I just started to get into this sport about a year ago. I have 1 9mm and I was enjoying shooting it a few times a month. I was buying cases of FMJ online for $200 and these prices allowed me to continue to enjoy my new hobby. Im running out of target ammo, and so I started to look online for more...... there hardly is any. If I do find any the prices have gone up 100% or more. I also wanted to purchase some other firearms - scratch that idea, I can barely afford a .22 pistol. I know that this has been going on for over 3 months now, but I just need to voice my frustration. Now I go to my range once every 2 months. Overall Im just upset and hope that prices go back to the way they were. Im afraid that these inflated prices are here to stay, just like we will never see gas go below $3.00/gallon again......

My two cents is that the ammo prices will come down when the demand comes down. I know ammo went up recently due to a rise in metals (copper, brass, etc...). Once the craz is over then I think the prices will come down. Just my two cents.

My opinion is completely opposed to that. We have already show, twice I might add, that as a community we are willing to pay just about anything for ammo.

After the first Obama craze died down the price of ammo dropped slightly, but not nearly to the point that it was pre craze.

I believe its going to be just like that again. It will go down again, but the days of 9.99 boxes of 9mm are long gone.

Prices have gone up but there are deals out there for ammo. This past week I picked up over 3000 rounds of 9mm for about .30 cents a round which is pretty good in today's market. You just have to look for it and when you see a deal jump on it. Don't hesitate.

Prices have gone up but there are deals out there for ammo. This past week I picked up over 3000 rounds of 9mm for about .30 cents a round which is pretty good in today's market. You just have to look for it and when you see a deal jump on it. Don't hesitate.

This may be good for today, but it was 50% less 6 months ago.....

I just started to get into this sport about a year ago. I have 1 9mm and I was enjoying shooting it a few times a month. I was buying cases of FMJ online for $200 and these prices allowed me to continue to enjoy my new hobby. Im running out of target ammo, and so I started to look online for more...... there hardly is any. If I do find any the prices have gone up 100% or more. I also wanted to purchase some other firearms - scratch that idea, I can barely afford a .22 pistol. I know that this has been going on for over 3 months now, but I just need to voice my frustration. Now I go to my range once every 2 months. Overall Im just upset and hope that prices go back to the way they were. Im afraid that these inflated prices are here to stay, just like we will never see gas go below $3.00/gallon again......

You didn't look hard enough online

My opinion is completely opposed to that. We have already show, twice I might add, that as a community we are willing to pay just about anything for ammo.

After the first Obama craze died down the price of ammo dropped slightly, but not nearly to the point that it was pre craze.

I believe its going to be just like that again. It will go down again, but the days of 9.99 boxes of 9mm are long gone.

Honorable vendors like Midway and Cabelas haven't raised prices. They just can't get enough stock to keep up with demand.

I think once every awake gun owner completes his hoard things should normalize. The question is when that will happen. I'd be curious to see an estimate of how much this craze will have increased the nationwide stock of ammo held by private individuals. If we all have mini-ammo depots at the end of this, it's not necessarily a bad thing, as it will cushion is the next time around.

Minnie ammo depots. Yeah that would crash prices if this blows over. However we have lots of new shooters right now as well.

So I would imagine a good chunk of whats being made is being used. Most long term shooters I know are reluctant to use what they have till prices calm down a bit. So I think its the new people buying it up.

I think you'll see the prices drop. As other posters mentioned, perhaps not quite to the level it was pre-Sandy Hook. What I hope to see is all the hoarders stepping over one another to sell off excess ammo when supply finally begins to loosen up and prices begin to fall.

I think you'll see the prices drop. As other posters mentioned, perhaps not quite to the level it was pre-Sandy Hook. What I hope to see is all the hoarders stepping over one another to sell off excess ammo when supply finally begins to loosen up and prices begin to fall.

its going to be a game of musical chairs.. nobody wants to get stuck holding the "$500 case of 9mm" or the "$1300 upper" ect...

i dont have to tell you, cash is king!

Honorable vendors like Midway and Cabelas haven't raised prices. They just can't get enough stock to keep up with demand.

I think once every awake gun owner completes his hoard things should normalize. The question is when that will happen. I'd be curious to see an estimate of how much this craze will have increased the nationwide stock of ammo held by private individuals. If we all have mini-ammo depots at the end of this, it's not necessarily a bad thing, as it will cushion is the next time around.

this is such an awesome (awesome as in large) display of supply and demand and a tradable market! you basically have it nailed the only factor we dont know id the amount of ammo being used..

i like us all having mini ammo depots..

PCM xtac was $300 for 1000 rounds last week. That's almost as cheap as it was last summer. Granted it sold out fast but the price had started to come down. A few more containers coming into nj and that should really bring the price down.