Barms

Woodland Park Range

Yes there is a 10% discount code for ANJRPC members but here seems to be a problem on the web side. It will be fixed but if you show your card at a class we refund the discount then.

ANt

Danka for the clarification... :)

Had an hour wait today so I went to the cafe. Had the 6$ Grilled chicken sandwich and coffee. The sandwich was large and tasted great. Bread was fresh. Well worth the delay for the port.

Soon after, caused major curiosity with my carbon 15 pistol's concussive blast. I have a blast every time I go.

Yesterday was a day which should have ended with a few wrinkles and white hairs on my part.  It was my friend's birthday and we initially intended on going to the range as a walk on group since we only had 10 confirmed a couple of hours before our agreed upon time.  As I was driving to the range, I received a text from my friend's girlfriend stating we had 16 to 18 confirmed people.  I thought to myself that it would have been nice to be informed of this much earlier. Knowing how busy the range can become at times, doom and gloom started to take its hold on me.  I admit, I was not in the greatest mood at the time fearing we would not be able to accommodate everyone.

However, Anthony and his staff at the range never fail to please and found a way to accommodate my rather large group of first time shooters.  Alex has always been a great resource and is always willing to chat with me when I go on my own.  He was very quick to find a solution which put me at ease.  Anthony stopped by and as a gracious host, put everyone at ease. Everyone had a great and safe time at the range and I was able to accomplish a couple of objectives:

1. Throw an unforgettable birthday for my friend

2. Convert a few people who were on the fence in regards to firearms

So once again, much thanks goes to Anthony, Alex, Ken, and the rest of the GFH crew who were there.  You all are the best and thanks for your patience!

Joined Woodland Park today, mostly based on the great comments in this forum.

Crazy day to join, because it was jam-packed with people on spring break.  I must say that even though it was chaotic, the staff was professional and helpful, and my wait to use the range was not too bad at all.

Looking forward to calmer days at the range!

Joined Woodland Park today, mostly based on the great comments in this forum.

Crazy day to join, because it was jam-packed with people on spring break.  I must say that even though it was chaotic, the staff was professional and helpful, and my wait to use the range was not too bad at all.

Looking forward to calmer days at the range!

Thank You Sage, 

Perfect storm today, rain - break in Passover - and Spring break. We appreciate your support.

Anthony

Yesterday was a day which should have ended with a few wrinkles and white hairs on my part.  It was my friend's birthday and we initially intended on going to the range as a walk on group since we only had 10 confirmed a couple of hours before our agreed upon time.  As I was driving to the range, I received a text from my friend's girlfriend stating we had 16 to 18 confirmed people.  I thought to myself that it would have been nice to be informed of this much earlier. Knowing how busy the range can become at times, doom and gloom started to take its hold on me.  I admit, I was not in the greatest mood at the time fearing we would not be able to accommodate everyone.

However, Anthony and his staff at the range never fail to please and found a way to accommodate my rather large group of first time shooters.  Alex has always been a great resource and is always willing to chat with me when I go on my own.  He was very quick to find a solution which put me at ease.  Anthony stopped by and as a gracious host, put everyone at ease. Everyone had a great and safe time at the range and I was able to accomplish a couple of objectives:

1. Throw an unforgettable birthday for my friend

2. Convert a few people who were on the fence in regards to firearms

So once again, much thanks goes to Anthony, Alex, Ken, and the rest of the GFH crew who were there.  You all are the best and thanks for your patience!

You killed us that night! LOL 

Ant

I was there on Friday. It was absolutely packed. I wanted to get on the 50 yard range to sight in a new scope on my rifle (the only reason I really went there) but they were only letting members in. Waited almost an hour for the 25 yard. I knew it would be crowded since most people had the day off but I've never seen it that busy.

I've been there numerous times before but not in the last year or so.

Ya know I was pretty impressed with myself for never clicking into the "pork roll or Taylor ham" thread ( amongst other multi page threads I don't bother getting sucked into). But the Pork Roll Canteen? Let the controversy begin. Some people might cancel membership!

