 40 pound rifle to commit crimes with. I dont even like using a 50 cal at the range because its a **** to transport and put together / take apart.

I know I am trying to apply logic on something illogical, but its unbelievable how helpless you can feel in a situation like this. I have made so many phone calls and written to every assembly person / senator with a very well though out argument and all I get back is pre-written responses.

The bill in its current status,there is no grandfathering. I doubt the Republic of NJ will give you fair market value, but I could be wrong.

Why would anyone want to ban a 40 lb gun? Because the misinformationed idiots that created the bill feel banning a gun that hasn't been used in a crime makes sense. What makes it worse is the over the top dramatic testimony from the antis at the hearings make every legal gun owner sound like a killer.

During the hearings in Trenton yesterday, Scott Bach pointed out to the committee the bill will ban a lot of .50 cal guns. Senator Sweeney himself said the bill in it's current form is not worded correctly and that it would be amended before it goes to the Senate for a vote. I'm really trying to be optimistic on the amended wording.

I have a 500 S&W so yes this bill would affect me in its current form. The only way I would buy any .50 cal at this time, would be if I had a house outside of NJ should this bill be signed into law.

I think Sweeney needs to hear from all of us about the impact of this bill and how ridiculous it really is. And how it will impact our vote.

Just my humble opinion, and I will be writing, faxing, calling and emailing him today.

I am soooooo on the fence about ordering a barret right now...... there is one in the shopping cart of a dealer right now.. AHHHH the descisions in life.

Do it! You live in the mountains, no one around you will know or care if you have one.

Why would anyone want to ban a 40 lb gun? Because the misinformationed idiots that created the bill feel banning a gun that hasn't been used in a crime makes sense.

The writing is on the wall folks. It's not about the children...it's not about crime...it's not about public safety.

I am soooooo on the fence about ordering a barret right now...... there is one in the shopping cart of a dealer right now.. AHHHH the descisions in life.

If you have the money to burn for a middle finger to the NJ legislature, then I say do it!

It isn't law yet, so resist as much as possible until it is. After that...well I imagine you'll have 90 days to "dispose" of it as you please.

Ok so my head is spinning. Will i be able to use my .50 cal muzzle loader or my slug gun to hunt this year or what?

They are saying they will exempt these but who knows. They say one thing and mean something else, and in the end "oops, but sorry you're a criminal now."