Barms

Woodland Park Range

I'll try one more time. As per Ant. To my own ears. Once membership sells out, no public shooting. No walk ons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That is what I heard from Ant, also. At a different time of the day.

Relax man.... Not worth you getting your nickers in a wad. Let Anthony worry about it.

I'll try one more time. As per Ant. To my own ears. Once membership sells out, no public shooting. No walk ons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

Just got home from the tour and it is very impressive. I was trying to resist joining (I'm cheap) but it was impossible not to after seeing it. Everything was top notch and it seems like a great layout with the classrooms separated from the range.

I was told by Jimmy they are doing a cap at 1200 members at which point it will go private, Up until then they will allow walk-ins. Based on the number of people signing up while I was there I can't imagine they will have to wait long to hit that 1200 mark.

Just got home from the tour and it is very impressive. I was trying to resist joining (I'm cheap) but it was impossible not to after seeing it. Everything was top notch and it seems like a great layout with the classrooms separated from the range.

I was told by Jimmy they are doing a cap at 1200 members at which point it will go private, Up until then they will allow walk-ins. Based on the number of people signing up while I was there I can't imagine they will have to wait long to hit that 1200 mark.

Yep I heard that once membership is sold out then it will become a private club. I would also think that won't be long before we see that.

Yep I heard that once membership is sold out then it will become a private club. I would also think that won't be long before we see that.

That sucks. I will only be in NJ for a few more months; I really don't want to chalk up the money for something I will only use for a couple months.

Oh well, place sounds like a great range. Good luck!

Only thing stopping me from buying a gold membership is that I'm planning to be out of NJ in 6 months and the memberships are not transferable (I asked). Reluctantly I'll be a walk-in here.

That is what stopped me from signing up. I plan on being out of NJ by late summer, if I could transfer membership to my buddy once I leave, I would gladly go platinum. But without that ability to transfer, it would be a waste of money for me.

ETA: Place sounds awesome, good luck Ant and Gun for Hire.

That is what stopped me from signing up. I plan on being out of NJ by late summer, if I could transfer membership to my buddy once I leave, I would gladly go platinum. But without that ability to transfer, it would be a waste of money for me.

ETA: Place sounds awesome, good luck Ant and Gun for Hire.

Have you discussed this with Anthony?

Have you discussed this with Anthony?

Why do you ask?

As per their website, memberships are non-transferable, written clear as day and in English. I have no need to ask a question that I already know the answer to.

Why do you ask?

As per their website, memberships are non-transferable, written clear as day and in English. I have no need to ask a question that I already know the answer to.

Ok then

anyone join w/ a Silver membership? ...seems like everyone wants GOLD! =thoughts?

I joined as Silver but will probably upgrade if the range is as great in practice as it was during the tour. I'm still waiting to see how crazy it is there and how long the wait times are

thinking about the same silver/gold debate...I don't really get out enough to warrant the gold. Silver would be sufficient. However, the case for laying out the extra cash for the gold is the ability to skip ahead to the 2nd person in line. Ant structured that perfectly...he's got my number

Most public ranges around this state are a sh**show with wait times. I don't want to pay a membership to wait 45-60 minutes to shoot, which very likely could happen with a silver membership. You will wait in line just like all the walk-ins. Unless the club goes completely private, silver membership may be obsolete. You would basically need a minimum of a gold membership to actually get your turn with any sort of speed.

Maybe Ant can clarify on whether he intends to go all private with enough memberships?

I just signed up this morning for Gold. The jumping the line was a plus and the guest passes will help me convert some people! Lol.

As I told Jimmy this morning, I went there to join, the tour was a bonus :) the place is amazing. Can't wait for the opening.

The pricing structure is very high. Range members should not have to pay additional fees for the use of the range. Compare Heritage in Easton's pricing structure with GFH's pricing structure.. Why don't you set up a category, like Heritage has, where you can pay a flat rate, which covers unlimited range usage for the year, with a one hour per visit limit. You will get more members.

The pricing structure is very high. Range members should not have to pay additional fees for the use of the range. Compare Heritage in Easton's pricing structure with GFH's pricing structure.. Why don't you set up a category, like Heritage has, where you can pay a flat rate, which covers unlimited range usage for the year, with a one hour per visit limit. You will get more members.

Anthony will have no issues with members or customers....... This range is like no other in the tri-state area..... And that's the way he planned it.

Anthony will have no issues with members or customers....... This range is like no other in the tri-state area..... And that's the way he planned it.

60% sold out! I will respond to other questions when I get a breather!

Ant

60% sold out! I will respond to other questions when I get a breather!

Ant

I think this sort of settles things, and a week to go on the tours.

Better get in while you can.

I didn't take a tour so I can't say first hand but the range doesn't look much different to RTSP. Based on the photos I've seen, I don't think it's that much nicer. The gold membership seem on the pricey side especially when you still have to pay a hourly rate. Getting pushed up in the que is a nice feature but not sure it justifies the membership fees.

Oh well technically it's the clubs loss of money, I mean they are gonna make a decent profit off selling the brass also.

I didn't take a tour so I can't say first hand but the range doesn't look much different to RTSP. Based on the photos I've seen, I don't think it's that much nicer. The gold membership seem on the pricey side especially when you still have to pay a hourly rate. Getting pushed up in the que is a nice feature but not sure it justifies the membership fees.

No offense, but you are wrong. It is much different, in big ways and little ways. Lots of thought went in to making this a high end, customer friendly range. It is expensive, but in this case, you are getting what you pay for. I went Platinum.

how do you jump in line if EVERYONE is a GOLD member? -just curious.

Thats a good point. I thought about that too. The answer is you cant jump in front of everyone if all people in the que are gold members. Its like standing in the Hertz VIP preffered customer line and there are 10 people in front of you...you dont feel too special now that everyone is in the same boat waiting in line. Gold can only trump silver and walk-ins. Platinum and founders beats all.

I did join up as a gold member but I plan on shooting during the week on my lunch break so hopefully there will not be a line of people waiting to use the range at that time. I will avoid weekends and evenings if at all possible.

Thats a good point. I thought about that too. The answer is you cant jump in front of everyone if all people in the que are gold members. Its like standing in the Hertz VIP preffered customer line and there are 10 people in front of you...you dont feel too special now that everyone is in the same boat waiting in line. Gold can only trump silver and walk-ins. Platinum and founders beats all.

I did join up as a gold member but I plan on shooting during the week on my lunch break so hopefully there will not be a line of people waiting to use the range at that time. I will avoid weekends and evenings if at all possible.

If you can shoot weekdays at lunch time I don't think you'll be seeing much trouble at any level. I could be wrong, but I think you'll certainly be fine.

Bottom line is supply and demand. No doubt alot of money went into this place. There is no reason to drop price memberships or change the conditions of memberships if the requisite number of people sign up. Of course, if they do not, and the break even number is not reached, that is a different story. Have you ever asked someone, you met for the first time "how is business" and they told you "not good"?--Rarely--