Barms

Woodland Park Range

On a different note, I learned something today. Never pick your ammo from your stash when half asleep. It was early... Brought 2 boxes of Fiocchi 40s&w to the range, or so I thought. Shot the first box, did very well especially with a gun I haven't fired yet. Go to load another mag with the next box and I couldn't get the rounds in the mag. Took it apart, 2 ROs looked at it and we all scratched our heads. Before I started the 2nd box, I tossed out the cardboard box to police my area.

After total failure, I fished the box out of the trash can and put the rounds back in. As I was closing the cover, here in little letters said, 45acp. Talk about pissed? I have all my ammo stacked and cat by brand and caliber. Somehow, a similar looking box snuck into my pile of Fiocchi 40s... None of us caught he error. Geezus 'H'

I was ticked. Moral: turn the fooking light on, put my glasses on, read each box to avoid stupid human error. Ugh! Even funnier, nobody caught the error after everyone trying to load the mag. First time in over 35 years of shooting, I made such a dumb mistake. We all laughed it off. Ugh! Hehe...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

On a different note, I learned something today. Never pick your ammo from your stash when half asleep. It was early... Brought 2 boxes of Fiocchi 40s&w to the range, or so I thought. Shot the first box, did very well especially with a gun I haven't fired yet. Go to load another mag with the next box and I couldn't get the rounds in the mag. Took it apart, 2 ROs looked at it and we all scratched our heads. Before I started the 2nd box, I tossed out the cardboard box to police my area.

After total failure, I fished the box out of the trash can and put the rounds back in. As I was closing the cover, here in little letters said, 45acp. Talk about pissed? I have all my ammo stacked and cat by brand and caliber. Somehow, a similar looking box snuck into my pile of Fiocchi 40s... None of us caught he error. Geezus 'H'

I was ticked. Moral: turn the fooking light on, put my glasses on, read each box to avoid stupid human error. Ugh! Even funnier, nobody caught the error after everyone trying to load the mag. First time in over 35 years of shooting, I made such a dumb mistake. We all laughed it off. Ugh! Hehe...

Typos courtesy Apple...

I brought buckshot to shoot trap once. Thankfully someone noticed before my turn.

Plain and simple like the old saying goes, you can't make everyone happy. People will always **** about something. Anthony and the group put together a 1st class range and a lot of extras. Instead of complaining about the price, traffic or something else, we should give them a round of applause for giving us another place to shoot.

Now more then ever, we should help each other out. Whether it's going to a new range to help them get a little extra cash flow or a different LGS to buy a box of ammo or cleaning supplies. Lets show the antis that we stick together :-)

Plain and simple like the old saying goes, you can't make everyone happy. People will always **** about something. Anthony and the group put together a 1st class range and a lot of extras. Instead of complaining about the price, traffic or something else, we should give them a round of applause for giving us another place to shoot.

Anthony and crew treat you like family! Did I have to join? no! but did I?? yes!

I came to Anthony & GFH once I decided I wanted to learn to shoot a gun. The way I was treated from the 1st trigger pull until now, they will always have my support.

The range is incredible and the atmosphere is great. =totally top notch! :good:

Typos courtesy Apple...

Sounds like everybody was asleep that early in the morning, lol!

Here's one for ya:

While Match Directing and RO-ing I notice out of the corner of my eye someone having to do a "Tap-Rack-Bang" with their .45 ACP 1911. After the third new round gets chambered, I saw a new, cased round fall out the muzzle of the 1911, and immediately yelled for a Cease Fire! Upon further inspection, I determined that the shooter had loaded his single-stack .45 mag with .40 Smith and Wesson AND .45ACP, and that LIVE CASED ROUNDS WERE DRIPPING OUT OF THE MUZZLE! Just one .45 behind two live .40's and he (and the rest of us there) would be very surprised if he had a hand left.

And that is why most NRA Instructors don't like folks coming to the range with a zip-lock (the ol' Bag-O-Bullets) full of rounds, and prefer that the rounds come out of some sort of caliber-specific box, even if reloaded by the shooter.

And now we continue with a great thread about great people operating a great range after a very great investment, thereby pissing-off the nay-sayers, wanna-be's and hidden Anti's among us, lol!

Dave

Yup you need to be careful. I was at the range a week or two ago using both my .40 cal Glock G22 and my .45 cal 1911. I asked the RO to check something out with my 1911 and he asked if it was ok for him to fire a couple of rounds. I said no problem. He took the weapon and proceeded to grab a few rounds and I shouted NO NO NO!!! He looked at me with a very strange look, then I told him why. He assured me he would have realized it when he put them in the mag. The moral of the story is that even though you know how you have your stuff laying there make sure you tell another person if they are sharing the port with you.

Yup you need to be careful. I was at the range a week or two ago using both my .40 cal Glock G22 and my .45 cal 1911. I asked the RO to check something out with my 1911 and he asked if it was ok for him to fire a couple of rounds. I said no problem. He took the weapon and proceeded to grab a few rounds and I shouted NO NO NO!!! He looked at me with a very strange look, then I told him why.

And that's why when shooting multiple guns with different calibers I only have one gun out with its respective ammo. Once I done with that gun, it goes back to the bag with the leftover ammo and a new one comes out.

I don't think I could mix my ammo. Maybe it is a good thing as I get older that my spread of calibers is so big:

30-06

22WMR

9x19

380Auto

22LR

12 Gauge

When I start dropping 22LR into my Winchester or loading .380 Auto into my Glock 19, I would hope to notice. If not, time to pack it all in.

