RobertJames

Alternatives to EOTech ?

Arlticle on foxnews.com today titled

'WE GOT HIM': Authorities Now Hunt For Answers in Boston Bombing

With the following picture

Hunt_20130420_101520.jpg

??? Werent you guys saying that eotechs are more expensive then aimpoints.

Until the Aimpont PRO came out, the N and AA Eo Tech were the cheapest "quality" (at the time) RDS on the market at face value - notice I said "cheapest" not "best value". Taking out the price of batteries, returns, and QC issues the initial price tag was lowest. When you factor in downtime of units, repairs, and battery costs, they were not the cheapest.

Unfortunately, Police Administrators don't care about that. All they care about is meeting a line item cap on a budget. This is why you still see so many Eo Turds on Police Rifles. Not because they are better, but because until a few years ago they were cheapest and their service life hasn't expired so replacements aren't in the budget yet.

Those guys are also running legacy M3 lights on their rifles, 15 year old PASGT Helmets, and crappy Pro-Tech armor. That is not their statement for what all of SWAT-dom should carry. You dance with who you brung. You bring who you are told.

My team is only one of 2 that I know of where the bean counters actually listen to the shooters before buying them gear. We are very lucky to have team leaders and a team commander that will listen and fight to get us the right gear. After years of issues, we now issue Aimpoint PROs. We have had ZERO issues since switching over.

In the past we issued Eo Turds. On a good day at the range, we would have only 10-11 of the EoTurds die on us out of the 40 issued, and only half would need to go back for repairs. Think about that: once a month 25% of our optics would die, and 12.5% would need to go back to the factory for an extended time and we were "happy" with those results because it could have been worse. On a regular basis 25% of my team mates were less than 100% mission capable due to crappy equipment. I bought my own T1 after the first time my Eo died on me.

It doesn't matter what my point is, because no matter what I say it all falls on deaf ears. You guys are so in love with the aimpoint that any positive opinion about eotech is foreign to you.

I am not in "love" with Aimpoint. Love implies an emotional attachment. I prefer Aimpoint over Eo Tech because of cold hard facts, logic, and personal experience with many units manufactured by both brands. I know I am a sample of of one end user, but I am confident in my choice of Aimpoints over Eo Turds all day long based on my experiences and the experiences of hard shooters whose opinion I value highly.