warden469

SIG 226

My P226R came with two mags, but that was 2011. I'd imagine nothing has changed in the last 2 years for the "base model"

As for other Sigs, my 1911 TTT came with 2, Mosquito with 1, and Sig Pro 2022 with 1.

None came with a loader.

Pretty sure all the new P22x models come with at least two magazines.

Yea, that's what I figured. I saw a nice 226 scorpion for $1000 and it only came with one mag.

Not accusing anybody here (or anywhere for that matter), but there has been reported behavior of dealers selling off the extra mags from factory guns in an effort to turn a profit. Anybody looking to buy a handgun of any kind should be aware of what their handgun of choice typically ships with, and report here if a dealer is caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Not accusing anybody here (or anywhere for that matter), but there has been reported behavior of dealers selling off the extra mags from factory guns in an effort to turn a profit. Anybody looking to buy a handgun of any kind should be aware of what their handgun of choice typically ships with, and report here if a dealer is caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Do Sigs come with less than 2 mags?

I know some companies like Browning throws out 1 mag only....

I Got the 226 Nitron (base model) in a .40. I shot the springfield, glock, s&w and sig and really liked the sig. So far shoots what every I put through it. I liked the tactical but was concerned with the high capacity mags. Also liked the MK25 (I'm ex-navy) but wanted the 40. It came with 2 mags.

I got to shoot a 226 today and I really liked it. The DA/SA will take a little getting used to but all in all I think I did well with the gun. I appreciate all the input from everybody, and as soon as my permits come in I'll be a first time SIG owner. And for the record I am between the standard 226 or the mk25. Leaning toward the standard and taking the price savings and using that torward the purchase of the .22 conversion kit. Thanks again all!

I got to shoot a 226 today and I really liked it. The DA/SA will take a little getting used to but all in all I think I did well with the gun. I appreciate all the input from everybody, and as soon as my permits come in I'll be a first time SIG owner. And for the record I am between the standard 226 or the mk25. Leaning toward the standard and taking the price savings and using that torward the purchase of the .22 conversion kit. Thanks again all!

It's less money to buy the p226 classic 22lr AND the x-change kit in 9mm......or 40 or 357.....than to get it in just 9mm. From everything I have read and studied including sig's site, the 22 classic is the "same" exact frame as the other calibers and have found very few bad reports on going that route.I will find out as soon as my permits arrive.....I have one waiting for me at the gun shop.

I've had a P226 since 1996, the ONLY thing I would ever say bad about it, is the longer trigger pull, I'm not going to get into being too picky about it, Overall,, fantastic gun.

I sold it and recently.. well waiting for the sale to be complete next weekend. In mint condition, original box, target paperwork.. I never shoot it so it's going.. not sure what I'll get next.. Either another 9 or might look at getting another .40

Shoot anything your looking at first.. its a big help.

It's less money to buy the p226 classic 22lr AND the x-change kit in 9mm......or 40 or 357.....than to get it in just 9mm. From everything I have read and studied including sig's site, the 22 classic is the "same" exact frame as the other calibers and have found very few bad reports on going that route.I will find out as soon as my permits arrive.....I have one waiting for me at the gun shop.

I shot a Sig 226 today at Shore Shot and loved the gun. Like Warden said it just fits perfectly in your hand and feels like a quality, well built handgun. now I see why Sig's carry a premium price. One of the shop workers said the same thing about getting the 226 in 22 cal. because the frames are identical. Said the 22 is about $500-550 and the 9mm conversion kits go for about $300-350 which come to the same or a little less than the 226 9mm depending on the model. I also shot a Sprinfield XD Glock 19 and Glock 34 all 9mm and the Sig felt the best by far. As far as accuracy goes the Sig and the 34 were best for me. I am a new shooter so I am not very accurate yet but felt those two guns would make me a better shooter. Thinking about burning off two permits with those two but I am still undecided.

They did not have any 226's in stock but had a nice Sig 229 for sale there for $850. Anyone have experience with the 229? How does it compare to the 226?

Hey Sludog,

I have the 229 and just bought the 226, the 229 is the compact version, literally the same gun just remove the part past the rail and you have the 229, the frame is meant for the 40 cal so the 9 fires very well, DONT buy the 22 and put the 9 and/or 40 on it, buy the 9mm fram you can put the 40 and 22 on it from there the lower wont perform as well or at all if its 22, the biggest difference is the longer barrel and weight the 226 is more than the 229, but again both great great guns! Hope that helps!

V/R,

Dan

I shot a Sig 226 today at Shore Shot and loved the gun. Like Warden said it just fits perfectly in your hand and feels like a quality, well built handgun. now I see why Sig's carry a premium price. One of the shop workers said the same thing about getting the 226 in 22 cal. because the frames are identical. Said the 22 is about $500-550 and the 9mm conversion kits go for about $300-350 which come to the same or a little less than the 226 9mm depending on the model. I also shot a Sprinfield XD Glock 19 and Glock 34 all 9mm and the Sig felt the best by far. As far as accuracy goes the Sig and the 34 were best for me. I am a new shooter so I am not very accurate yet but felt those two guns would make me a better shooter. Thinking about burning off two permits with those two but I am still undecided.

