Redrum

1st Handgun purchase CZ Sp-01

Hi All, I took that ride today and went and bought a new CZ sp-01. I used OMG in Bayonne to act as the FFL, what a nice guy Rich was on the phone. He said it will be 35.00 to process and that includes the Nic. I stopped by the local police station to see where I stand on my permits and I'm almost there. They are waiting on my employment verification and the detectives to verify with the neighbors that I live where I say I do. I did a coa and I put in for 2 permits because I might as well if I have to go through the process again. I do have a question in regards to a previous post, I can not find it and it was fairly recent. The post was about buying one pistol but you could purchase kits where you ended up with 4 calipers and in turn 4 guns on one permit. I think it was a 9mm that could be converted to a 40,45,357. If anybody could help me with this one I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance!

post-6417-0-77209700-1362789306_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the wishes. The gun I was asking about which had the four conversion kits was not a CZ. I should have been more specific when I wrote it. If anybody can help me that would be great. Thanks Again

I've been doing some reading about EEA (Eastern European Armory).  I found this on their website:

http://eaacorp.com/faq/

3) Can I convert my 9mm Witness to 45ACP?

A) Steel frame 9mm or 40sw Witness pistols can only be converted to 9mm or 40sw or

22lr

B) Steel frame 38super, 45acp, 10mm can be converted to: 9mm, 40sw, 38super, 45acp,

10mm or 22lr

C) Any Witness P can be converted to 9mm, 40sw, 45acp, 38 super

D) Any Witness PS can be converted to 9mm, 40sw or 22lr

E) Any Witness PC can be converted to 9mm, 40sw or 22lr

F) If you are unsure of which conversion unit you need, please call our Customer

Service Department. You will need your firearm’s serial number to proceed. This will

ensure accuracy.

I'm not sure if that was the type of gun you were looking at but EAA seems to have many options available for conversion kits.  I don't own one so I can't say how well the conversion kits work, how available they are "in the real world" or what they are selling for.  With a little "Googlefu" I'm sure you'll find answers to many of your questions.

I know from talking to a friend that has a CZ that the 22lr conversion for CZ is about impossible to find right now (as are many of their guns) and very expensive ($300 -$400).

I believe multiply calibers are possible with SIG226 and 229. 

http://shop.sigsauerguns.com/Conversion-Kits/P226-Conversion-Kits/

http://shop.sigsauerguns.com/Conversion-Kits/P229-Conversion-Kits/

I believe it's cheaper to get classic 22 (226 or 229) version and than buy big caliber conversion.