What are you favorites? Mine are the 1911 and S&W 29 (of course because I own them).

I always wanter a walter ppk but never got around to it...

I've seen "You only live twice" a zillion times and it was on TV last night...Now that I am a sports shooter - it is the first time I noticed his PPK has absolutly no recoil (I mean none) and he takes very long shots with 1 hand from waist level...Only Bond could do this of course.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2012/10/27/15-best-guns-of-the-james-bond-films/?utm_source=ENL%2DGA&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily+Newsletters&utm_term=03%2D07%2D13

(BTW, I posted this to get my mind off this very long NICS wait I am experiencing ;-)).

Yeah, the PPK is one I've been lusting after for a very long time

Can't seem to talk myself into adding .380 to the stable though.

Shame a 9mm isn't an option, they're similar enough cartridges after all

i am not a fan of the .380 round either but I do have a walther pp .22 and I love to plink with that little thing as does the wife

As a curiosity, in the Bond movie "Never Say Never" he is using a Mauser HSC instead of a Walther PPK. Seems there was some licensing problem since that movie was made outside of the licensed Bond movies. Now the question is, was his PPK a 32 cal or a 380 version. Since he never misses it may be a mute point.

The one and only iconic Bond gun is the Walter PPK. I was lucky enough to be a young man living in a State where I could carry a gun in 1972 and first got the Beretta that Bond used to carry and then the Walter PPK to keep up with him. I cannot describe the feeling of being 21 and carrying a Walter PPK in a shoulder holster when everyone around me was carrying a 1911 or revolver. Thought I was too cool for school back then. I hate how they destroyed the look of the PPK with the extended beaver tail and its less than reliable performance. I did buy a Sig P232 last year as I think that is the sexiest .380 out there but I got slide bite. I am no longer the skinny kid I used to be. :) I will sheepishly admit to still collecting weapons disguised as ordinary household items.

As a curiosity, in the Bond movie "Never Say Never" he is using a Mauser HSC instead of a Walther PPK. Seems there was some licensing problem since that movie was made outside of the licensed Bond movies. Now the question is, was his PPK a 32 cal or a 380 version. Since he never misses it may be a mute point.

It was a .380 and described as having the same effect of a brick going through a glass window. I lived in Texas and carried a .380 Walther PPK in a shoulder holster in the early 70's when it was considered a gun best suited to those who peed sitting down. :) Back then most Texans carried a .38 spl revolver for concealed carry and a Ruger SA openly. I was considered a maverick northerner for carrying a .380, a caliber not thought highly of in 1972. Heck the 9mm was considered a caliber for the wife back then too.

It was a .380 and described as having the same effect of a brick going through a glass window. I lived in Texas and carried a .380 Walther PPK in a shoulder holster in the early 70's when it was considered a gun best suited to those who peed sitting down. :) Back then most Texans carried a .38 spl revolver for concealed carry and a Ruger SA openly. I was considered a maverick northerner for carrying a .380, a caliber not thought highly of in 1972. Heck the 9mm was considered a caliber for the wife back then too.

Bond's PPK is and always was a 32 in Fleming's books. Bond carried a .25 Beretta 418 in the first 5 Bond novels. Fleming had carried a .25 during his intelligence duties during WWII and felt this adequate. Geoffery Boothroyd, a gun collector and author, wound up suggesting the PPK in 7.65 Browning (32 Auto). Fleming replaced the Beretta with the PPK in Doctor No (1961) and that's what Bond carried throughout the rest of the original novels (along with other guns at times).

Fleming gave Boothroyd a little recognition when he named the armament expert giving Bond the PPK "Major Boothroyd".

Bond became known in the U.S. mostly due to the fact JFK commented that he enjoyed Fleming's novels.

BTW the 32 was considered an adequate police caliber in Europe into the 70s. Many police agencies in Europe started adopting the 9mm parabellum then but many thought it was too powerful. Walther introduced a 9x18 caliber (early 80s?) that was also called the 9mm Ultra and 9mm Police which is not interchangeable with the Makarov round. It was a flop and good luck finding ammo if you have one of these.

I always liked the moonraker laser more than the golden gun, in the COMPLEX

some guys used the head-shot option, i was more of a proximity mine/rocket launcher guy. Worked for me

some guys used the head-shot option, i was more of a proximity mine/rocket launcher guy. Worked for me

Really bringing me back here!

To this day, I still gloat to my buddies about getting a rocket launcher double kill FTW in the library, to get a score of 11, out of a best possible 10