NicePants

RTSP questions!

Never been to the range, so I've got a few questions.

How many people can you have with you per lane? I'm not looking to bring a whole caravan with me, but I've got two friends that want to tag along and I was wondering if they limit lanes to two people. I know the Bullet Hole does this and I just wanted to know so I don't show up and suddenly have to drive someone home.

Is the pricing per lane or per person? If I bring friends, will they get charged for usage of the lane too?

This one's a little silly, but are pistols allowed in their rifle section? I'll mainly be using pistols, but I've got a rifle or two I want to test out. I've seen a few ranges with some odd rules, but I'm guessing the answer to this one will be yes. Also, is 7.62x54R allowed? I heard that they allow up to .308, so I assume that falls under that umbrella.

Thanks!

They currently use 2 lanes for rifle shooters, the rest for pistols. If you brought your rifle and pistol, I'm sure you could shoot both. As far as how many people are allowed in one lane, I'm not sure. I would think it's probably 2, but you'll have to ask when you're there.

1-I've seen as many as 3 people per lane. But I really don't know their policy since I've never took more than one person with me.

2-They charge $20.00 for the first person plus $10.00 each additional.

3-I don't know the maximum caliber they allow. They do allow pistols on the rifle lanes. BTW .22LR rifles don't not count as rifles and I assume the same to be true for any other pistol caliber rifles.

I also think they charge more per hour for rifles.

4-You are required to fill out a few forms and watch a safety video before using the range for the first time. The form is basically the same used to apply for a FPID. They also scan your drivers license into their computer system.

5-The waiting time to shoot on weekends has been between 1-2 hours.

6-If you have any more questions you can certainly e-mail them. I did that once and got a response in a day or so.

HTH

Three is the limit. Largest rifle ammo allowed is 308 - I hate shooting when someone is using that as at sounds like a fricken cannon is going off an I jump even with earplugs and muffs on.

Here are the rules:

http://www.rtsponline.com/downloads/files/RTSP%20Range%20Forms%208-26-12.pdf