Pizza Bob

The Great Shongum Revolver Extravaganza / Reg now OPEN

Registered.

What next?

Do I join an open squad?

How many speed loaders?

Join squad 3. As many as you have a means to carry. Largest stage will most likely be a run & gun of between 28 & 32 rounds.

See you there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Ack! Squad 3 full.

Really? Maybe we'll get enough for two squads. Join any one. That fella shooting Limited may change his mind when he sees he's surrounded by a bunch crazies shooting antiques. They may break us up anyway, to make sure there are enough RO's for coverage.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Sorry about all the ?s (this is my first competition shoot of any kind).

Holsters: I would imagine the first one is OK. Second, no go?

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

First is OK, second may be also, but it's close.

Sorry about all the ?s (this is my first competition shoot of any kind).

Holsters: I would imagine the first one is OK. Second, no go?

The second is probably all right - but you should be aware that if you use a holster with a retention device (strap, snap, manual trigger guard release, etc), the device must be used (no leaving the strap loose or tucking it behind the holster). I wouldn't worry about that now - you are there to have fun and your concentration should be on safety, accuracy and smoothness - speed comes in time (I'm still waiting) and by then, if you have committed to the sport you will have moved to equipment more conducive to competition. The few extra seconds it takes you to undo a retention device, at this stage of the game, will have little effect on your score.

See you there.

Adios,

PIzza Bob

Really? Maybe we'll get enough for two squads. Join any one. That fella shooting Limited may change his mind when he sees he's surrounded by a bunch crazies shooting antiques. They may break us up anyway, to make sure there are enough RO's for coverage.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Looking online i'm the only RO in squad three, so this is a real possibility.

Reminder there is going to be an RO class held at Shongum in the next couple of months. This is a volunteer sport, and we always seem to need RO's, so if you can do it take the class and help the sport.

Looking online i'm the only RO in squad three, so this is a real possibility.

Reminder there is going to be an RO class held at Shongum in the next couple of months. This is a volunteer sport, and we always seem to need RO's, so if you can do it take the class and help the sport.

I should change mine, I've got all the RO experience other then the official lisence, is shongum like OB and CJ ? Or they want an official RO to tak duty.

Alec I can't answer that.

So, there are 60 people registered with 5 stages, that's 12 people per squad. Nine people are registered as RO's, so at the moment if there are more than two RO's squadded together one of them will likely me moved to another squad. Looks like squad 5 has 3 RO's currently, but these things can always change.

I think I have to bow out. Haven't been able to scare up more than the one speedloader & only have 100 rounds of ammo that'll make power factor.

That said, all of the above is ordered and on the way. So count on me being there next month.

Pleasure meeting all the Revolver guys who got together today, it was pretty strange seeing all them wheel guns around in one spot!

Shot pretty crappy, Getting old - Cant work for 20 hours straight and then go to a match. Messed up my accuracy and crap !

I left with a few mikes and no shoots here and there, and a sunburn. FML

It was great fun to see all the revolver shooters, but I don't think this match was up to Shongums usual standards. Not a reflection on the MD, who always does a good job - I just think they got overwhelmed. The good weather and maybe the revolver promotion may have been responsible for that. First time I have seen it maxed-out. 60 shooters = five twelve man (and women) squads. With only five stages there was no cushion as there usually is, so that if one stage was more complicated, thus slower to shoot, score and reset, it created a choke point and things got backed-up. We had four people from our squad leave early due to time constraints.

There were the usual suspects shooting revolver and some we didn't expect. RonHonda was shooting a wheelgun and swears he never will again. Just didn't hold enough ammo and shoot fast enough for Ron's taste. Neil (fastd) did very well with his S&W Governor. While I could still never see myself owning one, I have gained some new respect for the gun - if not the concept. Very strange report when fired. Probably a result of the length of the chamber (to accommodate .410 shells) - lots of room for the gases to expand before the bullet hits the forcing cone. Sorry you had to leave early Neil.

It was still an enjoyable day and the sunshine just made it moreso. No big push for next month, but if you figure on going, and just happen to want to shoot a revolver....well, what can I say?

Adios,

Pizza Bob