palmtree

Where does everyone get there uppers put together?

I will have most of the part to finally complete my upper. I was going to try and put it together myself but figured ill just let someone else who knows what there actually doing put it together lol. So was wondering who in or around CNJ has a good reputation. Thanks in advance.

op...it's easy to put together and as someone mentioned, you can watch youtube and follow along.

I'm not the best with my hands but I can do it so you should be able to as well. Just make sure you have the right tools and set up.

I put my own together depending on what you have it doesn't take very long, I did my last one in 20 minutes. So if you don't have 20 minutes in your day you are just way to busy and need to take a break or die early!! The first AR I built I did the lower and sent the upper out and it took a month to get back so the way I look at it if your gonna shoot for a hobby you need to know how to work on your guns. The re is not better way to learn an AR than to just sit down and build one, there are so many video out there that if you get stuck just watch one and you will be good to go.

I am new to the game as well, I just finished building my first AR, complete upper and lower from parts kits and stripped receivers.

If you really want to do it, u need at least an upper vise block, lower vice block, a set of punches, AR wrench and obviously a wrench.

If I had the chance to do it again, I would In a heartbeat. You will learn so much about the AR and how it works.

I recommend going to Gun for Hire and the beAR program. You can learn hands on, one on one, to assemble, maintain, service and modify the rifle when you change components (you will, part of the sickness). Sure, you can watch youtube videos but will you absolutely trust the source of the video? Think about it.

Building your own rifle is very rewarding and empowering, but doing it under proper supervision and guidance is money well spent. Best of luck.

Building really depends on if your a "handy" man.. If you value tools and misc equipment/material, it would suck to run into an issue and only have the bare bone tools and lacked mechanical problem solving... any easy fix like an undersized pin hole becomes a headache.

Dude if you can change your own oil you can build the entire rifle in 30 min

Think about how many people actually change their oil? there's not really a benefit anymore if you have a shop that changes oil on the cheap. It's just that if you have the time, why waste it, not big on paying people to do things i can do in my spare time. If i'm not entirely confident in what i'm doing, or lack the tools.. it goes strait to Mastadon.