Barms

Woodland Park Range

Well, I can vouch that while taking the tour, one of the instructors specifically told the whole group public walk ins would be allowed after the initial 1200 sellout. After that, they would create a wait list and allow small batches of additional members to join(while still allowing walk ins) but that the ultimate goal was to gauge the "sweet spot" of memberships and take it fully private..that was the story both at the tour and upon a second visit as well. I don't think people are spreading rumors, they are just reiterating variations of this logic

Thanks for posting, dude.

Or what I was told. Specifically. No variation. I was there on the first day. If it evolved, it was unknown to me.

Lets get this straight right now! Anthony told me the range is open to the public anytime it's open even after memberships are sold out!!! Verify for yourself and stop starting stupid rumors

God damn some of you just can't help yourselves. A little civility goes a long way. Even on a gun forum.

Almost forgot...

I raise you a righteously indignant exclamation point!!

Geez.

Wife road past about 1745 today and said it was packed! No parking up front and along the side. Ant, better warn them about the fire lane. Town can be cranky.. ;)

Socom, stop getting frustrated and just let it go. Not worth it. :) For what it's worth, I heard both sides and frankly don't care because I joined. I did that by reading the web site first and then going for the tour and joining. We shouldn't be expected to hold people's hands. I've said this numerous times in many threads. Call or go and learn... What everybody needs to stop doing here is acting like employees that know all. Better off letting Anthony or the Staff depict the facts.

And it's not just in this thread. People are too lazy to call, go and shop and expect intel from everyone else. Then they get cranky when they don't hear the answers they expect. So I will cease from now on and not let anyone know anything I learn about if this crap can't stop and while I know a lot of you could give a ratz arse what I do or say, you still need a reality check! In this world of technology, you still can't find a media to use to get info? For crying out loud! Get with it! :facepalm:

Lets get this straight right now! Anthony told me the range is open to the public anytime it's open even after memberships are sold out!!! Verify for yourself and stop starting stupid rumors

Well, I can vouch that while taking the tour, one of the instructors specifically told the whole group public walk ins would be allowed after the initial 1200 sellout. After that, they would create a wait list and allow small batches of additional members to join(while still allowing walk ins) but that the ultimate goal was to gauge the "sweet spot" of memberships and take it fully private..that was the story both at the tour and upon a second visit as well. I don't think people are spreading rumors, they are just reiterating variations of this logic

Thanks for posting, dude.

I was there first day two weeks ago and was told this. If it evolved, I was not aware.

Bottom line, real nice place, go see for yourselves.

And now we return to our regularly scheduled program;

Any members that live in Woodland Park, please send a note to the the Mayor of Woodland Park telling him what a wonderful addition the range is to the Borough. It seems that the approvals were all done under the previous administration and the new administration has not yet warmed to the idea.

Mayor Keith Kazmark

BOROUGH OF

WOODLAND PARK

Municipal Building

5 Brophy Lane

Woodland Park, NJ

07424-2752

or Send E-mail to:

[email protected]

The mayor is on bloomfucks maig group. I saw from the pictures that former mayor Lepore was at the ribbon cutting, and so was the Chief.

If he made it a point to not be at the ribbon cutting, letters won't do any good. But I will write just to see what he says.

Yep, he's on he mayors list. I tried convincing him including members of the pd. He won't budge. While I wasn't a fan of LePore, I hate to say he was a tad better.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Like the mayor would rather have an empty furniture warehouse in that building? He should be praising any business in there.. And especially a state of the art training facility

These guys would rather have an empty furniture warehouse not paying taxes. It's stupid sad.

I don't quite understand the above argument..but I hope what I said is not what inspired it. i was not trying to sound like a dick, just was confirming that what I heard is what some other people had heard as well. Wasn't trying to speak for the employees, was just trying to help someone asking a question.

The place is phenomenal. Broke in the new membership card, got to know some of the staff, and played with some new toys. Everyone was in great spirits. As someone else said, the ventilation was such that you never were breathing lead. You can feel the air actually blowing past you keeping everything moving. I will without a doubt be there every chance I get. Looking forward to making new friends.

Just got back from the range. Great experience overall. Everything is well planned out.

