Tell us again why you were hanging out in the parking lot of a rest stop??? lol

Ha ha............ I was sitting with the window open and heard the thunk thunk thunk of the flat tire as he was coming-in. He wasn't trying to hide from anyone in the parking lot, didn't pull into a corner. Had his girlfriend/wife in the passenger seat. It appeared he was looking for a lug wrench so he walked off towards the gas pumps to borrow some tools, he didn't go inside the building. I was going to offer him a hand but he got the tools he needed and was headed-back and my friend was now back at my car so I left. I thought about saying something about the gun, but honestly didn't want to stir anything up. If you saw what he, the car, and his other half looked-like you would understand. Not trying to sound racial, but they belonged in areas of Camden that I do not. It appeared he was capable of changing his tire so I let him be. I honestly don't know how he could sit in the car and drive with the gun and holster stuck in the small of his back. No shotgun in my car Dave, was on a business trip.

Calling 911 on some guy who did nothing wrong. :rofl:

That is the reason nothing will ever change in this state. Gun owners scared of other gun owners.

am i the only one that woulda went up and asked him what kinda pistol it was? having any problems with it.. able to find mags for it ect lol

although its really nasty out today s i may have just stay in my truck.. but if it was spring forget it id be jib jabin it up lol

Wow!!! I never thought I would hear this in a PRO-2A community.. "Call 911" "He might be a criminal" for exercising a -GOD GIVEN RIGHT- on a God forsaken state to gun owners.. And what does an "Average looking Joe" looks like? Wow!!! We are messed if people continue thinking like this specially Pro2a.. Ohh by the way I am a Hispanic that looks African American and During weekdays don't wear my best attire since I am always working. If I were to come form another state carrying my firearm I would get the police called by another PRO2A person.. WOW!!!

Oh there you go again with that God Particle offending all the other "boys". Can't you get your Orwellian Speak proper now? It's Natural Born rights man! Not available to those born by C-section... /sarcasm off

Tell us again why you were hanging out in the parking lot of a rest stop??? lol

lol.

That said:

MYOB, seriously. Either he has a right* to carry or made a mistake, not my place to call the fuzz on a fake crime.

I wouldn't approach with a heads up either.

A-There's always a chance that he is up to something shady somewhere down the road and now you're all in it.

B- If he is OTJ, might take issue with you 'warning' a potential outlaw.

EDIT:

*A NJ recognized, legal right to carry upon the lands of the People's Republic.

Ok, different twist... "Hey bud! Whatchya carrying? 1911 ya say? Kewl.... You on the job?" Blah blah blah...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Ha ha............ I was sitting with the window open and heard the thunk thunk thunk of the flat tire as he was coming-in. He wasn't trying to hide from anyone in the parking lot, didn't pull into a corner. Had his girlfriend/wife in the passenger seat. It appeared he was looking for a lug wrench so he walked off towards the gas pumps to borrow some tools, he didn't go inside the building. I was going to offer him a hand but he got the tools he needed and was headed-back and my friend was now back at my car so I left. I thought about saying something about the gun, but honestly didn't want to stir anything up. If you saw what he, the car, and his other half looked-like you would understand. Not trying to sound racial, but they belonged in areas of Camden that I do not. It appeared he was capable of changing his tire so I let him be. I honestly don't know how he could sit in the car and drive with the gun and holster stuck in the small of his back. No shotgun in my car Dave, was on a business trip.

Belonged? Seriously? Trying to NOT sound racial and following with belonged in areas of Camden, is like saying I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I did all sorts of stuff with your wife last night that she didn't do to you. How would you feel if we all criticized your desire for you and your "friend" to meet at a rest stop?

This is a look left, now look right situation. It appears that those on your left and right will be the ones to turn you in. Mind your business. If there is a crime being committed (and not the act of unlawful carry) but an actual crime where people are in danger, call 911. Don't be the conspirator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This guy and his girl looked like the Jamaicans that were in the Steven Segal movie Marked For Death. I wasn't about to go ask him about the gun he had. I also had no intention of calling the police, none of my business. He may very well have been an everyday normal guy, but seeing he got the tools he needed to change the flat, I left him alone.

Really? Call 911? I'm sorry, but this is why we're in the state we're in right now! Harassing a person, searching him, locking him up in jail.. that's not bothering anyone because he's carrying? Could be a cop, could be someone (gun friend with family) that got so used to carrying he simply forgot to lock his gun in his trunk. I don't know how many times I drive 2-3 miles from my house on the way to NJ and have to turn around because I forgot I had my carry on me. I could end up being in the same scenario...law abiding, tax paying honest citizen that made a mistake and you'd feel great reporting me, ruining my life over a law that is actually ILLEGAL. Thanks...thank you for ruining the life of upstanding citizens that do make mistakes. You want to live with that? I know I don't!

Then what's the difference in the scenario above if he was pulling the tire out of his trunk and you noticed a gun in a case that he was transporting? How about several guns in cases? You could assume he's selling guns illegally and call the cops....once again, making the honest citizen a criminal. In NJ, he'd go to jail, ruin his life, be tied up with tens of thousands in legal fees and his life ruined. While you're at it, why don't you start reporting people that are speeding? How about out of date registration stickers? Wait...why not report anyone that goes through a RED light. How about people riding bicycles without a helmet? I could go on and on. Go ahead, turn over innocent people to the "Bloomberg's" of the world. That's what they want...be a good little soldier of the state.

