Barms

Woodland Park Range

I told them I'd mostly be there non-prime time hours. Like mornings, etc.. One guy said that the only time they plan on being slow is over night when they are closed. Should be interesting.

I would assume they will be doing more than most ranges but I'm still guessing you won't have to much trouble. My schedule absolutely sucks. I get up to head to work in Manhattan at 4 am and return between 7-10 pm depending on how busy the day was. I had to buck up for a platinum membership because I can only show up at the ABSOLUTE WORST times.

I have a membership at RTSP, which I really like, but given they don't give any line bump to members at peak times I've only shot there once since November. It was an utter waste for me to renew. I spent 375 bucks for an hour of shooting--it really sux to have wasted that money but I didn't realize how crazy it was getting. I won't be renewing that for sure as I'm 9 miles door-to-door to Woodland Park and 22 miles to RTSP. I'm on the fence about Cherry Ridge....I like the outdoor shooting and it's only 180 bucks, but it's 23 miles away and I'm not sure given the limited time if I would choose spending the time getting there vs just heading down route 46 to woodland park.

BTW, does anyone know the hours of operation?

If you can shoot weekdays at lunch time I don't think you'll be seeing much trouble at any level. I could be wrong, but I think you'll certainly be fine.

I think I will be fine too plus most of the time I will be shooting at the 50 yard range with my 22 trainer rifle. Hopefully the 50 will not be in as high of a demand and less desirable b/c it costs more to shoot on it.

I would assume they will be doing more than most ranges but I'm still guessing you won't have to much trouble. My schedule absolutely sucks. I get up to head to work in Manhattan at 4 am and return between 7-10 pm depending on how busy the day was. I had to buck up for a platinum membership because I can only show up at the ABSOLUTE WORST times.

I have a membership at RTSP, which I really like, but given they don't give any line bump to members at peak times I've only shot there once since November. It was an utter waste for me to renew. I spent 375 bucks for an hour of shooting--it really sux to have wasted that money but I didn't realize how crazy it was getting. I won't be renewing that for sure as I'm 9 miles door-to-door to Woodland Park and 22 miles to RTSP. I'm on the fence about Cherry Ridge....I like the outdoor shooting and it's only 180 bucks, but it's 23 miles away and I'm not sure given the limited time if I would choose spending the time getting there vs just heading down route 46 to woodland park.

BTW, does anyone know the hours of operation?

Hours 8am to 10pm seven days a week. Open 363 days a year.

Our tour guide (carrying a holstered glock with police badge on belt, didn't catch his name) said no restrictions, and specifically talked about using birdshot, so there's obviously some internal miscommunication going on. As long as both buckshot and slugs are allowed I'm happy.

No birdshot, and every night as part of range maintenance we will touch up the floor and ceiling baffles with gray paint, and if you are there we will paint you as well! LOL

No birdshot, and every night as part of range maintenance we will touch up the floor and ceiling baffles with gray paint, and if you are there we will paint you as well! LOL

Dude... Awesome Idea.... Why don't all ranges do that?

Love the idea. I'm sure you will be slammed with clients. I'm still a new shooter so I'm not sure if I can make the most of a membership at this point. But I did like my GFH classes so I guess that is how I will get on the range before I decide on becomming a member.

Are the tour times set in stone?

I signed up for 6pm to be safe.... but if I go earlier is it a big deal?

How are the tours run? ...... really a dedicated start time?

Not set in stone. You show up and join the next tour group. Easy as that. The tour is about 20 minutes.

Went to the range today, met Anthony, Rob and the team. Nice place and good to see that we now have more choice on ranges in terms of both location and budget.

From what I saw and heard today it is clear that the clientele that the range is targeting are happy with the prices.

Well done and good to see capitalism at work in a positive way!

TheWombat

Hi All,

Went on the tour yesterday and was very, very impressed. This is the type of facility that you can take friends, family and business associates to. The location is key and the demographic in the area will appreciate the convenience, safety and service of the staff. I own a business in Little Falls grew up in Cedar Grove and live in West Caldwell and this range fills a huge need in the community and elevates the whole notion of shooting as a sport/hobby/pastime.

Obviously, lots of time, energy and money have been invested. I personally like the idea of membership and would hope that after the initial hoopla dies down there is sufficient support to make it a private club/range, or limit walk ins to certain times/days. My wife and I have taken lessons with Rob from GFH and can only say that having GFH staff and classes at this location is HUGE.

I think the atmosphere will be pleasant, professional and relaxed. I don’t expect there to be ANY attitude at this range and that is a big plus.

See you there…

Kevin

Can you shoot from a holster here?

No, you need to remove it from the holster first.

Seriously, they have made provisions to qualify people to draw and shoot by checking them out as they request to do so. Range safety officer must clear you first.

So if the ro says your proficient in drawin from a holster you can ? Has this been cleared through Anthony ? Is the range open already? You say that's what they have been doing?

That is what they intend to do per Jimmy, range is not yet open.