Really liked the target movers. Shooting at 25 yards: On the return, the target flies back real fast then slows down the last couple yards before returning fully home. Very slick. The remote for the target mover is easy to use and versatile as well. You can even flip your target to the opposite side with the touch of a button. Range officer Mike was very helpful and courteous giving me the 2 minute tutorial on how to use the remote.

The ports are very wide so you have room to move around. Easily fit two people side by side. The ledge where you lay your gun and ammo is on the low side to accommodate people who want to shoot while seated. Lighting is excellent and the light over the port has a dimmer switch. Lots of room in back of the ports for people walking back and forth or waiting to shoot. Cubby hole for each port holds targets, jacket, and range bag so no need to clutter up the floor space. Its ok to collect your own brass but they want you to mark it (ie sharpie marker with a line or X on the case head) so if the guy next to you is collecting his brass in the same caliber then you dont end up arm wrestling for it.

Cant wait to test out the 50 yard range with my friend and try out the AR15 I built him. Should be a blast.

So $280 bucks for the lowest membership. You would have to go 28 times in a year just to break even vs paying $25/hour non member rate?

That's my point as well. Maybe it's just me but I find it surprising that that many people are fine with that price. It's not that can't afford a $300 - $500 a year membership I just can't justify it to myself. I would never go enough. I realize not everyone has the same schedule or pocketbook but I don't think people realize how often you need to go to make it worth it. Just my opinion obviously enough people think different. Good luck with the new facility maybe ill try it out one day.

By all means... Justify the cost to your own lifestyle. I agree.... Don't go much, then a membership may not be for you. But pay $25 walk in once a month and you are already at $300.... Then add in the range time with the silver, then tack on another couple hundred bux. If you go more than that, you may save. But if not, you won't.... But you'll be missing out on Anthony giving you lap dances. Not to mention free gift passes, guest passes and good discounts on ammo... :)

Not to worry.... The less of you that join, the easier it is to get immediate range time.

Oh, and I was the only one there this morning between 8-9... Was great!

Shot my HK USP 40 and had fun. But that's just me... ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

That's my point as well. Maybe it's just me but I find it surprising that that many people are fine with that price. It's not that can't afford a $300 - $500 a year membership I just can't justify it to myself. I would never go enough. I realize not everyone has the same schedule or pocketbook but I don't think people realize how often you need to go to make it worth it. Just my opinion obviously enough people think different. Good luck with the new facility maybe ill try it out one day.

I see it this way...just like those flying business or premium class, there is a market for a premium range and all it's perks. You and I may look at the amount of visits it takes for it to pay for itself but there are those in our community who value the exclusivity, service,novel newness and has the resources to pay for it.

The owners saw a niche market that was not serviced and had the money,patience and balls to fill it. Will it be private,public or priced out of the market? only time will tell but for right now it appeared to be a success simply because it offers a certain level that some are willing to pay for.

That being said...just wait when one of those premium members feels slighted in the least, maybe had to wait for his lane,espresso had no crema,didn't get a place at the hot event or wasn't greeted by his first name on a busy Saturday afternoon...I can guarantee you we'll hear about it in all it's exaggerated detail while the rest of us gloat. Starting a business catering to a premium customer is expensive and tough,maintaining that level of service is even tougher...

The owners saw a niche market that was not serviced and had the money,patience and balls to fill it.

That being said...just wait when one of those premium members feels slighted in the least, maybe had to wait for his lane,espresso had no crema...

...I can guarantee you we'll hear about it in all it's exaggerated detail ... a business catering to a premium customer is expensive and tough,maintaining that level of service is even tougher...

Absolutely correct. Well said.

Not for everybody. But I guess that's the point of the thing...

Just wait till people have to deal with the god-awful traffic there. Don't even think of going there around 5pm on a weekday in that traffic.

If they can keep people from parking in the side driveway and keep the back exit open, it shouldn't be too bad.

can someone PM me the price of 9mm, if avail at the range?

i wanna take my neighbor as a guest, but he needs to pay for HIS own ammo! I will let him use my tools. :onthequiet:

There will be no ammo for sale until their FFL comes through. Maybe a few weeks.

can someone PM me the price of 9mm, if avail at the range?

i wanna take my neighbor as a guest, but he needs to pay for HIS own ammo! I will let him use my tools. :onthequiet:

They can't sell ammo yet so you have to go next door to Ottomanellis and buy it.

