Barms

Woodland Park Range

On the way!

Is GFH/WP still waiting for the license???? Sounds like the judge is still on vaca! lol

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Is GFH/WP still waiting for the license???? Sounds like the judge is still on vaca! lol

Monday at 10 am ammo sales for range use is on! Rentals are awaiting ATF approval they inspected today at 2 pm.

He has about 60 so far and they are all Ruger 22s....

When do we get to see the rental gun list

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Gunforhire, we don't have a lot of choices for 5.45x39, would surplus 7N6 be allowed in Woodland Park range? 

Some other ranges have similar ammo rules, but allow 7N6 simply because there is no "politcorrect" ammo in this caliber. 

If not, what ammo in this caliber is allowed and is it available for sale at the range? 

Thanks

Gunforhire, we don't have a lot of choices for 5.45x39, would surplus 7N6 be allowed in Woodland Park range? 

Some other ranges have similar ammo rules, but allow 7N6 simply because there is no "politcorrect" ammo in this caliber. 

If not, what ammo in this caliber is allowed and is it available for sale at the range? 

Thanks

no sir,
This round, will penetrate 5/8" mild armor plate out too 300 meters (330 yards).

no sir,

This round, will penetrate 5/8" mild armor plate out too 300 meters (330 yards).

I honestly doubt that ( tests show it doesn't penetrate 3/8 steel at 200 yards   youtube.com/watch?v=MmVZE86lb7g ) but I understand your caution. 

Would commercial Silver Bear be OK? It doesn't have steel core but I think it's bi-metal. 

^^^^^This is why some Indoor Ranges make you shoot only ammo you BUY at the Range.........

Would you point me to a range that actually sells 5.45x39? Haven't seen one yet in Northern NJ. 

In Bullet Hole guys said they don't know this caliber at all. 

It looks like the surplus stuff is steel core.  I wouldn't want people shooting it in my range either.  But this stuff here...http://www.ammunitionstore.com/products/5-45x39mm-ammo-60gr-fmj-wolf-wpa-polyformance-30-round-box.html  looks to be FMJ and no mention of steel except the case.

It looks like the surplus stuff is steel core.  I wouldn't want people shooting it in my range either.  But this stuff here...http://www.ammunitionstore.com/products/5-45x39mm-ammo-60gr-fmj-wolf-wpa-polyformance-30-round-box.html  looks to be FMJ and no mention of steel except the case.

Yes, all Russian commercial 5.45x39 ammo is about the same, I'm talking about Silver Bear (what I have), about same thing but believed to be a bit better quality/more accurate. I know for sure there is no steel core - it's hunting ammo. 

Anthony,

Is there an online list of the firearms rentals? I do not see one here:

http://gunforhire.com/firearm-rentals/

Maybe we could get a quick synopsis.....

At a minimum I hope there will be a p226r in 9mm and a decent quality ar15. And really wish a p239 in 9mm made the list and a j frame but they would be less NJ practical. Anything else would be icing for me

Anthony, 

Is there an online list of the firearms rentals?  I do not see one here: 

http://gunforhire.com/firearm-rentals/

Maybe we could get a quick synopsis.....

My guy Charlie is working on the list now. We will list online the gun/model/type/cal/ and for some a little history and where it was used for a little backdrop. This will be followed in a few weeks with pictures. 

Hey Anthony, what 7.62x39 ammo is acceptable to use in the range?

Is golden tiger or herter's okay to shoot there?  I know milsurp is a big no-no since it's usually steel core, but any other cheaper alternatives okay?

Hey Anthony, what 7.62x39 ammo is acceptable to use in the range?

Is golden tiger or herter's okay to shoot there?  I know milsurp is a big no-no since it's usually steel core, but any other cheaper alternatives okay?

Until the ammo shortages subside you can shoot andy steel ammo at our range.