Bbott

How frequently do you shoot your firearms?

Before a box of range ammo cost the price of a tank of gas? perhaps once or twice a month. Now? just before New Years was the last time but can't hold out much longer.

Who would kill for Howard's free time! ;-)

Doesn't take much time. I live about 8 minutes from RTSP and I go during the week in the mornings when it isn't super busy.

I stopped going to the range to just shoot at targets. I have only been going to matches and I can usually get to one a weekend and sometimes two a weekend. This weekend I will make two matches. I have a choice of 3 but can only hit 2. I have really added a lot of dry firing and mag swap practice.

Used to go once a week and in fact moved to where I live now to be near a public range. Took a pay cut so that I have my Friday's free to shoot. Life was good for the last 3 years as I was at the range almost every week which was either entirely or mostly empty during the business hours on Friday. Bought, sold and traded about 34 guns over that time so I got to own and shoot every gun I ever wanted to. Now I have not gone shooting since the end of last year. The range has been mobbed with lots of people waiting (I assume new gun owners who bought guns thinking that this was their last chance to do so having never read what the proposed gun control laws would be) and since it is attached to a gun store, there is no place to sit and wait. They do not have a wait list so you pretty much have to stand around and keep track of when it is your turn to go.

I have a few thousand rounds of ammo sitting in my ammo box but am reluctant to use it as the cost to replace it, assuming I can even find ammo to replace what I shoot, is too high. The days of my weekly range trip where I would bring 4 guns with me and make it a full afternoon are no more for now. The cost to shoot a few hundred rounds is too high and the range is mobbed even during the work hours since we currently have all the snowbirds from the north here. They will be gone after Easter so I will try again to hit the range but it will not be once a week and certainly not with a few hundred rounds.

The last time I went shooting was the end of last year when I fired all my self defense/carry guns to make sure that they were still 100% reliable and that I could put them where I wanted to. For the time being it looks like I will be shooting only once every few months until this madness is over. Worst part is now that I no longer work 5 days a week, I find myself with every Friday free and no more range time to fill it. Today I am posting on gun forums but I really need to find other hobbies to engage in on Fridays as my dream of moving to someplace warm year round and shooting as often as I want is no more for the time being.

Lately just two to three times a month. Kind of good thing cause it ensures my reloading supplies will last

till the end of the year and then some. Hopefully by then all this nonsense will blow over.

I don't plink any more; I only shoot in competitions--and I have a Match to run tonight, lol!

Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Black Powder Rifle, Black Powder Pistol & even Black Powder Shotgun. I'm also a bird hunter. It's all about maintaining muscle memory and familiarity with each firearm. I usually shoot sumthin' about twice a week, but it's never the same two disciplines, as I don't want to get bored, lol! After 44 years behind the trigger if it pumps lead into the ground I'm happy, lol!