Barms

Woodland Park Range

The beginning wasn't easy as all port (except the one we got) were busy and it sounded like a war zone there since we had rifles and shotguns on both sides.  And this is on MONDAY!!! ( I suggest opening another range, maybe somewhere in Kearny area????  if finances allow this) 

I too was surprised at how crowded it was on a Monday night, but I think GFH entertains a local club regularly on Monday evenings.  However, once they're done with their meetup it seems to "calm back down".  Please understand I am in no way disparaging either the local club or the idea of having them meet on a relatively quiet evening, I think it's a fantastic business decision actually...

My wife, daughter and son are all going to take an intro to handguns course at GFH. I want them to have the best experience possible and think this is probably the best place to go.

No anti's in our crew. Wife is maybe neutral. Daughter though...she is pro 2A. Her last paper in school was on how our 2A rights should not be infringed....and why. She's a sophomore in HS. Surprised I didn't get a call. Loved that she chose that on her own.

I think my wife got converted yesterday or at least she became neutral to 2A.

She finally said she wants to go to the range and since her brother is getting into it, she felt more comfortable coming.

The beginning wasn't easy as all port (except the one we got) were busy and it sounded like a war zone there since we had rifles and shotguns on both sides. And this is on MONDAY!!! ( I suggest opening another range, maybe somewhere in Kearny area???? if finances allow this)

I could see she wanted to split from there but I beg there not to go and that it will clear up. Eventually, within 15/20 mins, folks started to retreat and it got more quite there.

She enjoyed the Ruger 22lr and got comfortable with it.

At the end she said she had fun... She really liked the cleanliness and professionalism at the range.

Remember, she's Peruvian and she was totally ANTI-2a.

Next person to convert/neutralize is my father in law.

Open a range in SOUTH KEARNY!! Lots of open space and BIG vacant warehouses and no residential housing!!!

I got an idea....

Just signed up for the silver membership today and used my first free rental for an M1A.  Pretty excited to try out a bunch of guns I've never shot before

Question though... I got my membership card, pin, and (3) gift card passes wrapped up in a rubber band.

Are the (3) guest passes mentioned on the website supposed to be given to me as a card as well?  I didn't realize this until I got home.

Hoping I didn't get burned after spending 300 bucks lol

Just signed up for the silver membership today and used my first free rental for an M1A.  Pretty excited to try out a bunch of guns I've never shot before

Question though... I got my membership card, pin, and (3) gift card passes wrapped up in a rubber band.

Are the (3) guest passes mentioned on the website supposed to be given to me as a card as well?  I didn't realize this until I got home.

They're on your account. No physical pass.

Just signed up for the silver membership today and used my first free rental for an M1A. Pretty excited to try out a bunch of guns I've never shot before

Are the (3) guest passes mentioned on the website supposed to be given to me as a card as well? I didn't realize this until I got home.

You get the following with a Silver Membership:

3 Gift Passes (cards)

3 Guest Passes (kept track on the computer, under your account)

The Gift Passes are good for a free port for Non Members, friends that you give them too. You can also use them if you use all 3 Guest passes, as a "guest pass"...

The Guest pass (on your account), are good for guests that share your port with you.

You get the following with a Silver Membership:

3 Gift Passes (cards)

3 Guest Passes (kept track on the computer, under your account)

The Gift Passes are good for a free port for Non Members, friends that you give them too. You can also use them if you use all 3 Guest passes, as a "guest pass"...

The Guest pass (on your account), are good for guests that share your port with you.

Also you get 12 free rentals anytime. Have to pay for the ammo of course.

Been to the range several times, but never purchased ammo.

Considered doing a couple of rentals, just haven't gotten around to it.

Will also be joining in the future to force me to hit the range more often, at least to get to the break even point.

Out of curiosity, what is not TOO bad, say for 9mm.  We all know what standard price is at the LGS, I'd expect a few of bucks over those prices for members, a bit more for non.

I'd just hope that its not like a $10 bucket of popcorn at the movies.

Guess I can always ask next time I stop in, but I can't be the only one wondering.

I don't remember exactly but I think it was around 14/box for 9mm for members. A few bucks more than bulk...not terrible.

.308 was expensive though.. When I rented an m1a it cost 22/box for pmc.

I don't remember exactly, but we paid close to 30 bucks for a box of 50rd federal AE .45acp and 20bucks for 20rd PMC 5.56

My Jaw hit the floor, but it was my b-day and i wasn't paying! lol. I also brought close to 400 various rounds with me and a bunch of guns for us all to use. I buy bulk and also reload so im always shit face shocked when i see store prices.But we had so much ammo no one cared paying for a few boxes to rent.

love this place but it kills me bringing the gf. 20 bux for a box of .22 CCI minimags always kills me. three trips for the two of us and i could have already bought a dedicated or conversion slide .22.

GFH- it would be awesome if you offered a membership where it was free to rent a lane for free like RTSP does!

love this place but it kills me bringing the gf. 20 bux for a box of .22 CCI minimags always kills me. three trips for the two of us and i could have already bought a dedicated or conversion slide .22.

GFH- it would be awesome if you offered a membership where it was free to rent a lane for free like RTSP does!

Thank you - we are still selling that ammo at the crappy price we purchased it at 11 more skids to go! Once we bring in new reasonable priced ammo it will drop accordingly. I am not familiar with the RTSP model, our has been well thought out to be fair as possible. Ant 

My membership at WPR/GFH includes all the free range time I want.

that platinum membership though! 

I'm not sure if you remember me from when we met a few years back

(i bought your Remington 700 at CR)

Thank you - we are still selling that ammo at the crappy price we purchased it at 11 more skids to go! Once we bring in new reasonable priced ammo it will drop accordingly. I am not familiar with the RTSP model, our has been well thought out to be fair as possible. Ant 

Glad to hear that the ammo prices will drop soon! Anthony, I have to give it to you that every time I'm at your range I see you walking around and talking with customers. That and I'm extremely impressed with how active you are on this forum!

My modest review of GFH -

Positives-

Very clean and modern

50 yard indoor range is nice

Relatively close to me (I live in Mahwah)

Friendly staff, everyone was extremely pleasant

There seem to be numerous new shooters here which im always happy to see

Negatives-

The wait...oh lord the wait... I went on a Saturday and waited close to 2 hours. Could have just driven down to Range-14 in that time (which was my first choice)

Price

I made 3 kids on a Boy's Scout trip cry by accident.  The concussion scared them. =/  Thats on me though lol

For me GFH is not the right fit.  If it were the only range in my area though I would certainly have no qualms (apart from the wait) going here as it is a super clean and friendly environment.  Always glad to see more options out there for NJ shooters !  I will continue to go to The Bullethole though for my pistol shooting and take the hike out to Range 14 for rifle.  Shooting rifle indoors is not really that enjoyable imo, but im glad GFH has a 50 yd range for people who cannot afford to take half a day to trek out to some of the other ranges.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gunforhire said:

WAIT TILL YOU SEE WHAT I HAVE PLANNED.........

I heard Jimmy will be valeting for platinum members.  Any truth to that?