Have you not been paying attention for the past 3 months?

Ive been focused on what I could do to help fight the slew of new proposed antigun laws, so no I havent been up on the nics delays. Didnt think the press would be so much from NJ with its limited amount of fid owners as compared to people that live in free America. So is NJ or the feds the hold up.

3 to 5 days is common the past few months in NJ. I just got my permit Tuesday after a 7 week wait for that and went to the store and they submitted the check and now i am waiting. I expect friday, saturday, or monday it will come back and i can finally have the gun i paid for 7 weeks ago?!?!?

Two months ago I waited 2 days.

Last month I waited 4 days.

This month I waited 10 days.

If you're buying a handgun you'll have to put up with NJ NICS (Not Instant Check System). If you're buying a rifle, do yourself a favor and travel to PA. PICS is still a "while you wait" deal.

Two months ago I waited 2 days.

Last month I waited 4 days.

This month I waited 10 days.

If you're buying a handgun you'll have to put up with NJ NICS (Not Instant Check System). If you're buying a rifle, do yourself a favor and travel to PA. PICS is still a "while you wait" deal.

It just shows you that they are delaying this because they can. There is less gun sales now because nothing is available. .. its bs... i think the delays now are because now its a common practice.

I have heard, but cannot confirm, there are three people processing the paperwork on a six day a week schedule. Don't know the daily working hours. Recently they worked OT on a Sunday to try and catch up.

The state is deliberately taking this amount of time to process the paperwork to slow down the sales! There are not enough gun shops in this state to justify the delays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you go to a PA gun show you are done in under an hour and there are far more gun shows and shops there.