Ya know I was pretty impressed with myself for never clicking into the "pork roll or Taylor ham" thread ( amongst other multi page threads I don't bother getting sucked into). But the Pork Roll Canteen? Let the controversy begin. Some people might cancel membership!

I let it go because the guys in there make a killer hot dog!

I'm lucky to have GFH in less than 10 miles from home.  Go there as often as I can afford, with my wife or with my son.  Wife is currently too busy and son is far away in USAF, so now I'm mostly alone.  Renting often, trying different handguns.  Typically to confirm again and again that my own guns are the best, at least for me.  Well, I didn't rent them all yet... :)

The only problem is parking.  Well, looks like it will be resolved very soon - the range is closed for a few days starting Monday, April 20, and one of the reasons, as email says, parking expansion.  There will be something else, looking forward to checking out soon. :vinsent:

I'm lucky to have GFH in less than 10 miles from home. Go there as often as I can afford, with my wife or with my son. Wife is currently too busy and son is far away in USAF, so now I'm mostly alone. Renting often, trying different handguns. Typically to confirm again and again that my own guns are the best, at least for me. Well, I didn't rent them all yet... :)

The only problem is parking. Well, looks like it will be resolved very soon - the range is closed for a few days starting Monday, April 20, and one of the reasons, as email says, parking expansion. There will be something else, looking forward to checking out soon. :vinsent:

They bought the building next door and are expanding. Hence more parking spaces too.

I'm planning to stop in there this afternoon so I'll try to get an explanation and post it here.

I'm eager to hear as well.  Haven't been there in a few weeks, so I'll await your report.

I must say that Anthony spares no expense to provide an outstanding experience at his range.  

The air handlers couldn't take all the business. Guessing they were overworked. So heavier duty stuff installed. Also, believe property owner is remodeling the casket place and screen door place, (supposedly moving out), to add another 30k sqft. Offices and stuff too. Store should be getting extra space for storage, docks, etc... No exact details but maybe Anthony will chime in with better details.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Correct John 

You really cannot see the upgrades yet. The backstops are ALL new and more efficient at trapping bullets, etc, etc. As well as a revised air handler that was just introduced this year. We will be creating 50 more spots, increasing weekend hours, and expanding 30,000 sq ft more next door and connecting the buildings with a breezeway. As far as what is coming in the new area......................no comment yet but if ya know me then ya know it will be good.

Thanks

Anthony

I was there earlier today. There were some guys still working on the backstop for the 50 yard. As was mentioned earlier, it looks like it was back end improvements to keep the range in great working order.

Anthony and the gang do a great job making sure shooters (novice and experienced) have a great time at the range.

It would be great to get some targets to shoot at that go "TWANG" when you hit them.  Shooting paper sure gets old fast...

They have that. Search their site for steel nights. It's not sustainable to make that available to the gen pub.

Correct John 

You really cannot see the upgrades yet. The backstops are ALL new and more efficient at trapping bullets, etc, etc. As well as a revised air handler that was just introduced this year. We will be creating 50 more spots, increasing weekend hours, and expanding 30,000 sq ft more next door and connecting the buildings with a breezeway. As far as what is coming in the new area......................no comment yet but if ya know me then ya know it will be good.

Thanks

Anthony

Please let it be a cigar and scotch lounge......please.

I think my wife got converted yesterday or at least she became neutral to 2A.

She finally said she wants to go to the range and since her brother is getting into it, she felt more comfortable coming. 

The beginning wasn't easy as all port (except the one we got) were busy and it sounded like a war zone there since we had rifles and shotguns on both sides.  And this is on MONDAY!!! ( I suggest opening another range, maybe somewhere in Kearny area????  if finances allow this) 

I could see she wanted to split from there but I beg there not to go and that it will clear up.  Eventually, within 15/20 mins, folks started to retreat and it got more quite there.

She enjoyed the Ruger 22lr and got comfortable with it. 

At the end she said she had fun...  She really liked the cleanliness and professionalism at the range.  

Remember, she's Peruvian and she was totally ANTI-2a.   

Next person to convert/neutralize is my father in law.