Barms

Woodland Park Range

Can't say enough good things about the range or staff. Only complaint which happened today was my fiancé and I were shooting a .22 and right next to is some guys were shooting what looked to be a SBR in 7.62. Didn't make for an enjoyable range experience for her

Next time I would just ask to be moved to a different port or see if you can wait until that person leaves to complete your session. I'm sure they won't have a problem accommodating your request. Those guys are always bending over backwards to please the customer.

I attended NRA basic rifle training class yesterday. Had a blast at the range. 

Thanks Jimmy for your guidance.

It was so much fun, I rented an AR15 after the training was done just to refine my skills even more.

Last time I was there was on Wednesday 5/21 to rent an AK47 as it was his first time at this range.  He was amazed by the professionalism and how clean it is. 

The place was PACKED!  we had to wait 30 minutes before a port was available at the 25 yard range with ladies waiting in line to get a chance to practice. 

Maybe there is hope in NJ for a culture change. 

2nd trip back to Woodland Park Range for me and 3rd time back for my NJ resident friend. Had another nice relaxing hour of fun and safe shooting. There was a mix up with the pistol we rented - we rented a M&P Shield chambered in 9mm but when we got to the point, we had a Glock 19, it was a 9mm and we had ammo for it, so we started shooting it. 10 rounds into shooting, an RSO came over and said they made a mistake and brought us over an M&P (not Shield) 9. Again, we didn't care, we were there to work on squeezing the trigger without jerking or pulling the gun. 90 rounds later, another RSO came over and said they made a mistake again and finally brought over the M&P Shield 9. We didn't realize the Shield has a short grip (good for carry) and couldn't get a solid grip like we did with the full bodied Glock and M&P. Anyway, we didn't mind the mixup since we basically got three rentals for the price of one, and my friend knows he wants a pistol with a full grip.

PS. This post is not meant as a bash on the Shield line of pistols. I'm just used to being able to get all three fingers on the grip. I think you can put a rubber bumper extender on the mag to achieve that?

... my friend knows he wants a pistol with a full grip.PS. This post is not meant as a bash on the Shield line of pistols. I'm just used to being able to get all three fingers on the grip. I think you can put a rubber bumper extender on the mag to achieve that?

S&W does make an extend mag for the Shield. But if you are not going to carry it, stick with the full size M&P.

S&W does make an extend mag for the Shield. But if you are not going to carry it, stick with the full size M&P.

Are you talking about the 8rnd mags? I have several of them and like them. If they make 10rnd mags for the Shield, even better. :)

Is it true that you are introducting a new membership category between Gold and Platinum that eliminates the need to pay for paper targets and range time but still gives Platimum members priority?

I always have a good experience at GFH at the Woodland Park Range.  I'm not playing favorites with this post as everyone (and I mean everyone) working at the range has been great.  I received a phone call from Charlie about a week ago that my handgun was ready for pick up.  Tonight, I went in to pick up my transfer and struck up a conversation with Alex and Mike K at the counter while I waited for the background check to clear.  Big ups to the two of them keeping both my girlfriend and I company while we waited.  Again, the staff is always a pleasure to deal with and I can't wait to burn up another permit soon haha.

Another great night there last night Brought my family and another family. The women and kids were part of the SAW meet up while I shared another port with other father. 

He loved that he could shoot just about all his guns there.  The parents from the other family already want to go back for just an adult range time, so I think we made have found a few more to go to the range with.

Also Anthony is looking good. He seems to be doing better the our gov on the weight lost dept. Keep up the good work.

I wonder when will the discount code for being a member of ANJRPC work on the gunforhire.com website as I still get "code does not exist!" error after apply it???

Someone is not doing their QA testing at all there.