Barms

Woodland Park Range

My husband and I were there at 8 sharp this morning. Cheerfully greeted with "Sir" and "Ma'am". Filled out the paper work and got two ports next to each other. Range Officers showed us how things worked and were friendly. When we left the ports, Anthony was there and chatted with us a bit - a nice touch!

Really classy, clean, professional business. You owe it to yourself the check it out.

Well done, Anthony! We wish you continued success.

I was there yesterday afternoon. VERY impressed with everything there including the little cafe. Chicken cutlet was delicious and probably weighed 3 lbs.

Ive never had such an experience at an nj range and will definitely be going back soon.

Thank you all for the kind words (including Dan G). We cannot believe the feedback we have been receiving and all happy faces that are a part of the GFH family.

The sandwich was only 3 lbs??? Have to look into that! LOL

He must of got the half sammich... ;)...

Thank you all for the kind words (including Dan G). We cannot believe the feedback we have been receiving and all happy faces that are a part of the GFH family.

The sandwich was only 3 lbs??? Have to look into that! LOL

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

If you complain about the WP gun range's paperwork, I guess you've never been to RTSP.  I had to print out the paperwork ahead time to fill out.. I think around 10 page PDF.  I'm not quite sure if my 1040 tax form or that was easier or quicker to fill out.

If you complain about the WP gun range's paperwork, I guess you've never been to RTSP.  I had to print out the paperwork ahead time to fill out.. I think around 10 page PDF.  I'm not quite sure if my 1040 tax form or that was easier or quicker to fill out.

Really wasn't complaining, just sharing my experience. If still lived in the area, I would probably sign up for a membership at WP.

And yeah, I've seen RTSP's booklet, lol.

Yet other ranges only require, Name,Address,Telephone #,FID # if available and 1 picture ID.

Taking for granted that all public ranges go through the same stringent state oversight and required liability insurance why is some 1/2 a page and others 10?

I'm all for CYA especially in this day and age but the disparity in the amount of personal information some newer establishments require you to divulge in order to buy range time is puzzling.

I stopped by this morning about 10:30 for the first time.  Very nice facility, clean, extremely well thought out and organized.  I interacted with 5 staff members and each one was courteous and professional.  The paper work........... its maybe a full page of name and address type stuff and then about 10 lines to initial, its really not much at all.  Took 5 min, literally. I'm not sure what the issue some have is, we're not talking about taking out library books, we're talking about some potentially dangerous "toys" if used incorrectly, so it only makes sense.  

Ventilation seemed a bit better than some I've experienced, there was no odor of burnt powder, even in my own port after firing off 200rds.  However there was a smell coming from the cafe, and DAMN did it smell good.  I would have stayed for lunch but I was in a hurry, luckily they have Mt. Dew, makes for a great breakfast and lunch all by itself.  

Overall I was pretty impressed, no wait, bright and clean, friendly and informative.  Given the convenient location I don't think you can ask for more for the price(I'm hourly).  Joe

Hi all,

Can someone clarify what this means (found it here)?

"All male renters who are not accompanied by someone will NOT be allowed to rent firearm’s. NO exceptions."

Does this mean that if I go to the range by myself I won't be able to rent a gun? I really don't understand the reasoning here.

Hi all,

Can someone clarify what this means (found it here)?

"All male renters who are not accompanied by someone will NOT be allowed to rent firearm’s. NO exceptions."

Does this mean that if I go to the range by myself I won't be able to rent a gun? I really don't understand the reasoning here.

This is probably the insurance company trying to curb suicides by making it a part of the conditions of insurance.

Damn that was fast. Posted the test page late last night. We will be adding " without an fid card" to the disclaimer. It is not insurance it is my policy. After I had a student commit suicide on and in front of me we did some research. Seems no one brings a friend with them to kill themselves.

Damn that was fast. Posted the test page late last night. We will be adding " without an fid card" to the disclaimer. It is not insurance it is my policy. After I had a student commit suicide on and in front of me we did some research. Seems no one brings a friend with them to kill themselves.

Well, this really sucks and I truely think you should have mentioned these conditions from the beginning. As someone who's been waiting for the FID for 4 months now, with no idea when I will actually get it, I got the gold membership specifically for being able to go to the range, rent a gun, and do some shooting. Now you're telling me that not only do I have to have an FID card, but I also have to bring someone with me.

Not cool, man!

@mimold ... I'll go with you.

@Anthony, do you have a definitive list of the guns/rifles you'll be purchasing for rental on the 1st pass?  One of the key features I like to rent guns is because not only can I feel the gun in my hand as you can do at a gun shop, but you can also feel the full mechanics working via shooting by renting prior to making a decision to buy.

Well, this really sucks and I truely think you should have mentioned these conditions from the beginning. As someone who's been waiting for the FID for 4 months now, with no idea when I will actually get it, I got the gold membership specifically for being able to go to the range, rent a gun, and do some shooting. Now you're telling me that not only do I have to have an FID card, but I also have to bring someone with me.

Not cool, man!

We will extend your membership until you receive your Id or whatever works best for you. We are not corporate America. We are a family business and treat all clients that way. So tell me what you want to do.

Ant

@mimold ... I'll go with you.

@Anthony, do you have a definitive list of the guns/rifles you'll be purchasing for rental on the 1st pass? One of the key features I like to rent guns is because not only can I feel the gun in my hand as you can do at a gun shop, but you can also feel the full mechanics working via shooting by renting prior to making a decision to buy.

Will be working on the list this weekend. It will be diverse and ever growing.

Will be working on the list this weekend. It will be diverse and ever growing.

Awesome!  I hope to pop my cherry there!  What does that mean?  I've shot OTHER PEOPLE'S guns for years.  With all that was going on.. any day now, my "INSTANT" 18-DAY WAIT N.I.C.S. check will come thru and I'll be able to pick up my Ruger SR40 at the FFL in Nutley. 

@Cobalt: Thanks, I might take you up on that :-)

@gunforhire An extension sounds good, thank you. How should I contact you about this issue?

email me and I will send you a confirmation. The day you get your fid. we will activate your membership. First rental is on me ( not the desert eagle). Lol.

[email protected]