This mentality of ..."call 911" for every darn thing just boggles my mind. Face facts, you're NJ brainwashed and bought into the system.Assuming someone is GUILTY before assuming they're innocent. That's what freedom is all about...This is how it starts, look at history.

I agree that if the guy had a holster, he was either a Fed or a LEO. I have a close friend who was a Border Patrol Agent and whenever he flew on a commercial flight, The feds wanted him to carry! Even if he was a civilian with a permit to carry in his state, and was illegally carrying in the PRNJ, why ruin his life with a call to 911???

Wow, Good ole NJ. It even has some of the PRO2A (?) guys quaking in their boots at the mere sight of CC.

+1

What if you see a 30 rd magazine at the range? Would you call 911 in case it's not permanently pinned? If it is, no big deal?!

It's possible he was a criminal. Call 9 1 1

Definitely call 911.

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong. Police can not be everywhere. If you see something & feel uncertain about it, you need to err on the side of caution & report it. You won't feel like a fool if the Police checks it out & find the guy is a LEO. It's no bother to the Police at all. As a matter of fact, you may just have prevented possible crimes from happening.

"person + gun" = criminal ?

A guy on the highway with a concealed handgun?

Remember where you are. You are in NJ, not Texas.

If the dude was tweaked out or shady looking, I would call the police.

I hope all you are joking. If not...wow. If you people are actual gun owners, next time you think you need to complain about NJ gun laws, or gun rights, look in the mirror and you will see the type of person who is, at the least, not helping the problem. You are the problem. Sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad.

Sad.

Here is a good site for you guys. You'll love it.

http://www.dhs.gov/i...ething-campaign

I didn't realize there were so many Janet Napolitano followers on this forum.

is like saying I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I did all sorts of stuff with your wife last night that she didn't do to you. How would you feel if we all criticized your desire for you and your "friend" to meet at a rest stop?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't think my wife will be too thrilled with what you typed, she can decide when she reads it later. She is a member here and posts from time to time. She knows exactly what I was doing on the NJTP and where I was going. I certainly wouldn't be publicizing my whereabouts if I didn't want someone to know. I may be dumb, but I ain't stoopit!

Really? Call 911? I'm sorry, but this is why we're in the state we're in right now! Harassing a person, searching him, locking him up in jail.. that's not bothering anyone because he's carrying? Could be a cop, could be someone (gun friend with family) that got so used to carrying he simply forgot to lock his gun in his trunk. I don't know how many times I drive 2-3 miles from my house on the way to NJ and have to turn around because I forgot I had my carry on me. I could end up being in the same scenario...law abiding, tax paying honest citizen that made a mistake and you'd feel great reporting me, ruining my life over a law that is actually ILLEGAL. Thanks...thank you for ruining the life of upstanding citizens that do make mistakes. You want to live with that? I know I don't! Then what's the difference in the scenario above if he was pulling the tire out of his trunk and you noticed a gun in a case that he was transporting? How about several guns in cases? You could assume he's selling guns illegally and call the cops....once again, making the honest citizen a criminal. In NJ, he'd go to jail, ruin his life, be tied up with tens of thousands in legal fees and his life ruined. While you're at it, why don't you start reporting people that are speeding? How about out of date registration stickers? Wait...why not report anyone that goes through a RED light. How about people riding bicycles without a helmet? I could go on and on. Go ahead, turn over innocent people to the "Bloomberg's" of the world. That's what they want...be a good little soldier of the state. This mentality of ..."call 911" for every darn thing just boggles my mind. Face facts, you're NJ brainwashed and bought into the system.Assuming someone is GUILTY before assuming they're innocent. That's what freedom is all about...This is how it starts, look at history.

I agree with this. Though maybe the quote you responded to was sarcastic.

This guy and his girl looked like the Jamaicans that were in the Steven Segal movie Marked For Death. I wasn't about to go ask him about the gun he had. I also had no intention of calling the police, none of my business. He may very well have been an everyday normal guy, but seeing he got the tools he needed to change the flat, I left him alone.

I missed that movie, lol! You were THERE, NOBODY else here was. YOU handled "it" as you saw fit, so that's really all that matters.

I am surprised at the WEENIES here that say call the Cops. You'd think on a forum such as we have here there wouldn't be such dipsh!tism, but then you don't even need to own a gun or have ever picked one up to type on this forum....and sometimes it shows..........

I can't even believe that this conversation is happening. WTF people!?!

"NJ gun laws suck!"

"Why can't they just leave us gun owners alone?"

"When will they understand that concealed carry is for the safety of themselves and, can't be prevented just because of the other people around them that may be uncomfortable?"

Any of these sound familiar??

Everyone who's calling for the cops... Remember that when you're complaining about NJ gun laws. You are perpetuating the phobia of firearms in NJ.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

This +1

It's possible he was a criminal. Call 9 1 1

No, you should have thrown him your car keys, wallet and any other valuables, then run as fast as you can toward the service plaza, pointing at the guy and yelling as loud as you can "GUN!" Also alert the media and Mayor Bloomberg that there is someone on the turnpike with an arsenal.