dman2112

Best part of leaving CA

NJ is... different. But different in the sense of going from the Aunt's who always pinches your cheeks to the Aunt who calls you another kid's name.

In California, you can walk up to the register and one NICS check later, walk out with any rifle or shotgun on the shelves. Present proof of training and you can do the same after 10 days with any pistol.

But in NJ, yes you get the 15 round magazines and no bullet button, but the whole process of getting the gun in the first place is convoluted.

Welcome to the forums and seriously consider joining the New Jersey Second Amendment Society. We need your help to keep New Jersey California Free.

I would say that CA has a bigger gun culture, and maybe a little more safety conscience. Except for LA. Ranges in LA suck. Too many gang bangers and make me uncomfortable. Where I was a lot of the guys I shot with we're ex military. Sport clays bigger too.

Here I just see two types. Real serious gun owners and real irresponsible ones. Both times I experienced / observed worrisome behavior at RTSP.

As for the purchase thing, you don't need training per se, you need just a "Firearms Safety Card" which to get is a BS multiple choice 2 page test. No training involved. If you pass your good.

the 10 day wait is actually on all guns. Handguns are one every 30 but long guns you can buy all day.

During your 10 day wait, the cool thing was they let you have "conjugal visits" with your gun if you purchased it at a range. You could shoot it, but then hand it back to the dude until your 10 days were up.

Yes it was just as Nazi as NJ but much easier to navigate. Plus you didn't have to deal with all the passive aggressive police clerks who look at you like a douche bag cause your buying a gun.

I am a member of ANJRPC and NJ2AS.

I don't miss CA, especially since they just raised the income tax to 13.5, but I sure do miss the weather. I don't think I wore long pants for over 3 years