Bully

Done... Now I Gotta Shoot It!!

Hey All.

Thanks for the compliments.

Hiker88, these'll work for the time being. I have a couple extra sets at a friends and once I head over there I'll see if there's anything else I like.

Zoid, no it's not compensated. Slide was lightened for faster reset. The thumb safety is a lowered "Gunsite" model. It's pretty cool and seems to fit me well.

I must say that the part I'm most excited about on this gun is the trigger. It's the only thing I can afford from Joe Chambers at the moment. He makes them himself and they are not a fortune. I actually had him "sign" this for me on the inside of the bow. It's just a really cool little piece.

C

Personally not a 1911 fan but I do admire the craftsmanship and effort that went into that fine firearm. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Well...

Got her to the range. Put a round in the mag and she went "boom" in a good way. However, there were some technical difficulties. The gun is wicked tight. The chamber might have had a little smeg in it so the rounds were not seating well. I put 4 rounds thru it total before I had to get Manny to release the slide. Finished up shooting my .357 (never a bad thing) and have been working on the gun for the past hour. A little sanding and a good smack and all seems right. Most likely some burrs and/or some left over paint. I will take her to the range in the next week and try to get some more rounds thru her.

From what I can tell she's gonna be a hella shooter. Very weighty, so with the 9mm the recoil is minimal. I think I like it. Seems pretty accurate as well, although I will definitely need further testing.

C