They did not have any 226's in stock but had a nice Sig 229 for sale there for $850. Anyone have experience with the 229? How does it compare to the 226?

My 226 combat has hard first pull (10 pounds) and then has short trigger pull on follow up shots I'm guessing (2-4 pounds). How much less of a pull would a srt give it? I did not get a sticker with my sig......Very disappointing but very happy with the firearm. recently brought a glock in 40 can't wait for my next round of state permission to get a sig in 40.

My 226 combat has hard first pull (10 pounds) and then has short trigger pull on follow up shots I'm guessing (2-4 pounds). How much less of a pull would a srt give it? I did not get a sticker with my sig......Very disappointing but very happy with the firearm. recently brought a glock in 40 can't wait for my next round of state permission to get a sig in 40.

Not sure you get a lighter pull with the SRT, just a shorter one.

I am going through the same experience of trying to get it to "work". I presently own 2 different p226's and I have tried just about every configuration available. SA/DA, DAK, SRT, short trigger, beavertail, E2 grips, Hogue grips, G10 grips, if it's an option, I've tried it. I shoot the gun best in double action as crazy as that sounds. Single action is still a bit of a battle for me. I am fighting a flinching problem with this gun that I just can't figure out why. I shoot my 1911's in 45 more consistently than I shoot my p226 9 in SA. I am beginning to think that the gun just doesn't fit my hand well...the angle for the trigger is WAY further back than any other gun I shoot. Maybe I just need more time with it. When I'm "on" with it, it rivals my 9mm 1911 for accuracy off hand. When I'm off, I can shoot 4" low and left at 10 yards. That said, I won't part with the gun, I do love it for some reason. It eats anything, super reliable, easy to maintain. 3 out of my 4 range sessions are now pretty good with it, but that's still not good enough. It shouldn't be such a love hate relationship.

I am in the same boat as you. I cannot shoot my 226 Elite Dark consistently at all! When I first got it new, it shot 8" low at 5 yards every time. Sent it back to Sig and they put a shorter front sight on in. Now, depending on the day of the week, I can shoot it better. I hear you with the love hate relationship, but the gun is just too damn sexy to hate for very long!

Hey Sludog,

DONT buy the 22 and put the 9 and/or 40 on it, buy the 9mm fram you can put the 40 and 22 on it from there the lower wont perform as well or at all if its 22, V/R,

Dan

Can you elaborate on this? Where did you hear and why. Did you have one. I find it hard to believe that Sig actually makes a gun in a caliber that "won't perform well or at all" I have done tons of searching and your's is only the second negative post about the 22lr I have read. Any other info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Varna,

I'm not saying the guns bad, the complete opposite I love Sigs! I own 2 and are my favorite pistols behind my 1911 lol, I'm saying not to buy the 22lr gun and put a 40 or 9 on it, that's what I was talking about, I actually tell everyone to buy sigs, great great guns!, hope that explains better lol, thanks again!

V/R,

Dan

Can you elaborate on this? Where did you hear and why. Did you have one. I find it hard to believe that Sig actually makes a gun in a caliber that "won't perform well or at all" I have done tons of searching and your's is only the second negative post about the 22lr I have read. Any other info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Varna,

I'm not saying the guns bad, the complete opposite I love Sigs! I own 2 and are my favorite pistols behind my 1911 lol, I'm saying not to buy the 22lr gun and put a 40 or 9 on it, that's what I was talking about, I actually tell everyone to buy sigs, great great guns!, hope that explains better lol, thanks again!

V/R,

Dan

Well, no, it doesn't explain it. Where did you hear "not" to buy the 22lr and X-Change kits? I'm not trying to bust balls but I have one on lay-away and would like to know "if" there is a problem with the p226 in 22lr. I don't want to end up with gun that "doesn't work" for what it was designed for.

Hey varna,

It will work fine, but the 22 model was made to handle 22lr and putting 40 & 9 on a frame that wasnt designed to handle those stresses will hurt the gun, for the 200$ extra to buy a frame for a higher caliber and go down, your doing the opposite by getting the 22 and putting a 40 on it, will it work yes but will degrade it, hope this helps

Vr,

Dan

Well, no, it doesn't explain it. Where did you hear "not" to buy the 22lr and X-Change kits? I'm not trying to bust balls but I have one on lay-away and would like to know "if" there is a problem with the p226 in 22lr. I don't want to end up with gun that "doesn't work" for what it was designed for.

I personally don't know if the 22lr out of the box is any good at all but I will tell you that the 22lr x-change kit for my 226 SS Elite in 40 **STINKS**. Reliability is terrible, quality is not there, and the plastic magazines are a joke. I even had to buy aftermarket followers so the slide would stay open after the last shot.

