Barms

Woodland Park Range

always a good time there.  i rented today. shot like crap. seems to be the story of my life.  last sunday i probably shot better than I ever have.  i wonder if the slight differences between my sig (p226, standard grip, SRT) and theirs (e2 grip standard trigger reset) caused the issue, or it was my suckiness

what time?

always a good time there.  i rented today. shot like crap. seems to be the story of my life.  last sunday i probably shot better than I ever have.  i wonder if the slight differences between my sig (p226, standard grip, SRT) and theirs (e2 grip standard trigger reset) caused the issue, or it was my suckiness

Can I observe you shoot next time? I may have some input.

Ant

Can I observe you shoot next time? I may have some input.

Ant

that would be great.  I'm hoping to go monday around 11:30 again.  i also emailed jimmy and hope to schedule a private lesson with someone sometime in february but would love a few tips before then

Went in this morning to try out my new M&P40c and brought my girlfriend along(and the 10/22).  It was her first time and she has never been around guns aside from when I clean them.  After an hour and about 100 rounds of .22 through my 10/22; she said this will be our new hang out.  Everyone made her comfortable and she enjoyed the place, she can't wait to go back and try the M&P 9mm!

that would be great.  I'm hoping to go monday around 11:30 again.  i also emailed jimmy and hope to schedule a private lesson with someone sometime in february but would love a few tips before then

I may be there 12 isn Monday ask for me.

Ant

Went in this morning to try out my new M&P40c and brought my girlfriend along(and the 10/22).  It was her first time and she has never been around guns aside from when I clean them.  After an hour and about 100 rounds of .22 through my 10/22; she said this will be our new hang out.  Everyone made her comfortable and she enjoyed the place, she can't wait to go back and try the M&P 9mm!

Great to hear!  That is what it is all about.

Ant

Hey,

I plan on coming tomorrow morning for doors open at 8am, does it get really busy that early? I would need a rifle port, trying to get the new optic sighted in. I do not have a bi-pod for my AR, are there any rifle rests available to use? Thanks for the info!

My membership package (silver level) included some free rentals, none of which I've used.  How does that work if I want to try out the higher end stuff?  Can I trade 2 credits for 1 "tope shelf" rental?  Or can I pay the difference?  Thanks.

My membership package (silver level) included some free rentals, none of which I've used.  How does that work if I want to try out the higher end stuff?  Can I trade 2 credits for 1 "tope shelf" rental?  Or can I pay the difference?  Thanks.

I believe those free rentals with your membership count for anything on the wall, top shelf or not. At least that's how mine have been treated.

I believe those free rentals with your membership count for anything on the wall, top shelf or not. At least that's how mine have been treated.

I was hoping to hear that!!  Now I have to use them before my membership expires (and of course I will renew)

Are you allowed to pick up your own brass ?

Yes, in fact, if you tell the RSO that you want your brass (or if like in my case he just notices you picking up your brass) they will probably offer to sweep it all towards you.

There is no place with more customer-friendly and supportive RSOs.  That's one of the best parts about GFH, and one of the reasons it's the only indoor range I'm interested in shooting at.

Hey,

I plan on coming tomorrow morning for doors open at 8am, does it get really busy that early? I would need a rifle port, trying to get the new optic sighted in. I do not have a bi-pod for my AR, are there any rifle rests available to use? Thanks for the info!

We have all the toys you need at the range. There is always a small rush at open but no worries.

Ant

Finally made it yesterday and I was absolutely impressed! The staff was outstanding, they were friendly and organized and everyone that walked past you said hello. The range is awesome, huge, clean and they had everything I needed. If you haven't been do yourself a favor and go you will not be disappointed.

called the other day, to see if 50yd range was open. was told on the phone it was open and it's OK to come.  20 min later i was there looking to sight in my big gun...but... apparently, girl on the phone made a mistake and 50yd was actually closed.. bummer.

having said that,  range stuff was extremely polite, understanding and apologetic and offered me free lane at 25yd.  can't say no to free :)

I am very impressed with the stuff and how they handled it.  Awesome. and facility is great.

Think that's usually in case other's have brass and to avoid fights over who's is who's.....

I generally pickup 45 brass that lands in my port, and leave 9mm brass alone.  Last two times, people in ports next to me noticed me picking up my brass and started handing me all theirs.  Nothing but friendly vibes at GFH.

Went to Shore Shot today for the first time with some buddies and what a let down that was. After coming to this range I expect the same everywhere where else and that is NOT the case. Next week they are coming up to me and we are hitting Woodland park so they can see a real range. 

Hit up GFH today for the first time.. went with a friend and his dad to the 50yard range to let off some steam from a really rough week. Can't even begin to say how great the place was. Went early morning, was a bit crowded but who cares... i had fun. I did manage to have one issue with the stupid port controller.. the target holder kept rotating when it would get to the final foot or so before returning to me... and i had to keep pushing the damn button to make it turn back into the correct position... I need to figure out how to work that thing... looked like it had some pretty cool features... would be cool to get it to rotate on a timer.

I did manage to have one issue with the stupid port controller.. the target holder kept rotating when it would get to the final foot or so before returning to me... and i had to keep pushing the damn button to make it turn back into the correct position... I need to figure out how to work that thing... looked like it had some pretty cool features... would be cool to get it to rotate on a timer.

When the target holder rotates at the end is because that position at the bench is the default position. Then while it is out you can have it turn sideways or turn to the back of your target sheet. Allows you to program turn times. I think about the programming stuff but I'm not sure. I'll have to ask the RO next time.

I was there this Sunday morning to get my fingerprints done and paperwork for the FL CCW. Went with a buddy. We had a little bit of a wait but no big deal, to be expected on any weekend day. Had some breakfast at the in house cafe, good food. Got to talk with Anthony outside for a few minutes (very friendly guy). As well as all the staff there. Jimmy helped us with our paperwork and photos, friendly guy, good sense of humor. Terrific experience at GFH as usual.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Yes, in fact, if you tell the RSO that you want your brass (or if like in my case he just notices you picking up your brass) they will probably offer to sweep it all towards you.

There is no place with more customer-friendly and supportive RSOs. That's one of the best parts about GFH, and one of the reasons it's the only indoor range I'm interested in shooting at.

I agree I was shooting Saturday afternoon and they were sweeping .223 brass in my direction! Great buncha guys can't stress it enough.