Sign in to follow this  
kirk2022

Marlin Model 60 22 LR??

Okay Guys.

Getting set to start the Grandson into shooting.

Question, I broke out the old Marlin 60 .22 rifle for him to start with. BUT! It is A pre 1980 with the 18 rd Tube Magazine, Is there A way I can block it down to under 15 rds to not have problems with the 15 rd max law?

Any suggestions appreciated.

It is illegal in that configuration. What I did was take a tubing cutter like this http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100021967?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051&N=5yc1vZbqjj&R=100021967#.UToDaLvLgek replace the cutting wheel with a washer and scored the magazine tube. By scoring the tube it pushes in the metal preventing the follower from passing but still allows the magazine spring to compress normally so it does not effect function. I scored the tube 13-11/16in from the end with the follower and it holds 15 rounds with hollow points and 14 rounds with lrn rounds.

Marlin 60 is a semi auto. You're current configuration is not NJ legal.

Try to give Marlin customer service a call and see if they have a tube "plunger" replacement that would limit your capacity to 15 max for 22sr/lr.

Yes it does. Model 60 is SA. Tube is greater than 15. Thus an "assault weapon" in NJ eyes. Previously Marlin offered "NJ Tubes" for sale in the aftermarket. All long gone. Previous poster's way to make tube 15 rounds is way to go now. Just do it carefully over and over until indent is deep enough to let follower through but not the ammo. I will measure mine and update this post later with the measurement.

FYI, SA shotguns are limited to six rounds. Pump shotguns are not.

Key here is the question; "Is this a semi-automatic?". Or in Jersey speak, "Is this an assault weapon?". Tards.

UPDATE:

My NJ tube has a shallow groove at 14.75" from the breech end of the tube or 6" from the muzzle end. Tube is 20 and 13/16 AOL w/o follower.

Measuring available depth in the tube by using a rod to push to follower down the tube leaves 9.75" from the breech end to where the travel of the follower inside the tube stops. Hopes this helps!