At first I thought my reliability issues were because I had a full trigger job done on my 226. Trigger pull is now 6.4 on DA and 2.6 on SA. But one of the guys I shoot with has a stock 226 and also purchased the 22 upper. His is no more reliable than mine is. And the failures are all over the place. They are Failure to fire, feed and stove pipes. Tried all types of ammo, no help. I will gladly sell you my upper in 22, barely used. Just don't complain to me when you have problems.

BTW, I love Sigs and have a 226 Elite SS, X6 Scantic, Mosquito, 1911 SS and a P239. My 226 X6 and SS Elite are two of the best pistols I own, no regrets. The others are great guns also.

Hey varna,

It will work fine, but the 22 model was made to handle 22lr and putting 40 & 9 on a frame that wasnt designed to handle those stresses will hurt the gun, for the 200$ extra to buy a frame for a higher caliber and go down, your doing the opposite by getting the 22 and putting a 40 on it, will it work yes but will degrade it, hope this helps

Vr,

Dan

Well, I'll take my chances. Thanks for the responses.

http://shop.sigsauer...onversion-Kits/

Easily change the caliber of your Sig Sauer P226 pistol with a conversion or caliber x-change kit!

Sig's P226 series pistols all use the same spec frame making converting the pistol as easy as field stripping the slide from the frame and installing the conversion slide.

http://www.gunsameri...lassic-22LR.htm

The SIG SAUER® Classic .22’s are built on the same frame as their centerfire counterparts. .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sig_226

P226/P229 Classic 22

This .22LR models primary purpose is as practice or range pistols. The Classic 22 has an aluminum slide with a nitron finish (instead of the centerfire stainless steel slide) and a barrel chambered in .22LR. The Classic 22 slide assembly is complete with a lighter recoil spring and plastic guide rod. It also incorporates the same frame and operation as center fire P226 models.

http://www.hyattguns...tail-frame.html

Introducing the new SIG SAUER Classic centerfire pistols in .22LR Rimfire models. The same Classic pistols that have been used by civilian, law enforcement, and military personnel the world over, can now have these same models factory built in .22LR. The SIG SAUER_ Classic .22's are built on the same frame as their centerfire counterparts.

Ok, your money lol good luck!

Vr,

Dan

Well, I'll take my chances. Thanks for the responses.

http://shop.sigsauerguns.com/Magazines_2/P226-Conversion-Kits/

Easily change the caliber of your Sig Sauer P226 pistol with a conversion or caliber x-change kit!

Sig's P226 series pistols all use the same spec frame making converting the pistol as easy as field stripping the slide from the frame and installing the conversion slide.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/905693366/SIG+226+Classic-22LR.htm

The SIG SAUER® Classic .22’s are built on the same frame as their centerfire counterparts. All Classic .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sig_226

P226/P229 Classic 22

This .22LR models primary purpose is as practice or range pistols. The Classic 22 has an aluminum slide with a nitron finish (instead of the centerfire stainless steel slide) and a barrel chambered in .22LR. The Classic 22 slide assembly is complete with a lighter recoil spring and plastic guide rod. It also incorporates the same frame and operation as center fire P226 models.

http://www.hyattgunstore.com/sig-sauer-p226-classic-.22lr-pistol-beavertail-frame.html

Introducing the new SIG SAUER Classic centerfire pistols in .22LR Rimfire models. The same Classic pistols that have been used by civilian, law enforcement, and military personnel the world over, can now have these same models factory built in .22LR. The SIG SAUER_ Classic .22's are built on the same frame as their centerfire counterparts.

You will be fine buying the .22 and putting the conversion kit on it. It is the way to go in terms of $$. The frames are the same on the p226. If you don't want the .22, then sell the top end and magazine as a conversion after you get the caliber you want. Sig is way ahead of the game making their tops interchange. Older 226 frames might have been an issue but the newer frames stamped NH are GTG.

I am in the same boat as you. I cannot shoot my 226 Elite Dark consistently at all! When I first got it new, it shot 8" low at 5 yards every time. Sent it back to Sig and they put a shorter front sight on in. Now, depending on the day of the week, I can shoot it better. I hear you with the love hate relationship, but the gun is just too damn sexy to hate for very long!

Yeah, when I first got it, I wasn't far off from you in terms of struggling to stay on paper. It did force me to go back to the drawing board and do more dry firing and concentrate on the front sight only harder than ever. So that's one of the +'s I have now, is it forces me to keep doing the practicing that makes me even more proficient with other platforms.

FWIW, I have shot M9/92 variants with somewhat more success, never paid enough attention to see how that gun fit me since I wasn't really considering another 5" barrel.

You will be fine buying the .22 and putting the conversion kit on it. It is the way to go in terms of $$. The frames are the same on the p226. If you don't want the .22, then sell the top end and magazine as a conversion after you get the caliber you want. Sig is way ahead of the game making their tops interchange. Older 226 frames might have been an issue but the newer frames stamped NH are GTG.

That's what I have been told and read several times. I was just wondering about the bad reviews and problems folks were having.......that "my" searches couldn't find.