What would be the best time for Gold members to go on the Weekend, to have the shortest wait time?

You should automatically be put up to the 2nd spot in the queue as a Gold member whenever you walk in. So I can't imagine your wait would ever be that bad, unless a ton of Gold and Platinum members happen to be at the range that day

Made it to the range again around 1030am. This makes 3 days in a row.. woo hoo! I had mad fun.....

Going tonight around 6PM to shoot the AR15 at the 50yd range along with the 460SW Perf center revolver. Its my 3rd day in a row as well but did not shoot the first day.

Been going around 0830 and I'm usually alone. 2nd day in row. Brought my Benelli M4 Shotgun today to do some more breaking in... Such a dream to shoot that thing. It's almost like it has auto targetting. All on paper on the bad guy. He dead fer sure. ;)

Made it to the range again around 1030am. This makes 3 days in a row.. woo hoo! I had mad fun.....

I made it over there yesterday, a little after 4:00, and the place was mostly empty. I was coming from an all day class in Parsippany, so I only had long guns with me, per NJ law.

Had some fun at the 50 yard range, blasting away with my Mossberg 590 A1, a couple of .22 rifles, and my AR. Felt bad for a little kid in there, who appeared to get upset about the booms from the SG and AR. Luckily for him, I could not afford to shoot much buckshot or .223, so I was mostly popping away with my 15-22 and 10/22.

It truly is a great place to shoot, and quite conveniently located for me. My only minor disappointment was that when we took the tour there were steel targets out there, and I was really looking forward to taking a break from putting holes in paper. Unfortunately, they were not out yesterday. Hope they have them back on the range soon.

Oh, one funny story: I was fortunate enough to get a parking space in front of the building. As I was taking four long guns, a can of ammo, and a few other things out of my car, a guy driving buy asked me, "Is that the range there?" I wanted to tell him, "No, it's a bank, and I plan on holding it up." But instead, I just smiled and said, "Yes it is."

So I went to the range to day and I must say I'm impressed! As soon as you walk in the door your greeted and helped right away. In the actual range their is plenty of room to move around and set up your equipment. The targets are also brand new, you can actually set the distance for the target on a touch pad in the port. I went with my brother to check it out and we both were very impressed! It is a little pricy but for a range that will be open 99% of the year with a true 25/50 yd range it could be worth getting a membership in time.

Still no ammo sales yet....dam nj with the ffl

So I went to the range to day and I must say I'm impressed! As soon as you walk in the door your greeted and helped right away. In the actual range their is plenty of room to move around and set up your equipment. The targets are also brand new, you can actually set the distance for the target on a touch pad in the port. I went with my brother to check it out and we both were very impressed! It is a little pricy but for a range that will be open 99% of the year with a true 25/50 yd range it could be worth getting a membership in time.

Still no ammo sales yet....dam nj with the ffl

They sell ammo at Ottomanelli's next door.

They sell ammo at Ottomanelli's next door.

i did not have time to check. do they have any 22lr, 9mm, 45acp, .223/5.56 in stock? or any reloading supplies mainly cci 400 small rifle primers and .224 55gr heads?

You should know better not to ask that question by now. Even if they did, it goes out as fast as it gets in. You have to be diligent and fast nowadays... Call...

i did not have time to check. do they have any 22lr, 9mm, 45acp, .223/5.56 in stock? or any reloading supplies mainly cci 400 small rifle primers and .224 55gr heads?

Typos courtesy Apple...

I didnt go into the store but my friend had to buy ammo for the AR15. They had 223 and 5.56 NATO last night. Dont think it will be around too long with the weekend coming up and everyone wanting to try out the new range. Hopefully they limit the amount of ammo you can buy at one time so people get a chance to shoot at the range instead of people coming in and buying large quantities to store in their stash and horde.

My brother called today to tell me he was picking up his pistol next door at Ottomanellis and asked if I wanted to meet him and test it out. Hmm.. go to gym or hit the range? Lemme think about that.... range! 4th day in a row.. OH YEAH..... Also ran into Dan and his son who I met here on the forums. As always, nothing but good folks and a great time. This range rocks!

Frank, related to a Ross Rizzo?

My brother called today to tell me he was picking up his pistol next door at Ottomanellis and asked if I wanted to meet him and test it out. Hmm.. go to gym or hit the range? Lemme think about that.... range! 4th day in a row.. OH YEAH..... Also ran into Dan and his son who I met here on the forums. As always, nothing but good folks and a great time. This range rocks!

My buddy and I went there to shoot for the first time yesterday. Let me tell you what a pleasure. Range Officer was friendly and nice to have a conversation with. When I got there (around 4:00 pm 1600hrs) there was only 2 other people on the line. They weren't there for long and we had the whole range to ourselves for about 45 minutes. They still are not selling ammo yet, waiting for their FFL, but you can go next door to Ottominelli's or bring your own. This place is top notch, I highly recommend it. Check it out if you get a chance.

Go to shoot here this afternoon for the first time around 3:30. There were people in 4-5 lanes on the 25 yard range while I was there. All around a great experience, glad I got my membership.

One word of caution however: be careful in the back parking lot when the body shop behind the range is open. I was about to pass the body shop driveway to pull into a parking spot when an SUV came flying out of the shop in reverse without looking. He nearly took the front end of my car off! That of course in no way reflects on the range, just a word of warning.