Sign in to follow this  
O-gre

Range thought

Was all set to join Central Jersey this month and now I am having second thoughts. A Typical range day can be as many as 500 rounds. As I can't replace it I will soon be depleted at that rate. What say you? Should I just stick with Brick and Shore or join CJ?

they cost the same for memberships once you get past the first year capital expense.. and you can then go whenever you want for however long you want and even have access to the indoor pistol range 24/7.. im not a member yet, but i am thinking once I get my "collection" up a bit, it will definitely be something i look at joining (CJ).. and the immediate family are free (so i wouldnt have to get another membership for the wife if she wanted to come)

ammo is going to be an issue no matter where you shoot..

I just renewed my membership at CJ after all that has happened. Just ration your expendable ammo a bit more thats what I do. I go more often but shoot less on each visit, that is the glory of no wait times and freedom to shoot what you want when you want within reason at the same price of a retail shop that is only open 12 hours a day.

Really looking for an outdoor range so I am comfortable bringing my kids. Firing an AR indoors isn't fun.

I really think that you just answered your own question....so why not join CJ right away? Forget about the ammo problem for a moment. You're just gonna hafta learn to put less rounds in a mag or try to shoot precision-style, making one ragged hole instead of blastin' away! Bring the family to an indoor range and how many ports do you need to buy? Shooting "on the clock" to get your monies' worth or just relaxing and shooting when you need to is an entirely different approach. Your round-count will drop when you're not "on the clock" since there isn't any hurry-up to shoot during the entire session!

Kids need an outdoor range with fresh air instead of constant lead exposure at an indoor range. And a rifle indoors? Excuse me for saying this, but, once you go to a real range and shoot past 25 yards OUTSIDE your whole world will look different! IMHO only desperate (I bought this new toy and hafta sight it in TONIGHT!), inexperienced or ignorant shooters use a rifle at an indoor range in NJ.

Join a Club and become part of a FAMILY..........