woodentoe

Where the deer are!

After I put my kids on the bus this morning in Woodbridge, I was driving up Rahway ave to the Rahway train station. Halfway there, in avenel, there are some hight tension power lines alongside the freight tracks. There in the clearing, no fewer than 9 white tails including three six point bucks. The mind boggles. Of course they're prancing around in a place I can never shoot one. Same as the invasive Canada geese. FML

Deer? I calling the Frick'n suburban rats. Here are just a few of the hundreds of pictures I have taken of them in my back yard:

4923061445_3c61ec6c55_d.jpg

3487098574_408d07225d_d.jpg

4473708142_62594873b8_d.jpg

5556524235_7c3ed921d2_d.jpg

886952056_ec513e4dac_d.jpg

5940636679_3c19017b0b_d.jpg

2860168200_6fcdc78c44_d.jpg

3476623006_605faab003_d.jpg

4923067119_6326401f42_d.jpg

1) where are you located?

2)does your town have a discharge law?

3) are the nearest buildings more than 450' away?

4) want to be rid of a few deer next fall?

:-)

I am in Morris County and we just finished our bow hunting season. We had a private hunt in the development. What was required was to get permission from a group of home owners. I signed up as did the house to my left and the two to the right. So we had a hunter in our backyard shooting out towards the county green acre parkland. I think they took out seven in my yard and a total of about 200 in the general area. Its a start. There are days when I see more than a dozen just looking at my dogs, who are contained by an invisible fence.

All I have to say is I have 11 apple trees so all growing season the deer do not leave my orchard

They are all over here on the farm. Just saw a herd of about 7 walk by the pond.

damn....an orchard ...a farm......

im jealous...i gotta hit the lottery. lol

I have deer that just look at me in my backyard....if I yell at them they come toward me...cheez. During Gardening season I put up the electric fence and they definitely dont like that.

I dont really discourage any critters otherwise....I see them as dinner potential for future hard times....we have squirrel, rabbit, fox, deer, groundhog, skunk, possum, and Canadian Geese.....never saw a bear.

I have deer that just look at me in my backyard....if I yell at them they come toward me...cheez. During Gardening season I put up the electric fence and they definitely dont like that.

I dont really discourage any critters otherwise....I see them as dinner potential for future hard times....we have squirrel, rabbit, fox, deer, groundhog, skunk, possum, and Canadian Geese.....never saw a bear.

Why potential? If legal, full your freezer.

I have seen one Black bear with a collar from Colliers Mills WMA walk across the property in front of the pond.

I back up to Jockey Hollow. I go out hunting sit in cold for hours, then come home and all my flowers, bushes, grass and srubs are eaten to the nub.Hate them. Want to eat them. Cannot discharge in my town.

I back up to Jockey Hollow. I go out hunting sit in cold for hours, then come home and all my flowers, bushes, grass and srubs are eaten to the nub.Hate them. Want to eat them. Cannot discharge in my town.

We had an organized deer hunt in the Shongum Lake area this winter. I and three of my neighbors gave permission for bow hunters to come in and shoot them. I back onto Andrew's park. I think they got six on my property. I'll PM you some of the Randolph stats.