Right! And that's what will separate the ones that will appreciate it. It's not like people didn't know any of this before joining. The rules were posted, questions were asked more than once. I fail to understand why people are still crabbing and elaborating on this.

Like I say, you don't like go-go bars don't go. Don't like scary movies, don't watch. But by complaining about it still, is asinine. I think what most people complaining think here is that they were slighted, left out of he party, let down by what they felt was or could be right for them. But that is free enterprise. That is our right to choose what's best for us. Nobody twisted my arm to join. But I will say, if I don't think it was my cup of tea after my first year, I will not rejoin. But in any case, I will not belittle, criticize, or biotch and moan about it. I'll just go on my merry way.

And finally, what hell is this bitching about traffic. All highways in any area sux around rush hour. Why should this be a surprise. It's fooking NJ... What the hell you expect?

Seems that no matter where the new range was, somebody will always have a prob. Hell, I don't live close enough for BH, so I don't go. My choice as is yours. So let's stop crabbing. Nothing said will change anything. You want to go, go. If not, STFU! This is getting old big time!

I see it this way...just like those flying business or premium class, there is a market for a premium range and all it's perks. You and I may look at the amount of visits it takes for it to pay for itself but there are those in our community who value the exclusivity, service,novel newness and has the resources to pay for it.

The owners saw a niche market that was not serviced and had the money,patience and balls to fill it. Will it be private,public or priced out of the market? only time will tell but for right now it appeared to be a success simply because it offers a certain level that some are willing to pay for.

That being said...just wait when one of those premium members feels slighted in the least, maybe had to wait for his lane,espresso had no crema,didn't get a place at the hot event or wasn't greeted by his first name on a busy Saturday afternoon...I can guarantee you we'll hear about it in all it's exaggerated detail while the rest of us gloat. Starting a business catering to a premium customer is expensive and tough,maintaining that level of service is even tougher...

Typos courtesy Apple...

I got the silver membership, and I paid around $240 for it, before the opening. The location, above all, was what put me into that direction. It's five minutes from my house and being right off of 46, and next to a gun store, was right for me. The staff seems friendly. I e-mailed them a stupid question and they got back to me immediately. If people want to drink the haterade, that's fine. It won't change my justifications or reasons for going. Is it a little over the top? Sure. But I know, for me, it's money well spent.

The bitching about the traffic is just bitching about the traffic - has nothing to do with that place - just the entire horrible area. The place is very nice and I am sure will do very well, but getting to and from it will be horrible at certain hours, but that is beyond their control. I worked in that area years ago and it would take me half and hour to get there in the morning and well over an hour getting out in the evening. Them be the facts.

Not to worry.... The less of you that join, the easier it is to get immediate range time.

Oh, and I was the only one there this morning between 8-9... Was great!

Shot my HK USP 40 and had fun. But that's just me... ;)

Typos courtesy Apple...

you and I need to become friends..fast. Not just because of the USP.....I'll go halfsies with you on a lapdance from Ant

That's why I said what I said. Jersey sux for traffic no matter where ya go. It is not exclusive to -this- area. It's called 10lbs of poop in a 5lb bag!

I use to work exactly 10 miles from my office in Rutherford. Back in 1981, it took me 10 mins to shoot down Rt3... I watched that increase slowly over 21 years. By time I got laid off in 2001, it took me 40 mins to an hour to go 10 fooking miles.

Again, why should it surprise you. I was a road tech. Traffic always sucked since!

The bitching about the traffic is just bitching about the traffic - has nothing to do with that place - just the entire horrible area. The place is very nice and I am sure will do very well, but getting to and from it will be horrible at certain hours, but that is beyond their control. I worked in that area years ago and it would take me half and hour to get there in the morning and well over an hour getting out in the evening. Them be the facts.

Typos courtesy Apple...

That is just, ewwwww! Yuck! No thanks... Lmao!

Ant, I love ya bro... Not that way though...

:facepalm:

you and I need to become friends..fast. Not just because of the USP.....I'll go halfsies with you on a lapdance from Ant

Typos courtesy Apple...